Zoutje's Holiday Giveaway

ZoutjeNL

My favorite platinum in 2019 was Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I first played the game last year, but was too scared to continue. I don't want to spoil the story, so what freaked me out initially is that you hear the same voices that Senua hears. The game is a representation of someone with psychosis who sees and hears things that aren't there. It has some battle scenes and puzzle solving.

What finally won me over was overcoming my "fears" and finishing the game. I would've missed a great story. It's also a game I'm proud to show off to people who aren't into video games who think that they're all horrible and violent. I can appreciate games such as this that offer more than simple entertainment. Thanks for doing the giveaway!

• Like 3

Cool!

My favorite platinum was AC: Origins. I only bothered playing this game due to the Ancient Egypt setting as I don’t like AC games. As such it became an unexpected lovefest. From the very first minute I was completely enthralled. I wasted so many happy days playing this game. Or not playing at all: just wandering the desert on my trusty camel, hallucinating (in game!). Seeing those pyramids for the first time... oh wow. Knowing I could actually get inside if only I was of a higher level than those pesky bandits roaming around! That kept me going and it was marvelous when I finally could go inside. Then there’s the DLC... I could go on. Loved it!

My favorite platinum would be I am Bread. The garden cheese hunt stage was a platinum blocker and it made me rest for a while. Then I played NBA 2K19. Almost got the plat but one trophy became unobtaible for me. I was so sad that time. I played I am Bread again and with incredible luck I manage to pull it. Thanks for reading. ?

• Like 1

The Last Guardian: Liked how the story progressed and unfolded, also the relation between Trico & the protagonist is beautiful, which made me push through to get this platinum, that otherwise, may have given up on, given that im not good with some requirements (speed runs ?).

Splatterhouse⁠—I finished quite a few games in 2019, but this old PS3 spectacle brawler was just abundantly fun, despite being highly flawed. I grew up playing the series in arcades and on the Genesis, and these originals were all included on the disc, effectively making it a "Splatterhouse Collection" of sorts. Awesome!

Honorable mentions:

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition

Aragami

Defunct

Virginia

• Like 1

Happy Holidays to you & everyone else reading this!

But I'd say Persona 4 was my favorite platinum this year as I loved every second of hit. I started the game back in 2018 but saved the platinum for my 150th platinum so I ended up waiting nearly a year since beating the game to go for the platinum. I ended up having to start from scratch on a new file as I ended up uninstalling the game for space & losing my original save but I didn't care as I got to spend more time with that great game. I seriously can't wait for Persona 5 Royal to drop as I'm going to be playing it so hard.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Deciding my favorite platinum this year is kinda hard since this year I mainly played games from my favorite franchises (be they Remasters or new games). But if I had to pick I'll go with the one I got yesterday, MediEvil (PS4 Remake). I played the sequel so much on my PS1 and playing the first game with modern graphics was really enjoyable.

• Like 1

What was your favourite platinum you obtained in 2019 and why?  

Final Fantasy X HD. My very first time playing the game and I loved it. Easily in my top 4 FF games alongside XII, XIII, and XIII-2, and I'm very proud to have made it my 150th platinum milestone.

Thank you OP for the giveaway, a very kind gesture for sure. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to the recipient in advance. Merry Christmas, everyone. ??

• Like 1

Firstly Merry Christmas Zoutjes!

My favourite platinum from this year would have to be Heavy Rain Remastered. A game I got originally on the PS3 near release that I thoroughly enjoyed but never got the plat, to revisit and love all over again with the excellent story, interesting gameplay and split second decisions it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Happy holidays!

Definitely Trails of Cold Steel III. Not only this game has become my favorite Trails game but JRPG in general and GOTY. The plat was absolute blast. I just had to do everything + Nightmare difficulty which i would do either way. I can't wait for Trails of Cold Steel IV.

Hi mate and thanks!

My favourite platinum is a choice between Horizon Zero Dawn, Outlast 2, Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Crysis 3. Very hard to tell you bro :D 

I guess I'll take Bioshock Infinite because the first time I saw Columbia I was fascinated by it. The story then, even though it wasn't immediate to understand, is wonderful.

• Like 3

My was Spider-Man inclusive the Dlcs, since the game was so enjoyable and interesting. I love the kind of characters who talk in such a way like Spider Man. Therefore I loved the series the Amazing Spider Man (the TV serie). I loved that also to achieve the platin was so much fun. In other great games you can have so much fun about the story and gameplay, but to hunt down some trophies it decrease the fun factor. But this holds not for Spider man, it was great

• Like 1

My favourite Platinum of the entire PSN history is none other than God of War. I've invested 60 hours for it to complete. During that time, I ran into some problems with my PS4, as to how my save files were wiped out, forcing me to start from scratch. After 36 hours or so, the long road to Platinum was worth the shot.

Bonus note: It is my 10th platinum, and obtained in October 10, at 10:06 (which is a glorious 10-10-10).

• Like 2

Path of Exile. That game was a blast and so well made, with constant support from the developers. A FTP game that seemed to be inspired by Diablo, that is infinitely better than anything Blizzard has done with the franchise in recent years.

The plat was long and challenging, and worth every second. Plus I got to play it with 2 of my doods.

God of War because it's a once-in-a-generation instant classic that's virtually flawless, and is in all but name the best Zelda game since Majora's Mask to boot. The hunt, as it were, is a perfect blend of exploration, challenge, and grind that never ceases to be rewarding. The moment I finished it, I couldn't wait to play it again... which is one of the first things I'll be doing next year.

• Like 3