The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

Lose the Weight - Dark Souls Remastered

Focus on Family - What Remains of Edith Finch

Update Relationship Status - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Go to the Gym - God of War (PS3)

Find Time For Yourself - Everybody's Golf

Get a Better Job - Spider-Man

Finish Your Masterpiece - Sound Shapes

Volunteer More - Cat Quest

Do Better in School - LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

Make More Money - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

So, of a grand total of 10 games I've managed to complete... three. Okay, not terribly impressive I'll admit. I let other more important things get on top of me, or should I say I wasn't going to let gaming get on top of those important things. Still, I enjoying taking part in the event and reading everyone's updates. Til next time.

• Like 4

Hi all, welcome to my sixth update. I am really bad at updating challenge status, sorry for that.

With girlfriend in home office since two weeks, some PCs I have to fix for friends, myself being on sick leave for some time and having lots of things to do and to play time moves forward fast.

All I am hoping for is that all of you are feeling well and that you and your loved ones stay healthy!

I need to adjust my list of games because of different reasons, mostly due to time issues on my end since I played Ys VIII on PS4 earlier this year as expected from my side for the "ABC of unstarted games" event which didn't fit in any open category of my games for this challenge. Ys VIII had me very much under its spell. 

Spoiler

Drops:

1. Focus on Family: I drop "Tales of Hearts R" and will play and finish "My Big Sister" instead. 
  2. Update Relationship Status: I drop "Until Dawn" and will finish "The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince".

Other change:

1. Do Better in School: I finished "DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles" but since it really didn't fit into the category when I played it I started and finished "LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7" on PS3.
    1. I thought in the Voltron game there would be at least a small reference to the galaxy garrison, but it wasn't. So I wanted to be fair and finished a game with a type of school setting.

Real updates:

1. Finish Your Masterpiece: Concrete Genie  1f4af.png :platinum: (05/03/2020)
    1. This game I liked actually. Playing around with the Genies made lots of fun and the VR part was not so bad but felt unneeded. Also was one of the games where getting the collectibles didn't feel like a horrible grind.
  2. Make More Money: LEGO Legends of Chima [Trophy: Eagle Vision - Pick up 20,000 studs as Eris.] :platinum: (27/03/2020)
    1. Definitely not one of those horrible collectible grind Lego games but path finding to quest NPCs would help the game to speed up in the end game. 
  3. Do Better in School: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 :platinum: (30/03/2020)
    1. I must admit that I liked this game more then the new LEGO games. Maybe this is due to fact that it is less grindy as the other newer games like "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2" which was just a horrible grind with too much collectible and side stuff. Also the game carries more humor if the minifigs are not voiced (Just my opinion).

Challenge status:

Spoiler
  1. 2611.png Lose the Weight - Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Hoagie] :platinum: (07/02/2020)
  2. ? Focus on Family - My Big Sister 
  3. ? Update Relationship Status - The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince
  4. 2611.png Go to the Gym - Final Fantasy VII [Barret Wallace]  :platinum: (13/02/2020)
  5. 2611.png Find Time For Yourself - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades (Standalone) [Chocomostro (Chocobo Arena)]  1f4af.png (19/01/2020)
  6. 2611.png Get a Better Job - Puzzle Agent (Nelson Tethers:) [Nelson is a detective who solves riddles during his assigned case.]  1f4af.png (11/01/2020)
  7. 2611.png Finish Your Masterpiece - Concrete Genie  1f4af.png :platinum: (05/03/2020)
  8. 2611.png Volunteer More - Final Fantasy XV 1f4af.png :platinum: (19/01/2020)
  9. 2611.png Do Better in School - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7  :platinum: (30/03/2020)
  10. 2611.png Make More Money - LEGO Legends of Chima [Trophy: Eagle Vision - Pick up 20,000 studs as Eris.]  :platinum: (27/03/2020)

Wish you all the best!

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 4

My plans went to shit due to me jumping from boost to boost, so here's what i've finished. Not the same games i've planned to do.

Lose the Weight -

Focus on Family -

Update Relationship Status - inFamous

Go to the Gym -

Find Time for Yourself - Far Cry 3 (poker)

Get a Better Job - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (treasure hunter)

Finish Your Masterpiece - Journey

Volunteer More - inFamous 2

Do Better in School -

Make More Money -

I hope that Uncharted bit fits in, if not i'm afraid i won't have the badge :(

• Like 4

Well managed to squeeze it in just in time before the end of the event!

Had to change a few from my original ideas due to time contraints, but here's the final list:

Lose the Weight - South Park: The Stick Of Truth  :platinum: 

Focus on Family - Severed :platinum: 

Update Relationship Status - Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice :platinum: 

Go to the Gym - Burly Men At Sea :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself - Nier Automata :platinum:

Get a Better Job - The Wolf Among Us :platinum:

Finish Your Masterpiece - Life is Strange: Before The Storm :platinum:

Volunteer More - Cat Quest :platinum:

Do Better in School - Book of Unwritten Tales 2 :platinum: 

Make More Money - South Park: The Fractured But Whole :platinum:

Thanks for running this event, it was a lot of fun!

(Oh also I think I forgot to mention previously that I will be opting out of the prizes, congrats to the lucky winners!)

• Like 4

I'm going to throw out a few possibilities for my final category - Finish your Masterpiece.

I didn't really have a great fit for this category, but I did finish a few games that I think might work.

:platinum: Dying Reborn - One of the puzzles requires you to play the piano to unlock a hidden compartment

:ps: Claybook - the whole game is made of modelling clay, and there is a section where you can build your own environments - I would think this similar to Tearaway but with clay not paper

:platinum: Jigsaw Zen - I'm not sure if completing a puzzle would count as a form of art, the images were all either photos or drawings

Lose the Weight - :ps: The Simpsons Arcade Game

Focus on Family -  :platinum: My Big Sister

Update Relationship Status - :platinum: One Night Stand

Go to the Gym -  :platinum: Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior

Find Time For Yourself -  :platinum: Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands

Get a Better Job -  :platinum: Control

Finish Your Masterpiece - 

Volunteer More -  :platinum: The Godfather II

Do Better in School -  :platinum: Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation

Make More Money -  :platinum: The Crew 2

I will leave it up to @eigen-space to decide - if they aren't suitable, I'm ok with them being rejected

• Like 1

Final Update: Kinda disappointed with myself as I tried and failed to complete Assassin's Creed Odyssey for the family category. So with time running short I'm limping across the finish line with N.E.R.O. as my 10th platinum for this event.

10 of 10 complete

Lose the Weight - Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove :platinum:

Focus on Family -  N.E.R.O. :platinum:

Update Relationship Status - The Sims 4 :platinum:

Go to the Gym - God of War :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself - Abyss: The wraiths of Eden :platinum:

Get a Better Job - L.A. Noire :platinum:

Finish Your Masterpiece - Life is Strange: Before The Storm :platinum:

Volunteer More - Fallout 4 :platinum:

Do Better in School - LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 :platinum:

Make More Money - LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 :platinum:

@eigen-space Thank You once again for another fun and creative community event. 

Edited by monkeydluffy512
  • Like 4

I was able to squeeze one more game in before the end. MLB The Show 19 which fits nicely into the Go to the Gym category. We all know baseball players are the buffest...just look at my boys El Guapo, Big Sexy Bartolo Colon, David Wells and John Kruk. If those guys aren't athletes...there's no such thing :) If those guys don't convince you...I guess you could look at guys like Gabe Kapler and Giancarlo Stanton...they are beefcakes for sure.

Lose the Weight - Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita) :platinum: - Putzky is kind of tubby and Mega-Brno is a behemoth.

Focus on Family - The Order: 1886 :platinum: - Isabeau and Alastair are step siblings and the adopted children of the Lord Chancellor.

Update Relationship Status - N/A

Go to the Gym - MLB The Show 19 :platinum: - Beefcake central.

Find Time For Yourself - N/A

Get a Better Job Indigo Prophecy :platinum: - A couple chapters you play as Lucas at his job at the bank and most of the time you are playing as Tyler and Carla, it is as their job as cops.

Finish Your Masterpiece - Heavy Rain :platinum: - In the Prologue there is a trophy related to having Ethan finish his architecture drawing.

Volunteer More - Path of Exile :platinum: - There are several side quests related to NPC's in the various chapter villages.

Do Better in School - N/A

Make More Money - Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (Vita) :platinum: - In part two you have to collect and spend $50,000 and there is also a trophy for unlocking 100 different weapons/gear that you need to collect money for.

Thank you Eigen and Jens for another awesome event!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

@diskdocx, Dying Reborn sounds sufficient

Thank you.

My final list then;

Lose the Weight - :ps: The Simpsons Arcade Game

Focus on Family -  :platinum: My Big Sister

Update Relationship Status - :platinum: One Night Stand

Go to the Gym -  :platinum: Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior

Find Time For Yourself -  :platinum: Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands

Get a Better Job -  :platinum: Control

Finish Your Masterpiece -  :platinum: Dying Reborn

Volunteer More -  :platinum: The Godfather II

Do Better in School -  :platinum: Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation

Make More Money -  :platinum: The Crew 2

• Like 3

Fourth Update:

10/10 Cut it really close but just finished my last 5 games over the last 3 days with the last one being at 11:13 pm EST today (local time). bolded are new

Lose the weight: Shenmue 2 :platinum:

Focus on family: Dragon Ball Fighter Z :platinum:

Update Relation Status: Detroit Become Human :platinum:

Go to the Gym: Dragon Ball Z Kakarot :platinum:

Find Time For Yourself: Yakuza 3 :platinum:

Get a Better Job: Shenmue :platinum:

Finish your Masterpiece: Inksplosion :platinum:

Volunteer More: Tera :platinum:

Do Better in School: Date a live :platinum:

Make More Money: Jump Force :platinum:

If these don’t work in current placements, I can move around 3 of the ones I just added

Shenmue 2-School

Focus on family – date a live

Lose the weight – Dragon ball z fighter z

Thanks @eigen-space and @Jens for hosting this event

• Like 2

Failed to get my 10th one in. Not going to swap it out.  I just did not get to Fe fast enough and it did not reel me in, so I wandered off quickly. 

Thanks again for the great event.

Lose the Weight (Overweight Character) - Deracine - Complete

Focus on Family (Family Elements) - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Complete

Update Relationship Status (Romantic Relationships) - Amnesia: Memories - Complete 

Go to the Gym (Jacked Character) - Borderlands 2 - Complete

Find Time for Yourself (Mini-Games) - Path of Sin: Greed - Complete

Get a Better Job (Day Job) - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - Complete

Finish Your Masterpiece (Artistic Elements) - Fe

Volunteer More (Side Quests) - Cat Quest II - Complete

Do Better in School (School Setting) - MechaNika - Complete

Make More Money (Money Grind) - Ratchet & Clank 2 - Complete

• Like 2

Only got the 5, thanks for the event @eigen-space

Lose the weight: 

Focus on family: The Walking Dead (PS4) :platinum:

Update Relation Status: Batman (PS3) :platinum:

Go to the Gym: 

Find Time For Yourself: 

Get a Better Job: Job Simulator 

Finish your Masterpiece: The Sims 4 :platinum:

Volunteer More: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (EU) 

Do Better in School: Claire (PS4) :platinum:

Make More Money: Lego Jurassic World (PS4) :platinum:

• Like 1

**Update to my early post**

Finished "The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince" and "My Big Sister" on event's last day = 10 out of 10 games done.

.. Will write something about both games later. :)

1. 2611.png Lose the Weight - Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Hoagie] :platinum: (07/02/2020)
  2. 2611.png Focus on Family - My Big Sister :platinum: (31/03/2020)
  3. 2611.png Update Relationship Status - The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince :platinum: (31/03/2020)
  4. 2611.png Go to the Gym - Final Fantasy VII [Barret Wallace]  :platinum: (13/02/2020)
  5. 2611.png Find Time For Yourself - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades (Standalone) [Chocomostro (Chocobo Arena)]  1f4af.png (19/01/2020)
  6. 2611.png Get a Better Job - Puzzle Agent (Nelson Tethers:) [Nelson is a detective who solves riddles during his assigned case.]  1f4af.png (11/01/2020)
  7. 2611.png Finish Your Masterpiece - Concrete Genie  1f4af.png :platinum: (05/03/2020)
  8. 2611.png Volunteer More - Final Fantasy XV 1f4af.png :platinum: (19/01/2020)
  9. 2611.png Do Better in School - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7  :platinum: (30/03/2020)
  10. 2611.png Make More Money - LEGO Legends of Chima [Trophy: Eagle Vision - Pick up 20,000 studs as Eris.]  :platinum: (27/03/2020)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 3

If it is not to late I have made some switches to my games to qualify for the badge. If to late no problems

Update Relationship Status - Maitetsu Pure Station  :platinum:

Trains and plenty of male fan service relationships

Go to the Gym - Kandagawa Jet Girls (JP)    :platinum:

Some super fit girls and jet ski racing

Find Time For Yourself - AI The Somnium Files :platinum:

Get a Better Job - Chop is Dish :platinum:

You play as a Chef

Make More Money  : Final Fantasy 12 :platinum:

• Like 1