Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

If he could do that he wouldn't let anybody hide anything in the first place

Actually, he could do it!  By having a rules and regulations forum about participating in his leaderboard.  Anyone, who doesn't follow the guidelines would be simply removed!

So basically, people who have the hidden icon aren't "legitimate" trophy hunters?  Got it.   :)

People who hide their trophies in fact don't care about a legitimate completion rate, especially since at this point in time you cannot delete games off your trophy list under a certain percentage (I say Sony should do %15 and under). When the time comes around where you can officially permanently delete games off your list under, say, 15% and your level drops accordingly, then that will be a legitimate way to go about taking away undesired games, at this point in time, "hiding" undesired games is a really sloppy way for Sony to do it, and if you choose to do it, then yes, you don't care that your profile doesn't show a legitimate completion rate - but does that make you a legitimate trophy hunter? Yes, it does,however you simply just don't care about completion and instead of diving into all those games to complete them to the best of your ability, you'll instead choose to use Sony's sloppy implementation to hide them, and that will show on your profile. There should be nothing wrong with that if you do not care about completion.

I'm pondering if this even necessary since hiding games drops your place on the leaderboards altogether and also drops your level (on this website, not on PSN) - Then again, there could be ways people could drop only 0% games that could up their completion rate on the leaderboards, hmmm.. Well, I guess that's overall why I was saying to put an asterisk by their completion percent if they choose to hide trophies.

The thing with this though, is people could just hide the stuff they caught on say 15 - 20 games and then hack more games, but carefully doing it so it's untraceable.  Having a LIMIT to the amount of trophies a person can hide will deter massive hackers, prevent returning known massive hackers, and weed out the fake completionists!

The thing with this though, is people could just hide the stuff they caught on say 15 - 20 games and then hack more games, but carefully doing it so it's untraceable.  Having a LIMIT to the amount of trophies a person can hide will deter massive hackers, prevent returning known massive hackers, and weed out the fake completionists!

Hmm, you do bring up some good points there! That's kinda what Eternal21 brought up that this website chose to do - http://(URL not allowed)/forums/showthread.php?625-Privacy-Settings-for-Trophies - however I guess that will be Sly's end decision on how he handles the leaderboards, it's a tricky thing to handle with this crappy Vita update, lol

Edited by BlindMango

Nice job with the icon, looks good to me.

I hope Sony changes this as it has made pretty much every stat on this site incorrect now, ashame. Trophy hunters that abuse this feature, enjoy your 100% ;)

To be fair to Sony, this is what some people asked for. I remember reading a news article about the whole 'hiding trophies from popping up' update. (Note that this was on a trophy site) A lot of people were saying the feature was pointless, then they went onto a tangent about how nice it would be to be able to hide their 0% games. So Sony gave them what they wanted, even if it does affect this site for the worse (though I rarely look at other peoples profiles anyway)

People who hide their trophies in fact don't care about a legitimate completion rate, especially since at this point in time you cannot delete games off your trophy list under a certain percentage (I say Sony should do %15 and under). When the time comes around where you can officially permanently delete games off your list under, say, 15% and your level drops accordingly, then that will be a legitimate way to go about taking away undesired games, at this point in time, "hiding" undesired games is a really sloppy way for Sony to do it, and if you choose to do it, then yes, you don't care that your profile doesn't show a legitimate completion rate - but does that make you a legitimate trophy hunter? Yes, it does,however you simply just don't care about completion and instead of diving into all those games to complete them to the best of your ability, you'll instead choose to use Sony's sloppy implementation to hide them, and that will show on your profile. There should be nothing wrong with that if you do not care about completion.

Wouldn't the option to delete trophies permanently do the same thing though?  A person with 50% completion rate deletes a game, and then his completion rate goes up.  Now, a person hides a game, their completion rate goes up.  Am I missing something dude? lol

Edited by drummerklg

Wouldn't the option to delete trophies permanently do the same thing though?  

No, because it would officially reflect in deleting that game by dropping your trophy level/percentage to what it would be without those trophies you chose to delete. Along with that, since you would only be able to delete games 15% and under (or just 0% games like people recommend, etc) then it would also have little effect on your trophies and also gives the risk of officially down-leveling you to the appropriate percent or level without that game. Of course that would all be hypothetical if Sony decided to implement such a system.

I find it a little funny that people (myself included) have been talking about how great it would be to "delete" games from your trophy list for years... now that Sony provides a way to do so, the community lashes out saying it's unfair and  :blah:

I doubt I will use this new feature but, i'm glad Sony is listening to it's supporters.

Look, if you want to show how long your e-penis truly is... don't hide your games... complete them. With the "Privacy" icon on the PSNProfile for anyone who has hidden trophies/games, you will be able to judge away and speculate as to why they chose to hide some trophies/games.

As far as the hackers go, this allows them a sort of 2nd chance... don't we all deserve a 2nd chance? Hell, we play games that offer us - most of the time - endless chances to get through them.

Haha, well said man, if you search we should be able to delete trophies on google, you will see dozens of threads on it, now that Sony made it happen, people hate it, lol.

Wouldn't the option to delete trophies permanently do the same thing though?  A person with 50% completion rate deletes a game, and then his completion rate goes up.  Now, a person hides a game, their completion rate goes up.  Am I missing something dude? lol

Actually with this update it's sorta is the same.  But if they allowed permanent deletion of games, then people who couldn't finish the game or refused to do so could just delete it entirely.  Thus, statistics would be skewed beyond belief.  I actually think Sony should only allow people to delete games under a certain percentage only, and once you hit that percentage you passed to the point of No Return.  But, due to my personal mishaps i'd like the chance to delete 2 full games one day!  Then revert back to the percentage thing lol.

I find it a little funny that people (myself included) have been talking about how great it would be to "delete" games from your trophy list for years... now that Sony provides a way to do so, the community lashes out saying it's unfair and  :blah:

I'm still one that wants the option to delete games under 15%, and that would drop your level accordingly. People are complaining because of the outright sloppy way that Sony decided to do it, instead of deleting low percentage games, Sony just lets you "hide" them and artificially allows you to mess with numbers by keeping the same level and percentage, it's far different that what everyone was proposing.

Actually, hiding trophies only does just that, but you keep your overall stats on PSN.  Now deleting trophies, in which people were asking for would've adjusted your statistics on PSN accordingly.  Big Difference.

• Like 2

Xbox had something like this where you could delete games you had a zero gamerscore in. I understood that deleting something you did nothing in, but I'm not sure how much I like the idea of just hiding random games while still getting the trophies.

Anyway, on topic, good call Sly to have the hidden games omitted completely from the list. I understand people's concerns over players being able to jump on the clean leaderboard by hiding hacked games, but honestly if they are on the board with only the games they actually did do honestly then I couldn't care less.

• Like 3

Anyway, on topic, good call Sly to have the hidden games omitted completely from the list. I understand people's concerns over players being able to jump on the clean leaderboard by hiding hacked games, but honestly if they are on the board with only the games they actually did do honestly then I couldn't care less.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but this goes on the assumption that the games they were flagged in by the system are the only ones they hacked....in reality people beat the system here every day.

As somebody mentioned in the other thread, this will have a negative impact on trophy rarity, since people will simply remove games they can't plat/100%.

i personally wont. if ive played the game, i want people to see. also good for showing people my list and going "well these are the games i have" 

i wont use it, but i can see how it can get abused. 

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but this goes on the assumption that the games they were flagged in by the system are the only ones they hacked....in reality people beat the system here every day.

True enough, but you're also taking into account the idea that they want to be on the clean leaderboard so much that they are willing to give up the games and trophies they already hacked, and if caught may have to do more.

Isn't it more likely that a person who hacked one or two games before harboring some regret might omit them from their record, while a consistent hacker would keep the inflated numbers while hiding behind the classic 'I never hacked a game' defense.

I'm still one that wants the option to delete games under 15%, and that would drop your level accordingly. People are complaining because of the outright sloppy way that Sony decided to do it, instead of deleting low percentage games, Sony just lets you "hide" them and artificially allows you to mess with numbers by keeping the same level and percentage, it's far different that what everyone was proposing.

Actually, hiding trophies only does just that, but you keep your overall stats on PSN.  Now deleting trophies, in which people were asking for would've adjusted your statistics on PSN accordingly.  Big Difference.

:hmm: I thought I read somewhere in the last 6 pages that it did affect your PSN level. It would have been better if it did. 

:hmm: I thought I read somewhere in the last 6 pages that it did affect your PSN level. It would have been better if it did. 

Yeah, that's the whole thing! The new "hide" feature doesn't even affect your PSN level - or officially notify anyone else that the person has hidden trophies, which is rediculous

Edited by BlindMango

I'm relatively new to this site but there's been hackers who been flagged in gaming sessions here?

There are automated scripts in place that evaluate trophy timestamps. When x number of trophies are earned in y amount of time (impossible to achieve legitimately) they are flagged. Certain games, that have been confirmed by several users, are placed on a "white list" and are excluded from the flagging system.