Is it possible to get the mini game trophies without the Editions version?

DarkGermanGamer

The Mini-games are exclusive to the Legacy Edition of the game, because the Bedrock Edition doesn't natively support those modes which is why the devs left the old version in the game as an alternate option. It sounds to me like your install has been corrupted in some way and that's why you're not able to switch versions, thus your best bet is to erases all traces of the game from your hard drive and reinstall it. If a reinstall doesn't work, then try obtaining a retail copy of the Bedrock Edition since that should have everything you need on the disc.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Are these trophies unobtainable now? Or just harder to obtain?

I'm just curious.

They are not unobtainable. It's easier to do them in the old version with the tutorial. Bedrock doesn't have a tutorial world, unless I'm disabled and didn't see it. 

32 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Are these trophies unobtainable now? Or just harder to obtain?

I'm just curious.

The MP trophies are a PITA to get because all the exploits were fixed years ago but most of the non-MP trophies are still a complete joke if you use the Creative Mode exploit. The Bedrock Edition removed the Tutorial World but you can still access it via the Editions button on the Main Menu and switching to the now discontinued Legacy Edition.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The MP trophies are a PITA to get because all the exploits were fixed years ago but most of the non-MP trophies are still a complete joke if you use the Creative Mode exploit. The Bedrock Edition removed the Tutorial World but you can still access it via the Editions button on the Main Menu and switching to the now discontinued Legacy Edition.

Why are the MP trophies so challenging to get? I’ve never played Minecraft but they look pretty straightforward. 

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

Why are the MP trophies so challenging to get? I’ve never played Minecraft but they look pretty straightforward. 

The servers are pure garbage and the hit/collision detection sucks, plus there is a lot of luck involved in many of the trophies if you can't get a boosting buddy in the same lobby to help you out. It also doesn't help that a couple of the trophies are glitchy so may take multiple attempts to get them.

In the old days, you could do most of the MP trophies either offline with another controller or in private matches with a friend but then the devs decided to be dicks and disable trophy tracking in unranked/private matches, thus making the entire experience a painful and tedious one for trophy hunters. Without the trophies, the mini-games are quite frankly pointless and pretty boring but with trophies, they are annoying as hell and make the 100% needlessly frustrating.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 24.12.2019 at 1:42 AM, HuntingFever said:

The Mini-games are exclusive to the Legacy Edition of the game, because the Bedrock Edition doesn't natively support those modes which is why the devs left the old version in the game as an alternate option. It sounds to me like your install has been corrupted in some way and that's why you're not able to switch versions, thus your best bet is to erases all traces of the game from your hard drive and reinstall it. If a reinstall doesn't work, then try obtaining a retail copy of the Bedrock Edition since that should have everything you need on the disc.

I got the physical copy today and still don't have the button in the main menu:

essHCXP.jpg

I had deleted the digital version and my save data before I inserted the disc and installed the latest update. After that I tried playing without updating and converting the created world after installing the update. That didn't work either. I even bought one of the battle map DLCs from the playstation store.

I tried searching for a solution online but only found a few unresolved bug reports on bugs.mojang.com.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For the people who bought the physical copy, did you get the ps4 edition with the old cover or the bedrock edition with the updated cover? 

I'm looking to get this game but i'm confused about the whole editions and bedrock thing as well as not having played the game before the bedrock update and there not being an editions tab.

If i bought the physical copy of the ps4 edition with the old artwork, would that let me switch between bedrock and editions and be able to play the minigames for those trophies? Also are private matches not going to work at all or is there still a way to do them split screen, say if i got the copy with the old cover and don't update or something?

20 minutes ago, mx_bluee said:

For the people who bought the physical copy, did you get the ps4 edition with the old cover or the bedrock edition with the updated cover? 

I'm looking to get this game but i'm confused about the whole editions and bedrock thing as well as not having played the game before the bedrock update and there not being an editions tab.

If i bought the physical copy of the ps4 edition with the old artwork, would that let me switch between bedrock and editions and be able to play the minigames for those trophies? Also are private matches not going to work at all or is there still a way to do them split screen, say if i got the copy with the old cover and don't update or something?

You need to get the original retail version, then install the 2.01 patch because it doesn't include any patches or DLCs on the disc - thus none of the DLC trophies are obtainable without updating the gane. A couple of years back, the devs disabled the ability to earn any of the MP trophies in private games - thus all of them have to be done legit in public matches.

Both the Digital and Retail versions of the Bedrock Editions have this bug, which is why you need the original release in order to have the Editions option available.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I’m unable to access the multiplayer and a kind person was willing to send me an invite to see if I could play that way. The game threw up an error saying they were using a previous version and would not let me join. So it appears once u get locked out there’s no way to fix it barring a new patch coming that fixes this.

• 1 month later...
On 16.01.2020 at 1:23 AM, HuntingFever said:

You need to get the original retail version, then install the 2.01 patch because it doesn't include any patches or DLCs on the disc - thus none of the DLC trophies are obtainable without updating the gane. A couple of years back, the devs disabled the ability to earn any of the MP trophies in private games - thus all of them have to be done legit in public matches.

Both the Digital and Retail versions of the Bedrock Editions have this bug, which is why you need the original release in order to have the Editions option available.

Do you know (or anyone else) what the current status of the digital edition of Minecraft is? Does it lock out players of certain trophies? I find this whole thread quite confusing as different versions of Minecraft are mentioned but the store only lists one, and it's just called Minecraft with nothing else attached to it. I would likely not go for 100% completion anyway but still it sucks to buy a game knowing that some parts of it will remain inaccessible.

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Do you know (or anyone else) what the current status of the digital edition of Minecraft is? Does it lock out players of certain trophies? I find this whole thread quite confusing as different versions of Minecraft are mentioned but the store only lists one, and it's just called Minecraft with nothing else attached to it. I would likely not go for 100% completion anyway but still it sucks to buy a game knowing that some parts of it will remain inaccessible.

The Bedrock Edition is still broken if you have the digital or retail version of it but if you buy a retail copy of the original version of the game and update that to the Bedrock Edition by installing the latest patch, then the 100% is fully obtainable.

Broken: LINK

Not Broken: LINK

The version in the PS store is the borked version that should be avoided.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

@aZombieDictator  Copying you in as we were going on about this yesterday.

There is no short supply of Minecraft original editions out there.  (I say this after a quick check on eBay and other places.)  The Bedrock edition, or Starter Collection (one in the same?), is also plentiful.  

So buying the original allows for the opportunity to 100%.  Man, the digital gaming world makes me nervous.