The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

Second Update:

Finished my next 2 games to be at 3/10 finished 

Lose the weight: Dragon Ball Fighter Z

Focus on family: God of War

Update Relation Status: Detroit Become Human

Go to the Gym: Dragon Ball Z Kakarot :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself: Yakuza 3

Get a Better Job: Shenmue

Finish your Masterpiece: Inksplosion :platinum:

Volunteer More: Tera

Do Better in School: Date a live

Make More Money: Jump Force :platinum:

Should have my next 2 games finished by the end of the week.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hsn963 said:

5th Update: Nine categories done:

Lose the Weight: Prey 

2714.png Focus on Family: Tales of Hearts R  :platinum:

2714.png Update Relationship Status: Resident Evil 2  :platinum: 

2714.png Go to the Gym: Batman: The Enemy Within  :platinum: 

2714.png Find Time for Yourself: Amnesia: Memories  :platinum: 

2714.png Get a Better JobVampyr  :platinum:

2714.png Finish Your Masterpiece: Paint Park Plus 100% 

2714.png Volunteer More: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night  :platinum:  

2714.png Do Better in School: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel  :platinum:

2714.png Make More Money: Darksiders III  :platinum:  

One left to go.

Question to @eigen-space, read somewhere here that the Hippo in Sly games could be a viable option for the Weight lose category, is it?

Thanks to you, now I know what game to use for Finish Your Masterpiece. Thank you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Well, with Sly 2 unplayable for me, and me continuing to clear up my backlog, I got another game finished, and I guess that I can throw it into a category here.. 

So, adding Rainbow Skies to the Volunteer Work (after all, over half of the craziness in it is from the side quests and the NPC giving them...). This game was also bothering me a little because I didn't want to start a new vita game before finishing this one. 

Next up on Vita is Psycho-Pass time.. Although I'm in a no-plat mood until I finish FF8... 

By the way, I know that likely a few of you have experience with Danganrompa, so, I would like to know how long it would take to plat the first game on vita (note: slow reader, following a platinum playthough guide, if there's one). This idea came because of Sly, and Monokuma being kind of fat (I think there's another big guy in it too). 

My current standings (6/10):

Lose the Weight - Danganrompa? 

Focus on Family - Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Update Relationship Status - √Letter :platinum:

Go to the Gym - Under Night in-birth Late[st] :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself -  Final Fantasy VIII 

Get a Better Job - Psycho-Pass 

Finish Your Masterpiece - Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight :platinum:

Volunteer More - Rainbow Skies :platinum:

Do Better in School  My Hero One's Justice :platinum:

Make More Money - Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN- :platinum:

Danganronpa 1 is the fastest in my opinion, but it still takes some time. The guide says 50h but you might be able to get it faster.

The first game only has two modes, one being the story and the other being school mode. You have to play school mode a few times to get all endings and level up all the report cards but one playthrough can be done pretty quick, maybe 1-2 hours after the first one, which takes longer because of the report cards you have to fill. Unlocking the whole gallery can be grindy, not sure since I didn't have to do that on the PS4 version.

I would advise to play the story without a guide, as there are no missable trophies.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Danganronpa 1 is the fastest in my opinion, but it still takes some time. The guide says 50h but you might be able to get it faster.

The first game only has two modes, one being the story and the other being school mode. You have to play school mode a few times to get all endings and level up all the report cards but one playthrough can be done pretty quick, maybe 1-2 hours after the first one, which takes longer because of the report cards you have to fill. Unlocking the whole gallery can be grindy, not sure since I didn't have to do that on the PS4 version.

I would advise to play the story without a guide, as there are no missable trophies.

Thanks for the info. 

I guess that I will do it after Psycho-Pass, and hopefully I can do both before the end of the event.. 

Ok, if it doesn't add extra time to thr plat, maybe I will avoid the guide on my first playthough. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Thanks for the info. 

I guess that I will do it after Psycho-Pass, and hopefully I can do both before the end of the event.. 

Ok, if it doesn't add extra time to thr plat, maybe I will avoid the guide on my first playthough. 

The only thing you should look out for is which present to give to each character. Giving the right thing will always trigger an event.

There's also chapter select if you miss something during the story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The only thing you should look out for is which present to give to each character. Giving the right thing will always trigger an event.

There's also chapter select if you miss something during the story.

Ok, that essentially looks like I play Persona "blind" (no guide, but using a list for the best answers, or alternatively saving and testing to find the best answers by myself). 

Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:16 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

By the way, I know that likely a few of you have experience with Danganrompa, so, I would like to know how long it would take to plat the first game on vita (note: slow reader, following a platinum playthough guide, if there's one). This idea came because of Sly, and Monokuma being kind of fat (I think there's another big guy in it too). 

Danganronpa is a good fit for the category because of Hifumi in the first game.  2 and v3 are way longer plats and if you haven't played the first game yet, there are things in 2 and v3 that won't make much sense even if they are self-contained stories with their own casts for the most part.  They do all link together in the endings and the endings of 2 and v3 will definitely spoil the first game's ending.  Vita version is definitely better since the PS4 version is the first two games and it took me almost a month to finish it and I'd played the games before.  DR2 just has a lot of BS extra content that is a pain in the butt, but v3 is definitely the worst as far as overall plat length and the plat is nearly UR for good reason.  I did DR Reload 1-2 for this event and it did take me most of January to wrap up.

With the first game, you don't even need a guide for the plat.  There is one trophy for getting through a trial with no mistakes, and you can use chapter select right after the first trial and replay it with the answers fresh in your mind (or grab a guide to make sure you get it perfect).  It is faster to get the plat if you use a guide for what are the right presents and choices in events, but you can muddle through without and still get the plat, it just will take more time since you'll need more events to meet the goals.  You're probably looking at 20-30 hours to wrap up the main game, possibly more depending on how much exploring you do and how well you do on trials.  Then after that you have a minimum of 4 runs of school mode, but more than likely you'll need 5+ if you aren't using a guide for choices/presents or are still hoarding monocoins.  School mode has little story to it, the big thing is getting all the events so you can wrap up the report cards and then get all the endings.  There isn't anything missable in the first game, and outside of probably replaying the first trial for the trophy to get through a trial with no mistakes, you probably won't need chapter select.  I would recommend to max out Celeste's report card first because that gets you more monocoins from trials and that will make it easier to get the trophy for 999 monocoins, all presents, and all gallery items.  Outside of that one bit, enjoy the game and I definitely recommend to play blind and only consult a guide if you get stuck.  The game is overall pretty forgiving

• Like 2