The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

Hmmmm, playing Sly 2 now and trying to determine if it may be considered for one of my remaining categories. Murray, the big pink hippo, would he be considered fat or muscular? He uses his belly in some attacks but he is also the brawn of the Cooper gang. Also, would Sly being a thief be considered a job?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

6 down, 4 to go...any thoughts on Layers of Fear for the Finish your Masterpiece resolution?  I know you play an artist but not sure about if the gameplay is affected or not yet...

There is definitely enough focus on the painter/painting for it to count in my opinion

• Like 2

The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I assure you that I'll have all of the categories completed by the end of the event.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what categories work best for each of the games I'm working on or planning to work on. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an interesting one because it works for Family, Relationship, Volunteer, and Money easily. It could also work for Find Time for Yourself (farkle) and maybe School, depending on how much you want to stretch the definition (Henry doesn't attend an actual school, but he does have to learn basic things, like how to read and write). There's also a trophy called Fatso, for eating too much food...even though nobody in the game is particularly overweight (except maybe Sir Hanush). It's probably best to figure out the other categories first.

Regarding Finish Your Masterpiece... What do you think about a game that's done with hand-drawn animations, like Forgotton Anne or The Banner Saga? It doesn't fit the description, but I'm assuming something like Drawn to Death would work, even if the gameplay has nothing to do with art. (The game I'm actually considering is Indivisible, but I know next to nothing about it, other than it has some great animations.)

Speaking of drawing, I'll probably do a group picture for this one.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, Cassylvania said:

Regarding Finish Your Masterpiece... What do you think about a game that's done with hand-drawn animations, like Forgotton Anne or The Banner Saga? It doesn't fit the description, but I'm assuming something like Drawn to Death would work, even if the gameplay has nothing to do with art. (The game I'm actually considering is Indivisible, but I know next to nothing about it, other than it has some great animations.)

The gameplay has to have something related to art, whether it be a game where you're doing photography (Spider-Man, Trails of Cold Steel 3, etc), dancing-- real or simulated (Just Dance series, Persona Dancing series, etc), painting (Okami, The Unfinished swan), singing-- real or simulated (Singstar, Hatsune Miku), playing an instrument (Guitar Hero), building something (Terraria, Minecraft).... so just having distinct art in the game wouldn't count... the gameplay has to have an element of art itself. The biggest stretch for acceptance in this category is if the character in the game was some kind of artist and they show the character performing the art in game-- like how in Blue Reflection there are ballerinas but you don't actually make them dance, they just do so in cutscenes.

• Like 1

I have been so addicted to Monster Hunter World/Iceborne that I barely touched the games I submitted for the event. I am still aiming to finish all 10 games so I really need to put in some more hours. I started working on Spyro 2 plus I bought Life is Strange for the Do Better in School title. Already finished that once on PC I don't mind going for it again on PS4 as I found it really enjoyable. Also I am not sure if this already is clear but as I already onw Spiderman you can remove me for the Spider Man bonus. 

Lose The Weight - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
Focus on Family - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
Update Relationship Status - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered
Go to the Gym - Titanfall 2 
Find Time For Yourself - Bioshock 2
Get a Better Job - Spider-Man 
Finish Your Masterpiece - Infamous Second Son
Volunteer More - :platinum: Nioh
Do Better in School - Life is Strange
Make More Money - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

• Like 4

I'm doing some progress, but also getting side tracked.. 

Are we allowed to change the games that we entered? (Guilty Gear xrd SIGNS is going slower than planned, and even if I finish it this week, doing Atelier Meruru will look impossible.., similarly I'm getting side tracked trying to plat Driveclub VR, so Our World is Ended also looks grim, specially because its in the same game play time slot as P4DAN, P5DIS and FF8...) 

Actually I still don't know what's going on with Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, according to the guides there should be an item that would give 50% drop rate, and with a key, it would be 100% drop rate, but I can't find it anywhere (also, the latest patch of the EU version is 1.01, not 1.04/1.05), this surely is slowing down my grind quite a bit.. 

Anyway, I was wondering if I could replace the Losing Weight and Get a better Job games. 

My idea would probably be  Psycho-Pass (vita) for "Getting a Better Job", since they are cops, and Sly 2 for the "Lose Weight" because of the hippo.. 

On 03/02/2020 at 2:39 AM, Fnee2000 said:

Hmmmm, playing Sly 2 now and trying to determine if it may be considered for one of my remaining categories. Murray, the big pink hippo, would he be considered fat or muscular? He uses his belly in some attacks but he is also the brawn of the Cooper gang. Also, would Sly being a thief be considered a job?

I'm also wondering if this is ok. 

Also, I forgot to say, added me only for the $20, I managed to get a steelbook of Spider-Man a few weeks ago, so no need for another copy. 

3 hours ago, Jens said:

Regarding the Sly questions. @Fnee2000 I think calling that Hippo overweight wouldn't be a stretch at all. Don't they even show him eating all the time? It's been a long time ago for me :P He seems to be more of the "sumo-type". Strong and muscular most likely, but based on a ton of weight. So I would give it an OK for the "Lose the Weight" category.

With the job... probably, yeah. He's a professional thieve and he's stealing stuff to earn money (and honor and tradition blabla). Even with them just going for more personal reasons in the games (I think) I remember some comic flashbacks of them just stealing things for profit. So I don't see that one being a big stretch either.

They don’t really show him eating in Sly 2. He just uses his belly for an attack. For most of the game he is used for his muscles. Opening heavy doors, lifting heavy objects, throwing Bentley around, beating up bad guys with his fists. I think that is a good fit for the “Go to the Gym” category. Sure, his muscles don’t ripple across his body, like say Kratos, but he is a strongman. Rather, strong-hippo...

• Like 2

4th Update: Seven categories done:

Lose the Weight: Prey 

Focus on Family: Tales of Hearts R

2714.png Update Relationship Status: Resident Evil 2  :platinum: 

2714.png Go to the Gym: Batman: The Enemy Within  :platinum: 

2714.png Find Time for Yourself: Amnesia: Memories  :platinum: 

Get a Better JobVampyr 

2714.png Finish Your Masterpiece: Paint Park Plus 100% 

2714.png Volunteer More: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night :platinum:  

2714.png Do Better in School: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel :platinum:

2714.png Make More Money: Darksiders III :platinum:  

• Like 4

Third Update 

Lose the Weight -   Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA ( Sahad )  :platinum:

Focus on Family -  Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons  100 % 

Update Relationship Status - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  :platinum:

Go to the Gym - Dragon Ball Z Kakarot  :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself -  

Get a Better Job - Final Fantasy X-2 ( sphere hunters:platinum: 

Finish Your Masterpiece - Tools Up !

Volunteer More 

Do Better in School -  Final Fantasy VIII Remaster :platinum:

Make More Money Tokyo Xanadu Ex+

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jens said:

@Han_the_Dragon In your specific case you haven't declared those categories as being finished. So they're not "locked" for changes and you could swap them as you please.

Regarding the Sly questions. @Fnee2000 I think calling that Hippo overweight wouldn't be a stretch at all. Don't they even show him eating all the time? It's been a long time ago for me :P He seems to be more of the "sumo-type". Strong and muscular most likely, but based on a ton of weight. So I would give it an OK for the "Lose the Weight" category.

With the job... probably, yeah. He's a professional thieve and he's stealing stuff to earn money (and honor and tradition blabla). Even with them just going for more personal reasons in the games (I think) I remember some comic flashbacks of them just stealing things for profit. So I don't see that one being a big stretch either.

If no one says I'm talking nonsense those games should be fine for said purposes.

Ok, cool. 

I may further do some changes, depending on time (because I have a plat that I earned last week that can be used for a category, and I didn't used it yet.