Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

I'm not sure what PSN does when people hide their games, but then doesn't that mean that their level and percentage won't match what's actually visible on PSN - If I'm not mistaken, doesn't PSN hide the games but not alter your trophy level/percentage? If I were to recommend, I would say to keep the level the same as it is on PSN and add a section under games on peoples profiles that is "Hidden Games" that you can click on and it would expand and highlight the hidden games or something

I'm not sure what PSN does when people hide their games, but then doesn't that mean that their level and percentage won't match what's actually visible on PSN - If I'm not mistaken, doesn't PSN hide the games but not alter your trophy level/percentage? If I were to recommend, I would say to keep the level the same as it is on PSN and add a section under games on peoples profiles that is "Hidden Games" that you can click on and it would expand and highlight the hidden games or something

We don't know which games are hidden, PSN acts like you never had it, except your trophy count won't match what we have on file.

So hackers will be able to get back onto the clean leaderboards?

A little disappointed anybody can just get a 100% average now but what can you do...Horrible update just.

By removing the flagged games and having their counts/level altered to match.

Also, a user with 100% in 5 games is nothing compared to 100% in 50 games, you'll still know who has earned the completion percentage.

• Like 1

I know it won't affect me personally (since I don't have a Vita), but I do appreciate keeping this site clean from those who would want to take advantage of this.  Thanks Sly  :awesome:

It will most likely be added to PS3 in the next patch

This is awesome Sly!!  If only Sony would implement it like you did, I would gladly delete some of my low percentage games that I hated even if it cost me losing some trophies, great work!!  So this gives the hackers a second chance at a clean start, that's not too bad, everyone deserves a second chance in my opinion.  Hoping this comes to Ps3 in the next patch.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 3

We don't know which games are hidden, PSN acts like you never had it, except your trophy count won't match what we have on file.

I gotcha, so whoever chooses to hide their games won't have their level the same as PSN because they chose to hide games. I guess that's actually the best you can do with this update now that I can think about it. You said you can't detect what games users decided to hide, but can you detect that users did actually chose the option to hide their games? If so, I would put a message on those peoples profiles that chose to hide trophies to say something like "This user has chose to hide some trophies, because of that their trophy level will not actually reflect what is shown on PSN for legitimacy reasons." - anyone visiting that persons profile would see this which would explain why their level may not match up with PSN

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

If this came to the PS3, I wouldn't use it. Sure, I would like to get rid of Ico, Tony H.A.W.X and Shadow of the Colossus, but it just wouldn't look right...

Good feature for those who care about % though.

Edited by madbuk

This is awesome Sly!!  If only Sony would implement it like you did, I would gladly delete some of my low percentage games that I hated even if it cost me losing some trophies, great work!!  So this gives the hackers a second chance at a clean start, that's not too bad, everyone deserves a second chance in my opinion.

Agreed !

And thanks Sly for doing it so fast :)

Edited by TheBolloxx

I gotcha, so whoever chooses to hide their games won't have their level the same as PSN because they chose to hide games. I guess that's actually the best you can do with this update now that I can think about it. You said you can't detect what games users decided to hide, but can you detect that users did actually chose the option to hide their games? If so, I would put a message on those peoples profiles that chose to hide trophies to say something like "This user has chose to hide some trophies, because of that their trophy level will not actually reflect what is shown on PSN for legitimacy reasons." - anyone visiting that persone profile would see this which would explain why their level may not match up with PSN

I think this is a great idea...

Edited by Kazuma

This is awesome Sly!!  If only Sony would implement it like you did, I would gladly delete some of my low percentage games that I hated even if it cost me losing some trophies, great work!!  So this gives the hackers a second chance at a clean start, that's not too bad, everyone deserves a second chance in my opinion.  Hoping this comes to Ps3 in the next patch.

Yeah but say your account got hacked or something unfortunate happened where somebody got access to your account, they could delete every last trophy on your account in 5 minutes and that's that, year of progress and hard work gone...that's why that feature wouldn't work, Though i would like a feature to delete 0% but that's it

Yeah but say your account got hacked or something unfortunate happened where somebody got access to your account, they could delete every last trophy on your account in 5 minutes and that's that, year of progress and hard work gone...that's why that feature wouldn't work, Though i would like a feature to delete 0% but that's it

You got a point, in that case, Sony should implement something where you have to put a pin number, every time you want to delete a game off your list.

You got a point, in that case, Sony should implement something where you have to put a pin number, every time you want to delete a game off your list.

I say Sony should only allow you to delete games that are 15% or under, or if that doesn't sound good, they should do what other people are saying - just the games that are at 0% can be deleted.

• Like 1

Ya rare trophies becoming less rare because people who can't earn them choose to hide them, hackers hacking all the games they want and just hiding the ones they get cought on, everyone and their dog having a 100% completion ration cause just hide any game until you finish it...

I really hope this doesn't come to PS3.

Edited by lporiginalg
  • Like 3

Question to Sly:

Will hiding trophies affect users' completion ratio?  Let's say someone has 90% completion with 1 game unfinished.  If he hides that game will his completion rate go to 100%?  Thanks.

Yes it does

As far as I'm aware you're not deleting the trophies or games just hiding them.  You can just unhide them via your vita.

Yeah but the feature is just pure and utter dumb, who the hell wants to hide trophies for privacy reasons? People who hide trophies i will just assume are a hacker or have Hannah Montana on their list

Edited by Kazuma
  • Like 2