The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

The man, the myth, the legend. Fat man Oskar rolls into the competition and puts us one step closer to a badge. Next up: a huge stretch to one of the remaining categories.

Lose the Weight - Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book :platinum:

Update Relationship Status - Dragon's Lair Trilogy ?

Finish Your Masterpiece - Dragon Quest Builders 2 :platinum:

Volunteer More - Kingdom Come: Deliverance :platinum:

1 hour ago, cstanci said:

Would The Sims 4 work for Finish Your Masterpiece?

There are so many art/skill related trophies.

Thoughts?

I think that works.

• Like 4

On 2/27/2020 at 4:13 AM, Jens said:

And with Yakuza... weirdly enough so far Yakuza 3 is the only Yakuza game I've played I can NOT see in "Get a Better Job". Eigen's reasoning for that category is "If the character gets a pay check for doing that, it's a job and therefore it fits the category". I don't believe that he gets payed for running his orphanage, it's surely "just" a honorary service he provides closer to charity than a day job. Even the whole Yakuza thing isn't really a job in this one too, it's more or less just happenstance.

Can you clarify why Yakuza 3 wouldn't work? I haven't actually played it, I don't know what's actually involved with the orphanage. So take this with a grain of salt, but your reasoning for rejecting it seems flawed. You said The Evil Within was fine because of the fact the character is responding to a scene as a detective is part of the story and being a detective is a job where you get a paycheck. Other than the paycheck, what's different in Yakuza 3 where managing the orphanage is central to pieces of the plot? Also, nowhere in the rules does Eigen mention a paycheck. Charity work is still work. Kiryu has "a job to they attend to during the game."

As an occasional hospital ER volunteer in real life, I have experience in this area. When I volunteer, I have commitments to the hospital. I have a role and responsibilities and the hospital management is relying on me to fill those. I wear a uniform. I have a schedule, I have an ID card, I represent the company. My presence, or lack thereof, affects forecasting, staff scheduling, etc. I'm not just a bonus or a perk when I show up. I don't get to show up and just fart around. I have specific things I need to be doing, policies I have to adhere to,  and procedures I need to be following,  If I don't, I can be fired, just the same as a real employee. The paycheck changes very little about the equation and I think of it the same as my actual job. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

When I think of peak human physical condition, I think of BATMAN. Fittingly, I chose to do the game a week before I begin my second round of P90X, making this probably the only actual New Year's resolution I'll have made for myself. Way to go above and beyond, me.

Image result for tony horton meme

Tony Horton is my favorite.

• Like 1

Update on Mine:

Focus on Family - Family is one of the most important things in life, so you need to spend time with them. Play a game where there are strong family elements or where multiple main/supporting characters are family.

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

Update Relationship Status - What's the point in being lonely when you could be in love instead? Play a game that showcases romantic relationships.

The Sims 4

Go to the Gym Time to pump some iron, and don't skip leg day! Play a game where a prominent character has a chiseled physique.

Darksiders Genesis

Find Time For Yourself - It's important to find time for your hobbies. Play a game that contains mini-games.

Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs

Make More Money - Gotta get that hustle on and pay those bills! Play a game where there is a trophy related to grinding/collecting currency or spending currency.

Omega Strike

• Like 4

Two more down. Finished up Detroit and Murdered.

Lose Weight: X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)

Focus on Family: Broken Age (Vita) 

Update Relationship Status: Detroit: Become Human (PS4) :platinum:

Go to the Gym: Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) :platinum:

Find Time for Yourself: Queens Quest 3 (PS4) :platinum:

Get a Better Job: Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) :platinum:

Finish Your Masterpiece: Tearaway: Unfolded (PS4) 

Volunteer More: Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3) :platinum:

Do Better in School: Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) :platinum:

Make More Money: Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

• Like 4