Is it possible to get the mini game trophies without the Editions version?

DarkGermanGamer

So I just installed the game for the first time to check this issue out (disc & original version) and my menu has the 'editions' button which worked as I played several matches in it and earned trophies. 

I shouldn't have access to editions if I have never played/installed the game before Bedrock was out, right?

11 hours ago, black__bunny said:

So I just installed the game for the first time to check this issue out (disc & original version) and my menu has the 'editions' button which worked as I played several matches in it and earned trophies. 

I shouldn't have access to editions if I have never played/installed the game before Bedrock was out, right?

That's the bug in a nutshell, some people get hit by it but others don't and it's utterly bizarre as to why - eventhough the devs have since said they added a cut-off point as to when it wasn't supposed to be available any more.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's the bug in a nutshell, some people get hit by it but others don't and it's utterly bizarre as to why - eventhough the devs have since said they added a cut-off point as to when it wasn't supposed to be available any more.

Damn that's a messed up bug. Do you know if I play the updated version of the game, would the bug possibly remove my editions option or would I be safe?

I've read the whole thread, I managed to run "Editions" mode ? Thanks for all advices!

This is how I did it (on PS5, but I don't think it's relevant to the case, but who knows...):

1. Disconnected console from internet

2. Installed Minecraft from disc.

3. Switched do alternate account

4. Run the game and created tutorial world. Played a while

5. Created new world - survival mode, easy setting. Didn't play, just exited after a few seconds

6. Closed the game, switched to my main account.

7. Run the game and created tutorial world. Did only first few steps in tutorial (connected with moving), exited after a few seconds.

8. Created new world - survival mode, easy setting. Didn't play, just exited after a few seconds

9. Closed the game.

10. Connected to the Internet and installed the latest patch.

11. Rerun the game, didn't connect to Microsoft account and didn't convert my two worlds (tutorial and the other one) to Bedrock edition.

After this steps I could see Editions button in my main menu. I think steps 3-6 are totally unnecessary, but I wanted to describe the process as precise as i could. Maybe it will help someone.

I have never played Minecraft until today on any device. My version of disc is CUSA-00265.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just 100% completed Minecraft.

I bought the physical copy of the Playstation 4 Edition (the one with Steve wearing diamond gear) but I also bought the digital Bedrock Edition beforehand because I didn't know about the "Editions" button. Depending on how many accounts you have, you must delete the saved data from all of them. (I deleted my online storage saved data as well but I'm not sure if you have to) then I deactivated my PS4 on the accounts I used for this. (Your PS4 must be deactivated during your trophy hunting sessions) if you have any digital version you must use an alternate account that you didn't buy it with. (Your Main account will be your splitscreen partner for the trophies) delete and re-install Minecraft offline, play around at the main menu for a minute or 2, close app, turn on your internet and download the update, start game but don't sign in to Microsoft and BOOM!! The "Editions" button should be there. I hope this helps someone.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 2021/2/17 at 6:15 AM, dwamaliki said:

I've read the whole thread, I managed to run "Editions" mode 1f600.png Thanks for all advices!

This is how I did it (on PS5, but I don't think it's relevant to the case, but who knows...):

* snip *

On 2021/3/15 at 4:49 AM, Big_KaPuna said:

I bought the physical copy of the Playstation 4 Edition (the one with Steve wearing diamond gear) but I also bought the digital Bedrock Edition beforehand because I didn't know about the "Editions" button. Depending on how many accounts you have, you must delete the saved data from all of them. (I deleted my online storage saved data as well but I'm not sure if you have to) then I deactivated my PS4 on the accounts I used for this. (Your PS4 must be deactivated during your trophy hunting sessions) if you have any digital version you must use an alternate account that you didn't buy it with. (Your Main account will be your splitscreen partner for the trophies) delete and re-install Minecraft offline, play around at the main menu for a minute or 2, close app, turn on your internet and download the update, start game but don't sign in to Microsoft and BOOM!! The "Editions" button should be there. I hope this helps someone.

I confirmed that the shared knowledge works. Thank you. ?
I've bought Download Ver with my main-account.
So the process of creating the "Edition" menu was carried out after excluding the main-account from the PS4 for a time.
I started Steve's disc Ver with alt-account and main-account participated in the mini-game as a guest with second controller.
At this time, I've disabled the main-account's authentication of PS4, and I've disconnected PSN-account from Microsoft-account.
However, I quit the minecraft game with my sub-account and started it again, the "Edition" menu disappeared.
I don't know the detailed cause, but I would recommend getting all the trophies in one session while the menu is still visible.

Also, DLC2 and DLC5 trophies were only earned in public matches, regardless of the description.

I tried everything to unlock the edition button without success, I think it's something related to their servers.

I unlocked the trophies thanks to a real life friend who has the button. Basically I went to his house, downloaded my profile and we played together on his console in order to get the trophies. It worked, if someone has the button it can play the edition version with someone who hasnt. Not the best solution but if you can't manage to unlock the Button it could be a way to go.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 0:10 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Not sure how Sony could let them do this to be honest. i thought there had to be rules about how devs handle trophies.

If anyone figures out the solution to this problem please quote me.

• 3 months later...

I have a slight interest in playing Minecraft, and I have read most of the forum threads on this issue but never found anyone like my situation.

As someone who has never played Minecraft before & doesn’t have it on my profile, can I still 100% complete the game IF I purchase the old 2014 PlayStation 4 edition? I want to be completely certain of this before buying the game because I do intend on 100% completing it. If yes, which solution/fix should I use when I receive & start playing the game?

Edited by PXNKCAT

10 hours ago, PXNKCAT said:

I have a slight interest in playing Minecraft, and I have read most of the forum threads on this issue but never found anyone like my situation.

As someone who has never played Minecraft before & doesn’t have it on my profile, can I still 100% complete the game IF I purchase the old 2014 PlayStation 4 edition? I want to be completely certain of this before buying the game because I do intend on 100% completing it. If yes, which solution/fix should I use when I receive & start playing the game?

In theory, yes you will be able to 100% it out of the box - because you've never played it before so don't meet the requirements for being locked out of the Legacy Edition but if the Editions Button doesn't appear, you will have to systematically try all the known workarounds until one either works or you give up and throw in the towel :(.

EDIT: I might have this the wrong way round and it's the new players that are locked out, instead of the existing players.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

What's the alt account trick?

It's this but it's not very reliable:

On 16/02/2021 at 9:15 PM, dwamaliki said:

I've read the whole thread, I managed to run "Editions" mode 1f600.png Thanks for all advices!

1. Disconnected console from internet

2. Installed Minecraft from disc.

3. Switched do alternate account

4. Run the game and created tutorial world. Played a while

5. Created new world - survival mode, easy setting. Didn't play, just exited after a few seconds

6. Closed the game, switched to my main account.

7. Run the game and created tutorial world. Did only first few steps in tutorial (connected with moving), exited after a few seconds.

8. Created new world - survival mode, easy setting. Didn't play, just exited after a few seconds

9. Closed the game.

10. Connected to the Internet and installed the latest patch.

11. Rerun the game, didn't connect to Microsoft account and didn't convert my two worlds (tutorial and the other one) to Bedrock edition.

After this steps I could see Editions button in my main menu. I think steps 3-6 are totally unnecessary, but I wanted to describe the process as precise as i could. Maybe it will help someone.

I have never played Minecraft until today on any device. My version of disc is CUSA-00265.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's this but it's not very reliable:

Thanks but LOL aint nobody got time for that!!! Maybe I'll try this later in the year.

I don't even do 100% often but the Minecraft multiplayer is so simple to do and at no additional cost that to be locked out of it by something so silly annoys me to no end. Again, Sony needs to crack down on devs who take the P with trophies. Mafia III has a terrible bug that locks you out of trophies when you close the app and it's still not been fixed. The worst part is that it was a bug introduced in  a patch which means at one point it was functioning fine. Much like Minecraft!

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

In theory, yes you will be able to 100% it out of the box - because you've never played it before so don't meet the requirements for being locked out of the Legacy Edition but if the Editions Button doesn't appear, you will have to systematically try all the known workarounds until one either works or you give up and throw in the towel :(.

Thanks for the response. I’ll buy the game and l’ll try my luck. Hopefully, I get the editions button using one of the workarounds if it doesn’t show up first thing.

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

EDIT: I might have this the wrong way round and it's the new players that are locked out, instead of the existing players.

Is anyone able to give more knowledge on this or confirm that new players are locked out from getting the editions button?:(

There has to be someone who never played the game before & started it after the bedrock version was released and was able to 100% it using the PlayStation 4 edition of the game…

Edited by PXNKCAT

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, PXNKCAT said:

Is anyone able to give more knowledge on this or confirm that new players are locked out from getting the editions button?:(

There has to be someone who never played the game before & started it after the bedrock version was released and was able to 100% it using the PlayStation 4 edition of the game…

On 3/14/2021 at 0:49 PM, Big_KaPuna said:

I heard it locked out new players but I was still able to 100%

• 1 month later...

It worked for me yesterday.

First Delete minecraft and the save files (  not the world files)

Second deactivate your user as primary

3 create a new user

install disk

i started game without upgrade, created a world and saved the world

then install upgrades and enter game.

once in the game and you see the editions button turn on your 2nd controller and log into your account

then reactivate your account as primary 

then play the game in the new user.

also i could not get any of the trophies that say they can be done in private to pop in private.

was able to get all trophies in public games

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried not deleting the save data for all users on the system when doing this with a disc? I was hoping to just delete my own save data and still be able to do this if possible.

The whole reason I even have Minecraft on my list is because of my kids ; they have their own accounts so I don't want to delete any of their stuff to be able to access the DLC. I've played so far with a digital copy of it but given how easy reselling a physical copy would be... If the PS5 could save to USB I'd be able to save their saves while I get the trophies but since that's not an option yet...

2 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

Has there been any reliable trick to do this with the digital copy? I have a friend's account who's been playing the game since before December of 2019, but even that hasn't given me the ability to have the Editions button to show up.

Nope. You must have the retail version to stand any chance at getting this to work.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope. You must have the retail version to stand any chance at getting this to work.

It seemed to have worked in the past, according to this video and the comments. Like most of these methods, seems trial and error is the way to go. I've seen other threads mention having to repeat a certain process more than once upon shutting their game off to get that button back.