River Fever speed trap help

Radford999

Hi guys. Anyone got any tips for this speed trap? It’s the one in Fort Callahan where the 3 star speed is 210mph. It is giving me a really tough time. From all the comments about the drift zones, i expected those to be troublesome. But in fact they were really easy and this is the only tough task i’ve had to do in this game. 

First of all what is the best car to use? I currently have the Koenigsegg Regera but i can’t seem to do it in this car. It’s definitely fast enough obviously. But the little hill slows me down too much when you come in from the north. 

Also which is the best way to go through the speed trap? From the north or the south? 

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

This was definately the worst activity in the game. I tried for two hours and only just got it eventually. I got it using the M3 GTR fully tuned because the regera's handling would not allow me to make the corners good enough. Definately you want to be going downhill, I think that is the northern approach.

On YouTube there are a couple of videos on showing the best way to go. When you get the route perfect it is still highly dependant on luck. The road is like rush hour and the game loves spawning random cars in front of you..

2 hours ago, reversj said:

This was definately the worst activity in the game. I tried for two hours and only just got it eventually. I got it using the M3 GTR fully tuned because the regera's handling would not allow me to make the corners good enough. Definately you want to be going downhill, I think that is the northern approach.

On YouTube there are a couple of videos on showing the best way to go. When you get the route perfect it is still highly dependant on luck. The road is like rush hour and the game loves spawning random cars in front of you..

Ok thanks. Did you use any of the ultimate parts? 

And yeah the Regera is fast enough but i agree it seems to go around the corner too slow because the handling isn’t as good as the other cars.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:21 AM, Radford999 said:

Hi guys. Anyone got any tips for this speed trap? It’s the one in Fort Callahan where the 3 star speed is 210mph. It is giving me a really tough time. From all the comments about the drift zones, i expected those to be troublesome. But in fact they were really easy and this is the only tough task i’ve had to do in this game. 

First of all what is the best car to use? I currently have the Koenigsegg Regera but i can’t seem to do it in this car. It’s definitely fast enough obviously. But the little hill slows me down too much when you come in from the north. 

Also which is the best way to go through the speed trap? From the north or the south? 

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rad. 

I feel your pain, brother. I may have tried this one for 8-9 hours. Not straight, but collectively.

You were right about the drift zones. Not as tough as expected.

Since it took me so much time, i will help anyone i can by explaining all the approaches i took until i finally nailed it on my birthday, 12/23/19. I kept saying, 'come on, game. Give it to me for my birthday!' which it did. When i passed through and it read exactly 210, i screamed out '210!, 210! I got it!, i got it! Then my final 3 trophies popped and i jumped up and down like a fool!

I wound up getting it with the Regera, in first-person mode.

If you notice, if you try it either way - uphill, or downhill - there is a white lined narrow 'outskirts' area, to the right of each double lane. Try to get up your speed there, then veer off into the regular lanes because the slightest bump will knock off speed. I even tried from the oncoming side, during some downhill tries, then veering off into the regular lane.

You must get the Ultimate single nitrous, because it will power you through. Put the passive to 'nitrous power.' I tried with 5 tanks, using them along the way to keep speed up. I just saw a vid where someone got it with 5 tanks.  Go with the one.

I think i used either off-road or track tires, because if you try the downhill way, you can veer off the right lane, into that dirt area, just before the last turn before you hit that hill that can make you fly in the air if you use nitrous too early. What i did was start by the gas station. Hit nitrous as soon as you get down the first hill because that tank can get you close to 200, combining downhill speed. You have to trust yourself, but even with the perfect run, a car or truck will be right in the way for sure!

First-person is vital, because at least for me, turning at high speed is a bit easier.

An approach for the uphill way - i hit as high as 207 trying it - start at the bottom of that uphill S, but inside that narrow area with the white line. It is hard to keep speed there, but if you're at 150 mph, as soon as you make the last right, hit your nitrous but turn slightly before because nos seems to be for straight lines!

To be honest, the one i call the downhill way is best to try because of the obvious extra speed you get.

This is totally luck-based. You can get it. It had me questioning my existence at times!

You can do this. You platted GT Sport!

EDIT: One more critical thing is set your steering sensitivity all the way to the right in live tuning. Makes a difference with the Regera's handling.

EDIT 2: Although the OP got the Platinum, i hope what i typed helps someone out in the future.

Edited by TheGoaler
Added another tip.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did it uphill and used the Audi R8 V10 Performance '19 (ultimate+ parts) and had a target speed with 349,09 km/h (338 km/h needed).

Before that I had some attempts downhill, but didn't get enough speed at the finish because of the stupid traffic and I got 5 nos tanks. After some more successfull attemps (without crashing into traffic) from uphill I changed my setup to one big nos tank and more nos power as passive auxiliary. With this setup I got it in second try and in my opinion uphill is much more better for this challenge, because there is not so many traffic in your way and there is not such a troublesome curve on high speed as downhill.

If someone is interessted, I took my successful try on video:

Need for Speed Heat - Fort Callahan Speed Trap "Flussfieber"

Edited by kasorugi

• 10 months later...
On 30/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, timbrown1581 said:

Used the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 ‘73 with the 3.6L V6 engine. Had elite+ parts using track suspension/tires/differential. Believe I started halfway down from that gas station and popped the nitro before the 2nd turn. Took a few times due to the gd cars getting in the way lol.

THIS!!

This is a time and life saver ! Thank you very very much. Got it with 338,27 after 10' of trying..! 

• 1 month later...

219 mph with RSR downhill. You don't even need to have full elite parts in all slots but V6 2.9 engine and 1x12lb tank elite Nitrous are important. Did it downhill in first person. Handling always seems easier to avoid oncoming traffic in first person. Took 20 mins.

Edited by XTUSHX
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just watch out for trying this last one with Regera.. Those car max speed(400+km/h) and car parameters are incorrect and look good only in prospect not game itself. This isn't fastest car in game. I get nervous driving 2hour+ from gas station downhill and even uphill with nitro 1x ultimate and elite4x1.5 and backward and for nothing max 330km/h.. Regera drives in this particular place like ship with anchor down.. Tried every parts configuration and nothing special happened..

Then tried Porsche RSR engine swap to 2.8l boxter with elite+ parts and some ultimate and nitro 4x1.5kg uphill(start up just before bigest corner) and baaam first try and speed 355.1km/h

I only lost my time ingame because stupid numbers in tables. Don't do my mistake. 

Edited by Dejf84PL

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 2:49 PM, timbrown1581 said:

Used the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 ‘73 with the 3.6L V6 engine. Had elite+ parts using track suspension/tires/differential. Believe I started halfway down from that gas station and popped the nitro before the 2nd turn. Took a few times due to the gd cars getting in the way lol.

This.

Sell your Regera (after you get the trophy for a 400+ race victory). Buy the RSR, buy the max engine swap. Buy the Elite + parts. buy the track parts. Ace the speed trap with the only difficulty being traffic. This makes it so simple, the car takes the turns like a fuckin dream. Tim, you're a god lol

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
do the 400+ race
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...