Is any of the DLC required for 100%

steel6burgh

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

So as the title states but also is the dlc going to make it easier/faster.  I only ask because even with the holiday sale the dlc is more expensive than the game.  Another post said the game is sort of dull without it?  Never played a sims game so not wanting it to turn into a money pit.

The DLC isn't needed for the platinum. The following DLCs will make it easier, but aren't necessary (according to the guide):

Vampires Pack for the Allnighter Trophy

Deluxe Pack for the Basketcase Trophy

City Life Pack for the Triple Play Trophy

Hope that helps. I'm about to start this as well, since the wife wants me to.. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdh0921 said:

The DLC isn't needed for the platinum. The following DLCs will make it easier, but aren't necessary (according to the guide):

Vampires Pack for the Allnighter Trophy

Deluxe Pack for the Basketcase Trophy

City Life Pack for the Triple Play Trophy

Hope that helps. I'm about to start this as well, since the wife wants me to.. 1f611.png

Thanks for the info.  The game is 9.99 right now but man those dlc's.  They are all 19.99 to 24.99 each with a 50% discount and there must be 20 of them.  I can't believe people sink that kind of money into that game.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, steel6burgh said:

So as the title states but also is the dlc going to make it easier/faster.  I only ask because even with the holiday sale the dlc is more expensive than the game.  Another post said the game is sort of dull without it?  Never played a sims game so not wanting it to turn into a money pit.

You can earn the platinum without DLC, the gallery update makes the game easier now you don't need the DLC for the platinum.