The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

Lose the Weight - South Park Stick of Truth

Focus on Family - Dishonored 2, you can either play as Corvo or Emily, father and daughter, through the story.

Update Relationship Status - Hatoful Boyfriend

Go to the Gym - God of war 3

Find Time For Yourself - Nier Automata

Get a Better Job - Grim Fandango Remastered

Finish Your Masterpiece - Tearaway

Volunteer More - Borderlands 3

Do Better in School -Claire

Make More Money - Ratchet and Clank

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jens said:

I sense a new challenger for the 7-Yakuza-plats-club :P Or even 8 in your case, did you enjoy Dead Souls? I probably will never get around to it with my lack of a PS3 and just getting one for that purpose... I don't know about that :D 

It had its moments, but when compared to this and 4, it's pretty mediocre. 

• Like 1

Ayy, a new event, sign me up!

Lose the Weight - Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Crazy Dave) (Yes, I'm at 49/50 trophies but the last one takes more than all the others combined and I'll probably not be done until March)

Focus on Family - Tekken 7

Update Relationship Status - Maitetsu: Pure Station

Go to the Gym - Anarchy Reigns

Find Time For Yourself - Plants vs Zombies (Vita)

Get a Better Job - Taco Master

Finish Your Masterpiece - LittleBigPlanet Vita

Volunteer More - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (JP PS4)

Do Better in School - Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

Make More Money - Metal Wolf Chaos X D (I will finish you!)

*List is subject to change.

• Like 3

I finally have an update! Life slowed down just long enough to finish up my first platinum of the year, and my 100th trophy! ? I am curious, and I apologize if this has been asked to death since I haven't been able to keep up with the thread much, but are we able to use DLC for this event? If not, totally understandable, I just figured I would check!

EDIT: I moved Trover Saves the Universe because I realized I had it in a category for sidequests, and there aren't really sidequests in it, unless you count collectibles as a "sidequest", which I wouldn't. 

S18d87a.png Lose Weight: Trover Saves the Universe :platinum:

S063a1d.png Focus on Family: Bioshock Infinite (PS4) 88%

S1c408c.png Update Relationship Status: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan 19%

S19263a.png Go to the Gym: Brutal Legend 72%

Time For Yourself:

S68e900.png Better Job: Bendy and the Ink Machine 85%

Finish Your Masterpiece: 

Volunteer More:

Do Better in School:

S88259a.png Make More Money: Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3) 80%

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 3

Well, only halfway through the month of January and I've finally got my first game done! The next ones shouldn't take anywhere near as long, haha.

Sb1bc02.png Lose the Weight - Death Stranding :platinum:

Deadman (played by Guillermo del Toro) is a central character to the story, and also very overweight. Given how many side quests I had to do to complete it, I almost wanted to put it for that, but this seems like a category that's a lot more difficult to do so I'm going to keep it there. Four more to go for the badge! We'll see where it goes from there.

• Like 4

Lose the Weight -  Seek Hearts :platinum:

Focus on Family - htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary  :platinum:

Update Relationship Status -

Go to the Gym - Danganronpa 1+2 Reload (90%)

Find Time For Yourself -  Queen's Quest 3

Get a Better Job - Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Finish Your Masterpiece - Okami HD

Volunteer More 

Do Better in School -  Muv-Luv (1%)

Make More Money - Heroes Trials :platinum:

Finished up Seek Hearts.  After playing it I decided to swap the category for it to Lose the Weight since I'm not absolutely sure I'll be able to wrap up Dark Cloud in time, but finding another game with sidequests isn't a problem.  That and because of the fact that the protag is a guild member, the sidequests really feel like extra parts of his job and not really fitting for the spirit of Volunteer More.  The reason for why it fits for Lose the Weight is there is a major supporting character (the Guild Chief, Gordon), who is definitely overweight.  At many points in the story you have to go and report to the chief about the results of a mission and information found and also get information/new missions from him so he's a major enough supporting character to count.

Also changing Do Better in School to Muv-Luv because the characters are all high school students and considering I'm really doing bad at finishing up the original Corpse Party, probably won't get to Corpse Party Blood Drive in the near future.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

Lose the Weight -  

Focus on Family 

Update Relationship Status -

Go to the Gym 

Find Time For Yourself 

Get a Better Job - 

Finish Your Masterpiece 

Volunteer More 

Do Better in School -  

Make More Money - Code Vein

Code Vein has a trophy were you Need to get 150 different skills. You Need to collect haze (like souls in Dark souls) to buy those skills because it‘s the only curreny in the Game. I think it would fit in this category but please correct me if any one see it differently. Depending on that, I will Choose the category of my other Game ;) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Inuty said:
I think it would fit in this category but please correct me if any one see it differently. Depending on that, I will Choose the category of my other Game ;) 

If you're grinding currency or spending currency for a trophy it works. Therefore, I think it works.

• Like 1

Another game finished, this time for the Focus on Family category. I finished up Life is Strange 2 and the adventures of the Diaz brothers. What an adventure it was! That poor Sean was getting beat up left and right during my playthrough. It could have just been my choices or the way it was always going to play out. I am not sure if I enjoyed it as much as the first Life is Strange, but it definitely had a much broader cultural element to the story this time around...

Lose the Weight - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4) - Hoagie

Focus on Family - Life is Strange 2 (PS4) - The tale of brothers Sean and Daniel :platinum:

Update Relationship Status - Hakuoki : Stories of the Shinsengumi (PS3) - a VN with several relationship options :platinum:

Go to the Gym - God of War (PS4) - Kratos

Find Time For Yourself - Path of Sin : Greed (PS4) - lots of mini games mixed with hidden object puzzles :platinum:

Get a Better Job - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - Bigby is a detective

Finish Your Masterpiece - Tearaway (PSV) - paper art!

Volunteer More - The Outer Worlds (PS4) - side quests and companion quests

Do Better in School - South Park : The Stick of Truth (PS3) - South Park Elementary School :platinum:

Make More Money - Lego The Lord of the Rings (PS3) - collect 10,000,000,000 studs :platinum:

• Like 3

Games Goals 2020

Lose the Weight--Accounting +

Focus on Family--The Bunker

Update Relationship Status--Detroit: Become Human

Go to the Gym--Assassin's Creed Odyssey (I may switch this to Batman: Arkham VR)

Find Time for Yourself

Get a Better Job--Late Shift

Finish Your Masterpiece--Wandersong

Volunteer More

Do Better in School--Life is Strange

Make More Money

Made some updates to my list.

• Like 1