PS4 lagging and bugging

Herbset

Hey, so I've had my ps4 slim 1tb for a year now. The warranty is gone and wouldn't you know, there are some issues. Last week I wanted to delete some games while the ps4 was downloading life is strange episodes 2-5. The console froze, I couldn't do anything so my genius brain be like hey, turn ps4 off. So I did, and surprise surprise, I got a notification on the screen saying that the ps4 cannot start and they want me to download updates. I did that, nothing worked. Long story short I had to initialize my console. Obviously all my data is gone, but the issue is that the games are lagging. The ps4 is freezing. Life is strange lags, the background music cuts off. I still can hear all the dialogues and birds chirping but like there is this scene when Santa Monica Dream plays and I know it should be there coz I love this song but it's just not. Also I tried playing Uncharted Lost Legacy and a few times the dialogues in the cut scenes don't match the lip movement, one time Chloe was like bald, literally her hair disappeared, animations were weird, dialogues disappeared I couldn't hear anything. Also the game is lagging to the point it's not playable. Somebody tell me what to do, I tried rebuilding data base, turning it on and off again and still. Also it lags in the menu as well. Please help guys, I certainly can't afford new ps4. 

• Like 1

Oh oh, that sounds exactly what happened to my brother's PS4. He's got the 1TB slim too and tried rebuilding database and everything but nothing would fix it. I told him to reformat his HDD (back up your saves) but he didn't have the means to do it so he ended up buying a new HDD. Since then he hasn't had a single issue.

You can still go through all the troubleshooting fixes but most likely it will be the HDD.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Oh oh, that sounds exactly what happened to my brother's PS4. He's got the 1TB slim too and tried rebuilding database and everything but nothing would fix it. I told him to reformat his HDD (back up your saves) but he didn't have the means to do it so he ended up buying a new HDD. Since then he hasn't had a single issue.

You can still go through all the troubleshooting fixes but most likely it will be the HDD.

That's what I thought. Well, buying a new HDD is still better than getting a new ps4. Thanks bud 

oh god, not this again. check out my forum profile, it happens to me last month or so.

you said it started to happen while you're downloading something?

yeah I was downloading The Last of Us Remastered when it happen, due to my crappy Internet the game installed with a corrupted data that I made a mistake of not getting rid of it as I kept the game on my ps4 and then went playing Days Gone, in days gone I reached somewhere where the sounds got cut and the texture keep failing to load which made the graphics to looks like the switch port of the Witcher 3, when I signed out of my account and my brother came to play on his account the ps4 start to take ages to load anything, we tried to turn it off and it frozed, we unplug it from the power supply and put it back on and that's where I saw the " the ps4 cannot be start "

I had to send it for repair but they only used a USB drive contain the latest patch 7.01 at the time to fix it, though I lost all of my hard earning save files and my screen shots in the process, as no matter what happen, the HDD needed to be initialize regardless.

my brother was lucky enough that his plus subscription allowed him to lift some of his save files to the cloud  before the crisis strike, i'm not :'(

right now i'm only playing Death Stranding on my ps4 which we bought after my HDD got wiped clean.

even though it's impossible, but I hope your situation won't be as worse as mine and force you to completely cleans your hard drive.

• Like 2

I've concluded my hdd could be why the audio skip shit happens. i mentioned enough before and if you googled it there are tons of other forums of people complaining. I never thought hdd till now.

I have always wanted to get a 2TB Internal but i heard some can just stop workin. So whats your best deal?

As for troubleshooting, i always have a usb drive on my shelf that has the latest tv firmware and latest ps4 firmware. Even tho safe mode you can just reinstall, ive done both ways through the flash.

Rebuild database wont help If you have corrupt files so i would delete them all, i would go through all your current saves ON the system. Not in cloud. Delete the corrupt ones. Backup what you can. THEN rebuild database. Also limiting number of files on XMB does slightly speed up loading at start up.

try these OP. Good luck!!

• Like 1

I have a SSD internal for my PS4 (tossed the original, all hard drives fail, and this is a second hand release model). Two USB sticks for backup saves. And a 2TB External to offload games I'll work on or play again later. Don't install to external, USB is too slow. Just copy to and from.

Created this setup after a random power out while playing Horizon Zero Dawn when I first got my PS4. Lost 15 hours and haven't touched it since (will play it again soon). Wouldn't start up without erasing everything (initialize). Won't happen again!

8 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

I have a SSD internal for my PS4 (tossed the original, all hard drives fail, and this is a second hand release model). Two USB sticks for backup saves. And a 2TB External to offload games I'll work on or play again later. Don't install to external, USB is too slow. Just copy to and from.

Created this setup after a random power out while playing Horizon Zero Dawn when I first got my PS4. Lost 15 hours and haven't touched it since (will play it again soon). Wouldn't start up without erasing everything (initialize). Won't happen again!

I’m being lazy with the external. You are right I need to go internal. Crazy story on HZD. That would make me soo mad

18 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

oh god, not this again. check out my forum profile, it happens to me last month or so.

you said it started to happen while you're downloading something?

yeah I was downloading The Last of Us Remastered when it happen, due to my crappy Internet the game installed with a corrupted data that I made a mistake of not getting rid of it as I kept the game on my ps4 and then went playing Days Gone, in days gone I reached somewhere where the sounds got cut and the texture keep failing to load which made the graphics to looks like the switch port of the Witcher 3, when I signed out of my account and my brother came to play on his account the ps4 start to take ages to load anything, we tried to turn it off and it frozed, we unplug it from the power supply and put it back on and that's where I saw the " the ps4 cannot be start "

I had to send it for repair but they only used a USB drive contain the latest patch 7.01 at the time to fix it, though I lost all of my hard earning save files and my screen shots in the process, as no matter what happen, the HDD needed to be initialize regardless.

my brother was lucky enough that his plus subscription allowed him to lift some of his save files to the cloud  before the crisis strike, i'm not :'(

right now i'm only playing Death Stranding on my ps4 which we bought after my HDD got wiped clean.

even though it's impossible, but I hope your situation won't be as worse as mine and force you to completely cleans your hard drive.

Dude I had already lost all of my data, but nothing I actually cared much about. Thank God I managed to get kiwami 2 plat before that happened, took me like 100h to get it. The only thing that was kinda bad was Yakuza zero, I wasted around 15h on that. But like I said, nothing major. I'm thinking about getting ssd 500gb, I tend to uninstall games I don't play, and platinum only the ones I really enjoy so I don't need 2tb, like some folks suggested. My unfinished BA thesis stops me from gaming much anyways lol.

• Like 1