Is it possible to get the mini game trophies without the Editions version?

DarkGermanGamer

3 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

It seemed to have worked in the past, according to this video and the comments. Like most of these methods, seems trial and error is the way to go. I've seen other threads mention having to repeat a certain process more than once upon shutting their game off to get that button back.

In that case I haven't got a clue, because I was under the impression the retail version was the only way to get the mini-games back.

• 2 years later...

Old disc version was the way for me. Ordered one on eBay and did it a few days back. I didn’t need to have any alt accounts or deactivate/reactive primary as mentioned in other replies, so this is what I did:

1. If you’ve already played the newer version, completely delete the installation and any local save data.
  2. Turn off the internet on your PlayStation.
  3. Install the old disc version.
  4. Launch the game, start a world, play a bit if you want, save and quit. Close the game.
  5. Turn the internet back on and allow the game to update to the latest version.
  6. Launch the game again, it should recognise you played an older version, welcome you to the new version, ask if you want to migrate your old world, etc.
  7. Editions button should now be in your menu, allowing you to get into the minigame modes.
Edited by igs63

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 1:27 PM, igs63 said:

Old disc version was the way for me. Ordered one on eBay and did it a few days back. I didn’t need to have any alt accounts or deactivate/reactive primary as mentioned in other replies, so this is what I did:

1. If you’ve already played the newer version, completely delete the installation and any local save data.
  4. Launch the game, start a world, play a bit if you want, save and quit. Close the game.
  5. Turn the internet back on and allow the game to update to the latest version.
  6. Launch the game again, it should recognise you played an older version, welcome you to the new version, ask if you want to migrate your old world, etc.
  7. Editions button should now be in your menu, allowing you to get into the minigame modes.

When you say delete parts, which parts exactly? Do these affect my worlds?

Edited by LASERWAVE99

12 hours ago, LASERWAVE99 said:

When you say delete parts, which parts exactly? Do these affect my worlds?

Delete everything that is stored locally. So the installation and also save data - so yes your worlds will be affected. BUT, you can back them up on a USB or in the cloud with PS Plus. The idea is to start with a clean slate so that it looks like you haven't played the newer version of minecraft before. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tw1gVerseYT said:

I'm trying to do all these steps am I doing something wrong I'm not getting editions 

The exploits for enabling access to these DLCs have always been a bit finicky so all you can do is either keep trying or cut your losses and forget all about the MP trophies :(.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:27 AM, igs63 said:

Didn't work brah

Edited by DaivRules