Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

If a competition is "unhidden only" and they didn't hack, why would they need to worry about hiding their trophies?

People will hide their trophies for all types of reasons.

A friend/family member put a game on their account that they didn't like.

They only got two trophies in a game, they found it was a terrible, boring game and want it off their list.

The servers closed and they couldn't achieve the platinum, so they rectify that by deleting that game off their list.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

Just seen a guy's percentage going from 74.2 up to 92.1, This is ridiculous, Makes my legit percentage seem pointless after all that hard work.

Did you work hard for this completion rate for yourself or to show other gamers how strong you are ? 

How would that work?  So someone that has a hidden game on their list couldn't partake in a competition even though they didn't hack?

In other words, people can now completely alter their stats and the site stats, you can't have fair competition that way.

• Like 2

Tell me about it.  I've wasted 300-400 hours completing Warhawk to get closer to my 100%.  Now anyone can accomplish the same thing with just a single click...

No - it's for completionist leaderboard purposes like this one for example:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/195952-ps3t-completionist-leaderboard.html

Without a way to tell who hides their trophies, 100% means completely nothing.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't say it means nothing man, a person has 60 platinums, and they completed 57 out of 60 games, 2 of those games he hates with a passion and only has 2 trophies in it, the other has multiplayer servers that are now closed, so he can't ever have a 100% completion rate because the servers are closed and because he doesn't want to spend dozens of hour playing through a game he hates.  You know what I mean?

They only got two trophies in a game, they found it was a terrible, boring game and want it off their list.

The servers closed and they couldn't achieve the platinum, so they rectify that by deleting that game off their list.

Sure, and for general use I have absolutely no problem with that.

But for a competition, where you want everyone to have an even playing field, is where issues can occur if people are "editing" their trophy lists.

What does one stand to gain from any of those?

i just updated my vita, but still can not see that privacy setting option. is it not included for eu vita yet? :o [offtopic maybe]

You must go to the "Playstation Network" bar at the top of the trophies app for it to work, not the "PS Vita System" bar

IF anyone would be pissed off about the easiness of high completion rate, it would be me.  I spent a month of daily gaming  on Uncharted 3 DLC alone just to have a good completion rate.

Just finished a 5 hour game on Black Ops 2 just for one trophy to bring my game to 100%

But honestly? I like the fact that I can hide SOCOM/Fuel AND have these games' trophies reduced from my count and my ranking going down to a fair spot.   Also, if it says I hid Trophies, I don't mind.

But why not show the completion rate of shared Trophies vs overall actual trophies (i.e. 1339 trophies displayed /  2000 trophies earned x 100 = actual %)?

I think that would be the best solution to maintain a completion rate that actually DOES reflect the completion rate, no matter how many games are hidden?

Anyone agree?

Edited by yazter
  • Like 3

Sure, and for general use I have absolutely no problem with that.

But for a competition, where you want everyone to have an even playing field, is where issues can occur if people are "editing" their trophy lists.

i understand that, as long as it's not so people can bully people and make them feel like less of a completionist, and say that they are better than them, that's a great idea for competitions, unfortunately, some immature people will think highly of themselves because their trophy list isn't hidden.

Edited by drummerklg

IF anyone would be pissed off about the easiness of high completion rate, it would be me.  I spent a month of daily gaming  on Uncharted 3 DLC alone just to have a good completion rate.

Just finished a 5 hour game on Black Ops 2 just for one trophy to bring my game to 100%

But honestly? I like the fact that I can hide SOCOM/Fuel AND have these games' trophies reduced from my count and my ranking going down to a fair spot.   Also, if it says I hid Trophies, I don't mind.

But why not show the completion rate of shared Trophies vs overall actual trophies (i.e. 1339 trophies displayed /  2000 trophies earned x 100 = actual %)?

I think that would be the best solution to maintain a completion rate that actually DOES reflect the completion rate, no matter how many games are hidden?

Anyone agree?

I would say eburk should be more pissed off...

But i do agree with your idea as a solution to this.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't say it means nothing man, a person has 60 platinums, and they completed 57 out of 60 games, 2 of those games he hates with a passion and only has 2 trophies in it, the other has multiplayer servers that are now closed, so he can't ever have a 100% completion rate because the servers are closed and because he doesn't want to spend dozens of hour playing through a game he hates.  You know what I mean?

I've said it before - hiding games where a trophy is unobtainable is the only legit reason for doing so.  Hiding games because you hate them, or your friend popped in a disc is not.  That's one of the reasons I have a guest account set up on my PS3.

• Like 3

I've said it before - hiding games where a trophy is unobtainable is the only legit reason for doing so.  Hiding games because you hate them, or your friend popped in a disc is not.  That's one of the reasons I have a guest account set up on my PS3.

Not everyone was a trophy hunter since the start man, some of those people didn't have guest accounts until it was too late.  And congrats on that Warhawk platinum, much respect :yay:

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

yeah i am, but still it doesnt pop up x( restart works neither...

in_c_trophies.png (Trophies)

• You can now adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Tap psn_tap.jpg (PlayStation®Network), and then tap the game you want to adjust settings for. Tap the in_option_button.png (Options) > [Privacy Settings] > [show Trophies for This Game] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable this setting.
  • Like 1

Anyone agree?

It becomes a little bit tricky.

If the completion used the unhidden numbers then we can't tell which games those trophies were in, so 0% games would have to be included now.

Also, using the unhidden numbers means any flagged games would count towards completion while being hidden on the profile.

Not everyone was a trophy hunter since the start man, some of those people didn't have guest accounts until it was too late.  And congrats on that Warhawk platinum man, much respect.

I was one of those people and i restarted 6 months ago and built up a pretty good account and now all that has just become completely pointless

That won't work because Sly can't tell which games were hidden (actual trophies).

I completely agree.  Hopefully Sly sees this.  It's the best solution so far.

Thanks!

But I did make an error, what I meant was total displayed Trophies divided by MAX Trophy count (both unlocked AND locked) x 100 = %.

So, say I have 122 trophies earned, out of 150 possible trophies.  I decided to hide a few and now my trophy count on this site is 76.  So, 76 (displayed trophies) / 150 (max possible trophies = 50.6%

So not only will that reflect a fair completion rate, but the PENALTY would be a REDUCED trophy rate (as this site counts shared trophies instead of actual earned trophies)

EDIT:  I updated my proposalThis way, on this website, even hacked Trophies would NOT contribute to completion percentage.

Edited by yazter

It becomes a little bit tricky.

If the completion used the unhidden numbers then we can't tell which games those trophies were in, so 0% games would have to be included now.

Also, using the unhidden numbers means any flagged games would count towards completion while being hidden on the profile.

That's why you should put a simple message at the top of someones profile when they decide to hide their trophies, with that, you won't have to say what games they specifically hid, but just to say that they are hiding some trophies, simple!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3