The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

6 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Well, in a situation that is very typical for me, I decided I wasn't in the mood to play any of the games I had originally listed and just randomly picked something out of my backlog I wanted to play.  I think it's probably best if I just "wing it" for the rest of the event and try and fit the games I feel like playing into the categories.

I relate to this, so hard.

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Well, in a situation that is very typical for me, I decided I wasn't in the mood to play any of the games I had originally listed and just randomly picked something out of my backlog I wanted to play.  I think it's probably best if I just "wing it" for the rest of the event and try and fit the games I feel like playing into the categories.

I think a lot of people can relate to this, plus as you play a game you may realize the category you picked isn't as good of a fit as you thought.  I picked a few games because direction is good, but often winging a good amount works well for me too.

• Like 2

Lose the Weight - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair :platinum:  

Focus on Family 

Update Relationship Status -

Go to the Gym 

Find Time For Yourself - Yooka-Laylee :platinum:  

Get a Better Job - 

Finish Your Masterpiece 

Volunteer More 

Do Better in School -  

Make More Money - Code Vein :platinum:  

I will go with Yooka-Laylee in "Find Time For Yourself" because of the arcade consoles of the T-Rex ;) 

In Addition I will take Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for the "Lose the Weight" category with Capital B. In my opinion this Bee is overweight :P 

• Like 4

Wow. Another week already. Time is flying. So this week I finished up Days Gone's platinum. The collectibles were more of a grind than I expected, but thankfully the trophy is for getting 75% of them and not 100%. Many of them were easily gettable along the way. I just wasn't looking out for them; so it was my fault that it took me a long time to finish that trophy. Other than that, I did another playthrough of Man of Medan, and also managed to get the trophy for earning S-Rank on 15 different songs on expert difficulty. BTW I changed back to Beat Saber from SingStar and decided I would only switch my game list going forward if I have fully finished a game to replace something on this list. I think for this upcoming week, I will be working on Man of Medan and Atelier Firis. 

S1052f4.png - Lose Weight -  Dark Souls - 60%

Sacbfbf.png - Focus on Family - Thronebreaker - 5%

S1c408c.png - Update Relationship Status - Man of Medan - 37% >>> 52%

Sacc62e.png - Go to the Gym - AC Odyssey - 17%

Sc6f36c.png - Find Time for Yourself - Slime Rancher - 91%

S1724f3.png - Find a Job - Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey - 9%

S6ea8f2.png - Finish Your Masterpiece - Beat Saber - 68% >>> 82%

Sd92069.png - Volunteer More - Days Gone - 65% >>> :platinum:

S72e106.png - Do Better in School - Resident Evil 2 - 41%

S4687a4.png - Make More Money - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands:platinum:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fuwafuwa-no-Neko said:

Hey heeeya~~

Just your friendly neighbourhood gaming cat here. Though I'm a little bit latish, I would still very much like to sign up for the event if possible. I also happened to promise some peeps to participate in this and they would absolutely kill me if I don't at least try to register :ninja:.

Gaming list will be posted later in the week. Need to set up this PS Now thing first but after that I should be all good and ready to go.

And to all the participants, looking forward to having fun and nice time with fellow PSNP peeps,

Happy gaming everyone^^

Neko.O

Hey, sorry. The deadline to sign-up was yesterday so no more people are being added to the event. There are a couple other events, like Bingo Bonanza, Monthly Madness, and ABC of Unstarted Games, that still have open sign-ups if you're wanting to join an event.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Hey, sorry. The deadline to sign-up was yesterday so no more people are being added to the event. There are a couple other events, like Bingo Bonanza, Monthly Madness, and ABC of Unstarted Games, that still have open sign-ups if you're wanting to join an event.

Any chance you could let him in late. Our server was having a competition for it with @Beyondthegrave07@Sebastian@Salima-sensei@FenrirfeatherMyself and @Fuwafuwa-no-Neko. Would be very much appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, GonzoArmstrong said:

Any chance you could let him in late. Our server was having a competition for it with @Beyondthegrave07@Sebastian@Salima-sensei@FenrirfeatherMyself and @Fuwafuwa-no-Neko. Would be very much appreciated. 

The cut-off date was clearly listed and hasn't changed since the event was posted. Everyone else on your server had no problem signing up on time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

The cut-off date was clearly listed and hasn't changed since the event was posted. Everyone else on your server had no problem signing up on time.

I'm not too surprised by this decision. From what I've seen @eigen-space is a stickler for rules in regards to past event. Whether she was hosting or not, I've seen her frustrated by exceptions being made. I don't blame her though, at this point, the event has been live live for 20 days and sign-ups open even longer. There was plenty of time to get their name into the list. 

EDIT: Added quote for what I was referring to, since this was top of new page. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb