Is it possible to get the mini game trophies without the Editions version?

DarkGermanGamer

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

It actually doesn't, I just bought the original physical copy and it doesn't work.

Was it a sealed copy? If not, then there's a chance that someone could have swapped the discs so you ended up with a Bedrock copy instead of the Vanilla release. The OG version should have the same artwork on both the disc and box.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

@aZombieDictator I was able to get all of the Editions multiplayer trophies with my disc version this morning. I still had the game installed from a few years ago when I'd last played it, so I wonder if having an Editions world might have something to do with it. No idea if this will work, but my suggestion would be to delete the game data and start a new world on whatever version is on the disc, then update to the current version and see if that makes the Editions option appear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

@aZombieDictator I was able to get all of the Editions multiplayer trophies with my disc version this morning. I still had the game installed from a few years ago when I'd last played it, so I wonder if having an Editions world might have something to do with it. No idea if this will work, but my suggestion would be to delete the game data and start a new world on whatever version is on the disc, then update to the current version and see if that makes the Editions option appear.

Nothing has worked. 

My only guess is anyone who buys Minecraft after bedrock cannot access legacy content. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

OK, so I have two disks now , they are the PS retail edition and the Bedrock retail edition and did some experimenting:

- The PS4 retail edition doesn't have the mini games option (not that I can see) but the bedrock retail edition does. This is without any updates.

- I was able to play the mini games with a second controller/guest account and fulfill all expansion 2 and 5 requirements but no trophy popped. Found out later you can no longer get them offline on PS4 despite what the trophy guide on this website says.

- When I tried to select 'public' it would not let me presumably because I had not downloaded the updates...

- But if I download the update the mini game option will be gone...

What a bloody mess.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FantasticZro said:

For those who are just starting out with Minecraft and want to reach 100%. Avoid the Bedrock Edition.

I can confirm that with the Bedrock version the Editions button is missing. But with the PS4 Edition the button is there.

Version:
Link

Edition-Button

Link

Nope, I have the PS4 edition and no 'editions' button. 

• 1 month later...

All this situation in strange, everyone with a new physical / digital copy will be locked out of the Legacy edition? Because I purchased a Japanese Minecraft Demo 2-3 days ago and the complete Legacy content is present (I can create world and all, just looking to buy PS Plus to see if MP Trophies work).

For those who bought the OG retail version after deleting the New retail savefiles, maybe it has to do with acc setting, maybe try to reintalling and accessing it by another account to see if it works? Just an idea.

Edited by SaAlLoAg

On 11/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Nope, I have the PS4 edition and no 'editions' button. 

Just curiosity what is the code of your disk? Mine is european, CUSA-00265 (clearly written just below the lower right corner of the yellow german USK rating logo). I have the "Steve" editions box, which will install version 1.0. Whatever version it gets updated to (2.20 currently) I always get the Editions button.

I also started the game on Dec 2019, so it was after the Bedrock update had been launched.

I bought the OG version on disc years ago. Had MP working until about a year ago when it mysteriously disappeared. No matter what I do (reinstalls, different accounts offline, etc.) I cannot get it to appear in Bedrock or Editions. It is utterly broken for me. This all happened randomly a year ago.

Edited by iAccidental

On 1/7/2021 at 2:16 AM, cris3f said:

Just curiosity what is the code of your disk? Mine is european, CUSA-00265 (clearly written just below the lower right corner of the yellow german USK rating logo). I have the "Steve" editions box, which will install version 1.0. Whatever version it gets updated to (2.20 currently) I always get the Editions button.

I also started the game on Dec 2019, so it was after the Bedrock update had been launched.

European:

OG PS4 edition disc (with Steve in diamond armour) : CUSA-00265

Bedrock edition disc : CUSA-17908

Neither has editions whether I update or not. The bedrock edition disc does have the mini games but, like I said, without updating it I cannot play the mini game with others, and the moment i do the mini games disappear.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:39 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

European:

OG PS4 edition disc (with Steve in diamond armour) : CUSA-00265

Bedrock edition disc : CUSA-17908

Neither has editions whether I update or not. The bedrock edition disc does have the mini games but, like I said, without updating it I cannot play the mini game with others, and the moment i do the mini games disappear.

Crap, weird as hell. Last version of Legacy Minecraft was 1.19 on September 2019, up to this one it wasn't possible to have the Editions button, as they were all the Editions version anyway, so the install from any "Steve" disk can't have the Editions button. First Bedrock Edition for PS4 was 1.14 (stupid version numbering, it's a mess) in December 2019.

Minecraft PS4 weirdly stores information and game running data inside the game bundle. I thought this was a big no-no, and all this should be handled in the game data and never in the application itself (this is why erasing the application and installing it again sometimes solves the eternal bedrock startup freeze).

If you've deleted the game and all its data and installed it again (try on another alt account too) and still no Editions button, I can't really think of any reason or suggest any other way as we have exactly the same version, and being on the same region we're getting the same updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how you are all having issues with the OG version, i've had the digital version for 3 years and when the bedrock update came out I had no issues, more recently I downloaded minecraft on my PS5 and the Editions option is there, wondering if you had to actually play back then for the button to appear.

4 hours ago, Thisisnotharry said:

I don't know how you are all having issues with the OG version, i've had the digital version for 3 years and when the bedrock update came out I had no issues, more recently I downloaded minecraft on my PS5 and the Editions option is there, wondering if you had to actually play back then for the button to appear.

I dont think so, i just bought minecraft last month (never played the PS4 Edition before that) And I still have the editions buttom. Seems to have something to do with different versions of the game then.

On 01/02/2021 at 1:42 PM, SaAlLoAg said:

I dont think so, i just bought minecraft last month (never played the PS4 Edition before that) And I still have the editions buttom. Seems to have something to do with different versions of the game then.

Could be something to do with regions, although the trophy list is the same for every region, it could be something wrong with the store or just an issue to be fixed in a future update.

2 hours ago, Thisisnotharry said:

Could be something to do with regions, although the trophy list is the same for every region, it could be something wrong with the store or just an issue to be fixed in a future update.

Minecraft was downloaded from the Japanese store, so it could be (A thing to mention is that the version of Minecraft I downloaded was in the store since 2014 and still had the old image/logo in the front-game, and the newer versions of the software can be seen they came out in late 2019 and present the new cover).

ACCORDING TO MOJANG THEMSELVES ON BUGS.MOJANG.COM:

You will ONLY have the "Editions" button if you HAVE PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE THE BEDROCK UPDATE therefore meaning you CANNOT 100% THIS GAME IF PURCHASED RECENTLY.

Every other trophy apart from the mini-game expansion packs are still obtainable, meaning the PLATINUM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE OBTAINABLE, as all the base game trophies are offline or online with friends.

If you did own the game before the bedrock update and don't see the editions button, I would recommend reaching out to Mojang by creating a bug report or sending a message to them via email.

I hope I helped some of you.

Edit: Here's the link on bugs.mojang.com

Edited by Thisisnotharry
added reference link
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thisisnotharry said:

ACCORDING TO MOJANG THEMSELVES ON BUGS.MOJANG.COM:

You will ONLY have the "Editions" button if you HAVE PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE THE BEDROCK UPDATE therefore meaning you CANNOT 100% THIS GAME IF PURCHASED RECENTLY.

Every other trophy apart from the mini-game expansion packs are still obtainable, meaning the PLATINUM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE OBTAINABLE, as all the base game trophies are offline or online with friends.

If you did own the game before the bedrock update and don't see the editions button, I would recommend reaching out to Mojang by creating a bug report or sending a message to them via email.

I hope I helped some of you.

Do you have a link to that post?