The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

@Jens Thanks for the explanation. I have a couple of small quibbles still, but those are probably just a matter of semantics. I'm mostly in agreement with you now, so I'll drop it and not waste your time with pointless counter-argument; especially since we aren't even discussing my personal game choices. ?

44 minutes ago, Jens said:

I had no idea whatsoever, Eigen played Detroit a few weeks ago and she said it's fine for that category. She probably just forgot about responding. So yes, you can use it for that category :P

I just wasn't sure because of the paycheck thing. One character is basically the partner of a police man but since he is an android he wouldn't get payed for doing it.

Now I can try to finish Okami this month.

36 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Also, I'm not sure about it, but I'd like to ask if I can put MLB the Show 18 into Go to the Gym. It definitely fits none of the other categories, and it's kind of a gray area here as it's depicting actual people and are not actual characters in a game. Just not sure if I should use it or just put it aside and complete another game for that category instead.

Even though baseball players are probably the least muscular athletes, I'd still count it.

Update #7: Week of 3/2/2020

Finished up Steins;gate which is my 5th game of this event. This will be put under Update Relationship Status. Even though I got the minimum done I'll keep going until the conclusion of this event. Next game I'm working on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

1L35ebdf.png

• Like 4

Monday Update:

Its been a few weeks since I updated. During that time I have been working on a number of games. I had a lot of fun playing Dark Souls Remastered. A big chunk of it was played co-op with @spacey_dweeb which was a big help as it would have taken me another few weeks and a couple more complete runs for the platinum otherwise. Fun game but yeah Blight town was as much of a bitch as I had heard.

Also been working on Bully (one of my favorite games from last gen) and getting sidetracked with The Division 1 & 2.

S1052f4.png  Lose the Weight - Dark Souls: Remastered  (12%) --> (100%)  ☑️
S9b7b7f.png  Focus on Family - Octodad: Dadliest Catch  ☑️

S1c408c.png  Update Relationship Status - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan  ☑️

S896c74.png  Go to the Gym - God of War  (71%)

Sfb4f67.png  Find Time For Yourself - Everybody's Golf  (0%)
S9b511a.png  Get a Better Job - Real Farm  ☑️

S61570e.png  Finish Your Masterpiece - Concrete Genie  ☑️

S127bcc.png  Volunteer More - Flipping Death  ☑️

Sa2c683.png  Do Better in School - Bully  (0%) --> (25%)

S4687a4.png  Make More Money - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands  ☑️

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 4

Update time!

FINALLY got the platinum on Tales of Berseria. My god - the grind. But, I do love the Tales series and Berseria was excellent. I won't spoil in but it wasn't any of the "friendship will save the day."

All I have left is Sims 4 and Uncharted. For my first event, I am having a blast.

• Like 3

I got my five for the badge, but I figure what's the harm in over achieving! ?

S18d87a.png Lose Weight: Trover Saves the Universe :platinum:

Sa6b628.png Focus on Family: Town of Light :platinum:

Update Relationship Status:

Go to the Gym:

Sf37f6a.png Time For Yourself: Night in the Woods :platinum: 

Sba2c61.png Better Job: Donut County :platinum:

Finish Your Masterpiece: 

S7af252.png Volunteer More: Steven Universe: Save the Light :platinum:

Do Better in School: 

S88259a.png Make More Money: Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3) :platinum:

• Like 4

UPDATE TIME!!! (And another switch.)

First off! I got the Platinum on Sims 4. Not my type of game AT ALL. I enjoyed the original Sim City back in the day but this...was not my cup of tea.

SWITCH: Switching out Uncharted for Citizens of Earth (saw someone else had this one as well for Losing the Weight category). Little nephew has never played the Uncharted series so I am going to let him play through those at his pace and just enjoy them.

Thanks and keep up the good work everyone!!

• Like 2

Another update. Crystar was my choice for Focus on Family from the beginning and it's a very easy choice for this category. Also, since eigen-space approved it, MLB the Show 18 will be placed in Go to the Gym.

Lose the Weight
Focus on Family - :platinum: Crystar
Update Relationship Status
Go to the Gym - :platinum: MLB the Show 18
Find Time For Yourself  
Get a Better Job - :platinum: AI: The Somnium Files
Finish Your Masterpiece - :platinum: The Sims 4
Volunteer More - :platinum: WorldEnd Syndrome
Do Better in School - :platinum: YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World
Make More Money

That's more than enough for the badge, but I'll still try to finish the full slate of ten games. I do have ideas for most of the ones still remaining.

• Like 3