Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

Do you try to get a high completion rate for yourself or to shoe off your e-peen? If you do it for yourself than this update shouldn't effect you in any way, shape or form. You know damn well if your completion rate is "true" and a simple look at your profile will show others you have no games hidden. If, however, you earn trophies to show off your e-peen I could slightly understand why you'd be upset with this update but on the other hand I still find it insane that trophy hunters are trying to force their views onto everyone else. 

Gaming and earning trophies should be about your enjoyment, not about showing off. Who cares if other people can fake a high completion rate if you know you did it the legitimate way?

Parker

You do realize you are posting on a site called 'PSNProfiles' right?  The whole idea behind this site is showing your profile to others.  It even provides dedicated signatures to do so.  You don't care about your completion rate - and I have no problem with it.  We all find enjoyment in different things.  For me it comes from striving for high completion rate, and comparing it with others.  I don't care about level, or number of plats, but I can understand why others would be mad if that aspect could be cheated as well (which is why Sly is banning hackers).  This is a stats site, and the Vita update completely invalidated a substantial part of those stats.  Again, you may not care about it, but others do.

As of this post PSNP is tracking 1,163,648 profiles, do you honestly think "most" people are going to come and hide trophies to raise their percentage? I foresee a very small percentage of people doing so and as such, just as Sly said, the rarity percentages won't change. Trophy hunters make up a very small minority of gamers and even less of this already small minority are going to hide trophies. I really can't believe people are complaining that Sony and Sly are giving us more options for our profiles...  :rolleyes:

Parker

I don't know how many people are going to utilize the option. Neither do you. I've already seen quite a few though, and the amount of Vita owners pale in comparison to PS3 owners. And it's obvious enough that the PS3 will gain this ability at some point. What I cannot believe is that people are trying to pretend that this feature has any real use besides trying to make one's profile seem better than it otherwise would look, and think that's worthy of defending.

You do realize you are posting on a site called 'PSNProfiles' right?  The whole idea behind this site is showing your profile to others.  It even provides dedicated signatures to do so.  You don't care about your completion rate - and I have no problem with it.  We all find enjoyment in different things.  For me it comes from striving for high completion rate, and comparing it with others.  I don't care about level, or number of plats, but I can understand why others would be mad if that aspect could be cheated as well (which is why Sly is banning hackers).  This is a stats site, and the Vita update completely invalidated a substantial part of those stats.  Again, you may not care about it, but others do.

Please explain how it will affect the stats so much.  There are over a million profiles here and the vast majority of these profile probably don't care about completion percentage.

• Like 2

Is the hidden message thing just a way for you guys to shame him and make that person feel guilty for hiding a game?  Just wondering.

Honestly it seems that way.

It's to keep legitimacy among all competitions.

It doesn't really do anything of the sort. I'm not ashamed to have hidden the 2 trophies that are currently unseen on my account. I played WKC 1 for a few hours popped 2 trophies realized its not my kind of game and i'm glad to see it gone. If someone cared enough about hiding trophies to raise their completion, don't you think they could just make a new account. Since Sly changed it to alter the total trophy count hiding doesn't really do anything but cut down on the total number of trophies a person can earn. Sure for higher level people hiding does have merit but say a guy with 5 plats hiding half his list for a meaningless 100% that doesn't really hold water. I thought for sure half this site would understand that.

As of this post PSNP is tracking 1,163,648 profiles, do you honestly think "most" people are going to come and hide trophies to raise their percentage? I foresee a very small percentage of people doing so and as such, just as Sly said, the rarity percentages won't change. Trophy hunters make up a very small minority of gamers and even less of this already small minority are going to hide trophies. I really can't believe people are complaining that Sony and Sly are giving us more options for our profiles...  :rolleyes:

Parker

Well said Parker. 

• 2 weeks later...

Earn another trophy and they shoul hide.

In regards to rarity etc, we were discussin this the other day. Gran Turismo 5 sold about 7.3 million copies, there are about 300k copies followed on this site, so I dont think losing another 100 people through hiding is really going to change much ;)

Basically synching more friends will be better for stats than complaining about people hiding and the incoherant witch hunt that it seems to have started

Edited by Memburkulosis

• 2 weeks later...

What the point of reporting someone's cheating if he can hide those detected trophies and just return to "clean" leaderboard?

https://psnprofiles.com/duck360 - we all know that he cheated a lot, but he just hid what was detected and returned back.

As you know it's kinda easy to detect some popular hacks, but some others are almost impossible to notice. Man cheated once will cheat again with 90% probability, that's what statistics says.

May be we can have a compromise for that question? Flagged once can never return back? That seems like a legitimate and fair decision. Or just ignore hidden trophies, I dunno.

e.g. Someone cheated for 50 platinums, and only 3 of them were noticed there - hide them! Again u're on top of the clean chart, some other platinums flagged - hide again! Does that make sense?

P.S. Yeah, leaderboard especially my coutry top-100 is important for me and I'm interested in "clean" tendency for that. No other trophy site has anything like this, and also I'm not the only one, who choosed PSNP for that.

Edited by ScooloV

yep give 'em a life sentence, and forced to clean dirty lavatories with a toothbrush for 5 hours a day ...

In all seriousness, Sly has removed any trophies that were hidden from the overall score (your psn level) so the leaderboards are still only accepted as being legitimate, any illegitimate trophies do not count any more in regards to the actual leaderboards.

Quoting the first post in the thread here, ie what the discussion should be about :

The Vita got an update today which lets you hide any games on your trophy list, however it doesn't reflect in your total trophy counts or level. Keeping it like this wouldn't be too great for PSNProfiles, users could hide any game they're flagged in and appear legitimate while staying on the clean leaderboard.

I've implemented a change which will alter the total trophy counts and level to reflect the hidden games, this keeps stats corrected and allows a flagged user to remove the game and undo anything they gained from it.

Not too sure what the issue is :hmm:

Edited by Memburkulosis
  • Like 1

May I ask why this is of importance to you, Scoo? His place on the leaderboard shouldn't affect you at all. In fact, the leaderboard shouldn't affect anyone. I can understand the want to game competitively and earn a lot of trophies, but you're not even close to him trophy wise. I honestly don't see the issue. 

If you've ever talked to Duck360, you will understand that he admits openly to having hacked 6 platinums and he wished he never had done so. 

The trophies you hide are removed from your scorecard. He hid 600+ trophies, so the amount of trophies he 'earned' will change as well. 

I am going to quote what Duck360 said about cheating. I will also link the post. 

Does that mean "A cheater will always be a cheater" ?? I cheated does it mean I'll be a cheater for the rest of my life no matter how small the cheat I did? Will you treat me the same way the people treated that man because of the small crime he did? Is this really Justice?

Of course that was just to see how does your spiritual feelings are. How about we move on to science. In science a thing has to be over 50% to be the name of that thing. Meaning... I cheated 6 games out of 600. That's 1% cheating and 99% not cheating. Will you call me a cheater/hacker because of that 1%? I wise man once said, ""If you hit 99% and missed 1% then the people will forget that 99% and will hate you for the 1%... this is our society"" and to be honest what he said is true. If a materiel is 99% Iron and 1% Gold will you still call it Gold?

Here is his full entry: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/3547-cheaters-policy/page-12#entry57658

• Like 1

What the point of reporting someone's cheating if he can hide those detected trophies and just return to "clean" leaderboard?

https://psnprofiles.com/duck360 - we all know that he cheated a lot, but he just hid what was detected and returned back.

As you know it's kinda easy to detect some popular hacks, but some others are almost impossible to notice. Man cheated once will cheat again with 90% probability, that's what statistics says.

May be we can have a compromise for that question? Flagged once can never return back? That seems like a legitimate and fair decision. Or just ignore hidden trophies, I dunno.

e.g. Someone cheated for 50 platinums, and only 3 of them were noticed there - hide them! Again u're on top of the clean chart, some other platinums flagged - hide again! Does that make sense?

P.S. Yeah, leaderboard especially my coutry top-100 is important for me and I'm interested in "clean" tendency for that. No other trophy site has anything like this, and also I'm not the only one, who choosed PSNP for that.

What if I told you it's possible to edit your timestamps in such a way that it will never ever look cheated? The system is flawed, always will be, there's no way to fix it other than a complete reset. Just make the best of it and move on.

• Like 2

I LOVE this update! For ages I have been upset about games that I accidentally started that I never wanted to play. Now I can get rid of those 0%'s! For the record I will never get rid of a game that I have a trophy on as that would be stupid.

Yeah, it's as if you never had the game.

Bad update. Any cheater can hide his hacked trophies now and return to a white list. I got lifetime premium because I hoped this site has the only clean list in internet but after such update any cheater can hide everything he want. Im very upset. This way will lead site to leader-board like YGC with tons of cheaters and jail-breakers.

Edited by vanslayder

Bad update. Any cheater can hide his hacked trophies now and return to a white list. I got lifetime premium because I hoped this site has the only clean list in internet but after such update any cheater can hide everything he want. Im very upset. This way will lead site to leader-board like YGC with tons of cheaters and jail-breakers.

Again, in order to be on the clean leaderboard they'd have to hide all the games they hacked/cheated. As such their level would be lowered and it wouldn't count the games they have hidden so it is like they ever played/hacked/cheated those games so the leaderboard is as genuine as possible. If all their cheated games are hidden and don't count towards their trophy level, why does it matter if they're on a clean leaderboard? You can't see that they've cheated. 

Parker

Perhaps they just don't agree that a cheater should be on a leaderboard at all? A crazy notion, I admit. But that just may be the case.

as in any case it doesn't count to grand total, maybe it should be considered a second chance, forgiveness. Crazy notion too, I'll admit that.

I'm really thinking about getting the vita. Isit unnecessary around this time of year? 

Are you serious?  Just make a new PSN profile.  Also, it's not like you did the save file thing back when it was the hip thing to do.  You just recently did that.  Look at it like this: at least you can have a better completion ratio.

Edited by prarburkulosis