The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

Finished off the first game from my list. It was an oldie sitting on my backlog as well. After over 7 years, I finished up Lego The Lord of the Rings to meet the Make More Money category. Collecting 10,000,000,000 studs wasn't too bad, since I picked up the stud multipliers as early as I could...

Lose the Weight - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4) - Hoagie

Focus on Family - Life is Strange 2 (PS4) - The tale of brothers Sean and Daniel

Update Relationship Status - Hakuoki : Stories of the Shinsengumi (PS3) - a VN with several relationship options

Go to the Gym - God of War (PS4) - Kratos

Find Time For Yourself - Path of Sin : Greed (PS4) - lots of mini games mixed with hidden object puzzles

Get a Better Job - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - Bigby is a detective

Finish Your Masterpiece - Tearaway (PSV) - paper art!

Volunteer More - The Outer Worlds (PS4) - side quests and companion quests

Do Better in School - Life is Strange (PS3) - Blackwell Academy

Make More Money - Lego The Lord of the Rings (PS3) - collect 10,000,000,000 studs :platinum:

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 4

I thought a lot about entering this Event because im Not Sure if i will finish 5 games. Since i dont Need to say the games now i want to sign up and see after every platinum if the game fit into One Category ;)

You can exclude me from the prices.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

school : nothing comes to mind...would getting letter scores for completing missions count like dmc 5 or hotline miami?...relates to getting grades up...would increase choice a bit...if so, dmc 4 + 5 me up for this year...

Oddly enough, games with "grades" in them was the initial idea for the category, but I thought it was more uncommon than games with a school setting or students in them. Unfortunately, it won't work.

Do you have PS+? The game Claire was offered two years ago, is pretty short, and one of the settings is a school.

7 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I need confirmation that a game would be appropriate for a category from people who've played it but without spoilers. I'm looking at doing Detroit: Become Human for the Get a Job category and was wondering it it fits? I know two of the main characters have a 'job' (Maid and Detective), but as they're robots/androids, I don't know if it fits as someone doing a job instead of being made for the job. I do know that the theme of humanity and free will are touched on in that game, but would it fit? Once again, no spoilers please.

I think this fits, but I haven't played the game yet so I'll let others comment on the appropriateness as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I need confirmation that a game would be appropriate for a category from people who've played it but without spoilers. I'm looking at doing Detroit: Become Human for the Get a Job category and was wondering it it fits? I know two of the main characters have a 'job' (Maid and Detective), but as they're robots/androids, I don't know if it fits as someone doing a job instead of being made for the job. I do know that the theme of humanity and free will are touched on in that game, but would it fit? Once again, no spoilers please.

They're more made for the job than doing a job, but I don't personally think that disqualifies it from the category. You could also count Connor's partner for Get A Job since he's a human, if that would make you feel a bit better about it :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Oddly enough, games with "grades" in them was the initial idea for the category, but I thought it was more uncommon than games with a school setting or students in them. Unfortunately, it won't work.

Do you have PS+? The game Claire was offered two years ago, is pretty short, and one of the settings is a school.

i do own claire, yes so if it could be swapped in then great...

apologies for being annoyingly rule defiant but could I add a category for fun?...i'd like to add a "overcome an addiction" category since many choose to quit smoking/drinking/drugs on new year's as well...the requirement is to play a game that includes any of the above...for that I will choose deus ex mankind divided...it not only has plenty of booze pickups but also neon (a futuristic drug) addicts...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Finished off two more games for my list over the weekend. First was Path of Sin : Greed to meet the Find Time For Yourself category with all of the mini games and hidden object puzzles to solve. I was actually working on the second game to finish first, but due to PSNow giving me connection issues, I finished Path of Sin first. The second game I wrapped up was Hakuoki : Stories of the Shinsengumi for the Update Relationship Status category with all its romance options. The story and characters seemed very similar to the Vita versions. Don’t know if one or the other was a port, but it just wasn’t all too interesting for me.

Lose the Weight - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4) - Hoagie

Focus on Family - Life is Strange 2 (PS4) - The tale of brothers Sean and Daniel

Update Relationship Status - Hakuoki : Stories of the Shinsengumi (PS3) - a VN with several relationship options :platinum:

Go to the Gym - God of War (PS4) - Kratos

Find Time For Yourself - Path of Sin : Greed (PS4) - lots of mini games mixed with hidden object puzzles :platinum:

Get a Better Job - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - Bigby is a detective

Finish Your Masterpiece - Tearaway (PSV) - paper art!

Volunteer More - The Outer Worlds (PS4) - side quests and companion quests

Do Better in School - Life is Strange (PS3) - Blackwell Academy

Make More Money - Lego The Lord of the Rings (PS3) - collect 10,000,000,000 studs :platinum:

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 4

First Update:

Coming in hot with a pair of licensed games.

Lose Weight: X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)

Focus on Family: Broken Age (Vita) 

Update Relationship Status: Detroit: Become Human (PS4) 

Go to the Gym: Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) :platinum:

Find Time for Yourself: Queens Quest 3 (PS4) 

Get a Better Job: Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) 

Finish Your Masterpiece: Tearaway: Unfolded (PS4) 

Volunteer More: Murdered Soul Suspect (PS3) 

Do Better in School: Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) 

Make More Money: Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

• Like 3

Monday morning Update:

Note I changed Volunteer More to Flipping Death and added Man of Medan to Update Relationship Status that was previously blank.

S1052f4.png  Lose the Weight - Dark Souls: Remastered - Have to get back to this game and since I see it on a few peoples lists
S4a5ca7.png  Focus on Family - LEGO The Incredibles - What could be better than a family of Super Heroes in the Lego universe

S1c408c.png  Update Relationship Status - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Borrowing idea from others as I have no idea on story

S896c74.png  Go to the Gym - God of War - This may give me the motivation to beat the last few Valkyries and the Trials of Muspelheim

Sfb4f67.png  Find Time For Yourself - Everybody's Golf - Plenty of fish to catch in the fishing mini-games
S4b9512.png  Get a Better Job - L.A. Noire - Was planning on playing through this game again on PS4 this year so this will work nicely

S5915a0.png  Finish Your Masterpiece - inFamous: Second Son - Delsin and his graffiti, I almost have to put this here

S127bcc.png  Volunteer More - Flipping Death - Pretty fun quirky game where you have to complete side quests to collect all "Ghost Cards"  ☑️

Sa2c683.png  Do Better in School - Bully - One of my favorite last gen titles that I would like to do again on PS4

S4687a4.png  Make More Money - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Plenty of grinding involved to be able to purchase upgrades for all skills  ☑️

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 4

I finished The Order: 1886 last night and I think it could fall into two categories and I wanted to see which one is more appropriate. I believe it could qualify for Get a Better Job since his day job (his life really) is working for The Order...however I could see where being a member of The Order isn't a 'job' so thought it could also qualify for Focus on Family since they refer to each other as 'Brothers'...plus three of the main characters are related. I personally feel like it works better for the job one, but I want to make sure I'm putting it in a category that is in the right spirit of the competition. Don't need another Rayman Legends lol :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Briste said:

I finished The Order: 1886 last night and I think it could fall into two categories and I wanted to see which one is more appropriate. I believe it could qualify for Get a Better Job since his day job (his life really) is working for The Order...however I could see where being a member of The Order isn't a 'job' so thought it could also qualify for Focus on Family since they refer to each other as 'Brothers'...plus three of the main characters are related. I personally feel like it works better for the job one, but I want to make sure I'm putting it in a category that is in the right spirit of the competition. Don't need another Rayman Legends lol :) 

I don't know enough about the game to make a judgement on it. I'd say it counts for work if you think the main character would collect a paycheck for doing the work.

As far as family goes, it counts if the characters are related by blood, adoption, or marriage.

If anyone else has input, feel free to comment.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I don't know enough about the game to make a judgement on it. I'd say it counts for work if you think the main character would collect a paycheck for doing the work.

As far as family goes, it counts if the characters are related by blood, adoption, or marriage.

If anyone else has input, feel free to comment.

If you would say being an assassin in the Assassin's Creed game is a job than being a member of the Order would also be a job, otherwise probably not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

If you would say being an assassin in the Assassin's Creed game is a job than being a member of the Order would also be a job, otherwise probably not.

Another series I'm not familiar with lol. If you're an assassin for hire, then it would work. If you're assassinating people for fun or based on your own agenda/revenge/etc then it wouldn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Another series I'm not familiar with lol. If you're an assassin for hire, then it would work. If you're assassinating people for fun or based on your own agenda/revenge/etc then it wouldn't.

I don't think Assassin's Creed fits into that category. The Assassins are a brotherhood of individuals who get rid of the Templar Order agents to ensure freedom for everyone. 

It's worthy to say that Assassin's Creed II has assassination (for hire) missions, but they are not mandatory for the story. However you need to complete one for one trophy. I think AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations also have assassinations for hire but I guess this time there are no trophies tied to these kind of missions. I don't think this counts for the category mentioned above as these assassination for hire missions are not key to the story nor mandatory.

On the other hand, Hitman games might count as you are a professional hitman who is given targets to get rid of because that's his job and not a creed/brotherhood like in Assassin's Creed. 

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jens said:

On another note.... don't they all have to be somewhat jacked just by pure biological reasoning? :P They hunt monsters every day, so they can't hide beer-bellies under their coats.

I thought of that too since Sir Lucan was pretty jacked but I didn't say that one since I was thinking more Kratos' look for that category. Isabeau and Alastair are step siblings and the adopted children of the Lord Chancellor. All three are central figures in the story so I'll probably go with Focus on Family unless anyone has an issue with that. The Order are knights of the round table... it's probably more a way of life than a job so I can live with it not fitting that category. Thanks for the feedback all!

Edited by Briste

@eigen-space Looks like another fun event. Please sign me up.

I've not got a final list planned, but some current possibilities for at least 5...

Lose the Weight -  ? Sir Eatsalot

Focus on Family - Control

Update Relationship Status - probably some Japanese VN ?

Go to the Gym - Guacamelee 2

Find Time For Yourself -  

Get a Better Job

Finish Your Masterpiece

Volunteer More -  The Godfather II

Do Better in School 

Make More Money - The Crew 2

• Like 1

Three categories done:

Lose the Weight: Prey 

Focus on Family: The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series 

Update Relationship Status: Resident Evil 2 

Go to the Gym:

Find Time for Yourself: Amnesia: Memories  :platinum: ✔️

Get a Better JobVampyr 

Finish Your Masterpiece: Paint Park Plus 100% ✔️

Volunteer More: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Do Better in School: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Make More Money: Darksiders III :platinum: ✔️ 

onward to the next

• Like 3

23 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Yeah it should @sona_11 looking at this statement from eigen-space :)

I just saw the ending date is in March so i'll drop out. I don't intend to unlock any trophy for a few weeks, i'll keep them for later...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

On 24.12.2019 at 10:30 PM, BCarsonElite said:

Go to the Gym: All Assassin's Creed Games Available on PS4

That's ambitious D: i wish you good luck. I thought about it too but there are too many games to play i think. All i could reach for is all ps3 versions :)  in this case i need only Liberation and Rogue :D