DOOM Sigil and Final DOOM coming to console ports for free

MarioMan200

2 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

I wanna to know about your guy's thoughts on the subject of these two "expansions" coming soon to the console ports of DOOM 1 and 2. Im planning to pick up 2 at some point and i've never played Final or Sigil before. Also if there might be more trophies involve too. Anyway here is the link to the article.

https://www.destructoid.com/final-doom-and-sigil-being-added-to-classic-doom-console-ports-for-free-574818.phtml

Is Sigil an offcial game? If it is it's kinda wierd I haven't heard about it. I recently finished doom classic complete so Final doom would be nice to play again but OH MY GOODNESS PLEASE NO NIGHTMARE TROPHY FOR PLUTONIA.

Wait, "coming soon to the console ports of DOOM 1 and 2" do you mean as in dlc trophy for those and not new lists with more plats?

Edited by tony_snake_24
  • Like 1

Wow! I never thought I’d see the day Final DOOM would ever release again on console, let alone Sigil at all! They could of totally charged money for these, but they’re free updates! What a great thing ? I wonder if these will bring DLC trophies to their respective titles.. I’m already quaking in my boots at the thought of maybe having to play these new levels on Nightmare.... with excitement that is ;)

The article here also states that the “No Rest for the Living” episode for DOOM 2 is coming as well! Not to mention locked 60fps and aspect ratio options. What a great time to be alive ?

What’s this? Community created WADs as well!?!? This is too much, I may never need another game ever again OwO Carve the dark meat off that Arch Vile and serve me a plate of that goodness now!

tumblr_n3j7kkVAdD1qmh869o1_500.gif

941.gif

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Is Sigil an offcial game? If it is it's kinda wierd I haven't heard about it. I recently finished doom classic complete so Final doom would be nice to play again but OH MY GOODNESS PLEASE NO NIGHTMARE TROPHY FOR PLUTONIA.

Wait, "coming soon to the console ports of DOOM 1 and 2" do you mean as in dlc trophy for those and not new lists with more plats?

According to the article, the release hasn't been revealed yet and I don't know if they'll add more trophies to DOOM 1 and 2 as DLC trophies is what i'm saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Sigil is awesome. I never thought I was ever gonna get to play it(I don't ever play games on PC, and I never dreamed they would release it as DLC!) 

It's also nice to have TNT & Plutonia again, since I don't have access to DOOM Classic Complete on the PS3 anymore. 

I just wish they would have added a few DLC trophies tied to TNT, Plutonia, & Sigil.... but oh well, that's just a very minor complaint. 

The update is now out for this and doom 2 to download the add ons. Final doom is available to both and Sigil and No Rest For The Living is available for their respective game. 

Of course, no DLC trophies. As soon as they said that final doom would be available for both I thought it wasn’t a possibility. Still, props for the update.

• 2 months later...