The map is useless!

Astray404

• 9 months later...

Just finished the game too and also found the map the most terrible feature. It's quite useless on most occasions. Even hovering over locations to look at progress checklists was a pain, because the cursor was being pulled away from the spot I wanted to look at. Otherwise, one of the best games I've played yet.

• 1 year later...

This map can definitely be a bit confusing going after 100%, such as trying to hover over areas on the map to see if you are missing anything. Luckily, the areas themselves are not that confusing. Some minor verticality issues, being able to see a higher area and needing to wander around to figure out the location of the lift. That is all I really remember. 

I recently finished Jedi Fallen Order and holy @&#% that is a terrible and confusing map. WITHOUT fast travel. I also recently tried jumping back into Darksiders 2. That's another rough one. I think the creators of God of War did a really good job of making very dense maps, where exploration is a very large part of the game. The developers probably made the vague map to enforce curiosity, etc.