I've never seen an online community like this one.

16 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Battlefield, just like Call of Duty is very popular among people who don't give a shit about singleplayer in games. When I was playing Call of Duty daily, I knew a guy who never finished any campaign in the entire series, but I've played with him in a team for over 3k hours.

Some people literally only play mmos and nothing else. Nowadays there are people who only play battle royales.

I do think some of these Bad Company players are a bit off in the head though.

• Like 3

Most people don't care for trophies and a lot of people don't care for the single player aspect of a game that's more focused on its multiplayer. Battlefield in particular has terrible single player campaigns, so I can't imagine most people would want to bother with it for their enjoyment.

I also don't see what's wrong with wanting to play only one game online all the time. And I'm pretty sure these people probably use their internet for more than just playing this one game online. Most online lobbies are full of kids and strange people, at least those that are on a mic. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Most people don't care for trophies and a lot of people don't care for the single player aspect of a game that's more focused on its multiplayer. Battlefield in particular has terrible single player campaigns, so I can't imagine most people would want to bother with it for their enjoyment.

I also don't see what's wrong with wanting to play only one game online all the time. And I'm pretty sure these people probably use their internet for more than just playing this one game online. Most online lobbies are full of kids and strange people, at least those that are on a mic. 

Battlefield has some of the best single player campaigns for fps games there is. 

According to your profile you have only done battlefield 4, which I believe is one of the best. You didn't even do the campaign in battlefield 1. 

The only campaign that battlefield fell short in was probably hardline, but I still thought it wasn't too bad. Everything else I've done so far in that series is fantastic. 

• Like 2

The battlefield community is so big because of what the franchises brings to the table, there just isn't any other games like the battlefield games.The big thing of the game people do is Military simulations, people will spend hours doing this. There are even entire  servers dedicated to this as well as recruiting severs. The games have tanks,planes,helicopters and boats each with their own skill to master. The games also have numerous guns and gadgets that are also well known in the real world. I'm a big fan of the franchises and  happily play the games well after the plat. Sometimes trophy hunters just plat games and move on without ever knowing how big and fun some games can be. You have to take a break  ounce in a while and not worry about the leader boards to just enjoy some of theses games.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Battlefield has some of the best single player campaigns for fps games there is. 

According to your profile you have only done battlefield 4, which I believe is one of the best. You didn't even do the campaign in battlefield 1. 

The only campaign that battlefield fell short in was probably hardline, but I still thought it wasn't too bad. Everything else I've done so far in that series is fantastic. 

I don't play exclusively on Playstation. I have completed the campaigns for Bad Company 1 and 2 as well as Battlefield 3. They're bland and forgettable and they don't even begin to compare to single player campaigns from other notable FPS games like Metro, Halo, Bioshock and CoD. 

Edited by ObliviousSenpai
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I hated BF3 and BF4's campaigns, but to each his own. I really like the Bad Company campaigns, and I kind of liked BF2 Modern Combat's.

10 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I don't play exclusively on PS4. I have completed the campaigns for  Bad Company 1 and 2 as well as Battlefield 3. They're bland and forgettable and they don't even begin to compare to single player campaigns from other notable FPS games like Metro, Halo, Bioshock and CoD. 

I found the Bad Company characters to be very likeable. The Modern Warfare trilogy was like an over-the-top action movie. It had better spectacle, but not as good characters imo.

5 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I hated BF3 and BF4's campaigns, but to each his own. I really like the Bad Company campaigns, and I kind of liked BF2 Modern Combat's.

I found the Bad Company characters to be very likeable. The Modern Warfare trilogy was like an over-the-top action movie. It had better spectacle, but not as good characters imo.

While I think Bad Company's campaigns are definitely a better attempt compared to the mainline games, I still find them extremely forgettable. I can't even remember a single moment or character from any of this franchise's single player campaigns. I believe if DICE decided to cut the single player campaign to the next Battlefield, there'd barely be an uproar compared to when Treyarch did it for Black Ops 4.

2 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for don't judge me meme"

some people just like to shoot shit...

If I were them, I'd at least pick up a copy of Bad Company 2. If you love one game, why not try the sequel which shares many of its maps?

9 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

While I think Bad Company's campaigns are definitely a better attempt compared to the mainline games, I still find them extremely forgettable. I can't even remember a single moment or character from any of this franchise's single player campaigns. I believe if DICE decided to cut the single player campaign to the next Battlefield, there'd barely be an uproar compared to when Treyarch did it for Black Ops 4.

Bad Company 1 is memorable because it's a ripoff of Kelly's Heroes. I agree BC2 had a forgettable story. The Modern Warfare trilogy has more memorable moments.

You have these kind of people in every game, while I was grinding through the TLOU MP part there were some crazy people being level 999... and when I had a look at their profile, I realized that some of them have not earned a trophy since 2016, so basically all they were playing the last years is the mp of the last of us, I cannot understand it either, but neither do I want to judge anyone based on these pieces of information.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

rest assured, these same people think we're the strange ones for pursuing seemingly worthless & extrinsic virtual accolades

but yeah, fuck those guys for making boosting hard tbh

Everyone needs a hobby. Trophy hunting has forced me to master and explore things in games I otherwise wouldn't.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Trophy hunting has forced me to master and explore things in games I otherwise wouldn't.

This... and rushing through games, skipping to the next part, if you got the trophy. Trophy hunting "forces" me to just play BF5 right now. And damn, it's hella fun. Don't forget to look left and right, even though, you're trophy hunting, guys.

• Like 1

Hey. Nothing wrong with that. That was me like 5 years ago before the whole trophy hunting. Played BFBC1 non stop for a year. Kept playing over and over until I was getting first place almost every match. Just wanted to be better than anyone. Then I stumbled onto trophies  and its never been the same. Now I feel ive played all kinds of games but feel like I’m average at best at all of them. Eh 

On 24/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Basically, these people only have this game and play it hours nearly every day

On 24/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, Phantochi said:

It almost like they enjoy playing the same game everyday 

On 24/12/2019 at 7:55 PM, REAPER4536 said:

There is an easy answer to your question. They play it because they enjoy playing it. I personally played 2500 hours of BF3 on my main alone and enjoyed every second of it. So I can understand people playing this old game just because they like to fight against those veterans which jump weird around the map and drop some headshots while flying.

On 24/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, Helyx said:

Lifers.

I did the same kinda shit with Ace Combat Infinity, i'm guessing 2-3k hours on that game. Loved every minute lol.

• Like 1

EVERY game has people like that, literally. I don't play many games online, but every time I do, especially in an older game, it looks like this: a bunch of more-or-less-noobs/people-in-it-for-the-trophies and a few guys (or gals, who knows) who have clearly played this game A LOT, I mean hundreds if not thousands of hours. Some have 100% in the game, some mostly multiplayer trophies. A fresh example: had my PS3 hooked up today, so I went to get some of the multiplayer trophies in Medal of Honor. MP in this game is mediocre at best (and incredibly crappy in a certain mode, which is the most popular...), yet there were some people who clearly devoted an incredible amount of time to it. Some people just play it because it's fun for them for some reason. Then I look at myself, I play Tekken 7 online a lot and if trophies wouldn't exist, I wouldn't even touch story mode. And while T7 has a lot more depth than 99% of games and definitely more than some mediocre military shooter, I kinda understand why some people just play a game they like. It's simply fun for them. Just like T7 is fun for me, the one game that I've played for hundreds of hours after getting all the trophies. 

It's all relative, here we all think that people care about trophies, on PC forums people tend to think that everyone gets high on the fastest and most expensive hardware and audiophiles think that real sound starts with a $100k setup... the reality is that most people just buy a device and play games they like. Sometimes it's 15 games a week, 15 minutes per one, sometimes it's 5 games in 7 years without even touching single player campaigns.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

EVERY game has people like that, literally.

It's all relative, here we all think that people care about trophies, on PC forums people tend to think that everyone gets high on the fastest and most expensive hardware and audiophiles think that real sound starts with a $100k setup... the reality is that most people just buy a device and play games they like. Sometimes it's 15 games a week, 15 minutes per one, sometimes it's 5 games in 7 years without even touching single player campaigns.

very well said. I used to play PC and main line one game for a few years at a time back in the PS1 days. PlayStation games were just casual games:..totally different perspective now. Trophies had a lot to do with it