How long will the online take?

Sebulba2000

Hi, I'm currently obtaining 100% in every PS3 game, I've ever wanted to complete, to avoid server shutdown stress ?

I'm planning on doing this game with my friend right after GTA 4, so how long will it take (including the DLCs)? How does it compare to GTA 4/5 and Uncharted 2/3 in terms of time and difficulty?

If you stay on it grinding pikes basin itll take 3 or 4 weeks to reach lvl 50, and 100% all dlc. The most longest part is getting to 50. Story trophies and misc aren't hard but will take you prob 30-40 hours, with online excluding dlc you're looking at 60-70 hours add dlc prob 80-90 cause youll need a full game for some dlc trophies. Getting a posse of 8 can be difficult as well as ive found usually 3 to 5 people will join and the rest dont. You may get lucky tho.

Im currently at 89% i just need advamced co op missions to be finished with all ok nline related trophies and its annoying as hell. 

• Like 1

Legit is impossible at this point, thus I would get a group together to boost all the trophies that need more than 2 people then split off with a friend to mop up the rest. Legit is 10/10 but boosting, brings that down to a 4/10. In terms of time, you're looking at 70hrs+ to get everything done but that's only if the servers play nice and don't crash or otherwise glitch out like they are known to do from time to time.

With a good, coordinated boosting group you can knock out almost all online trophies in a few weeks, maybe less depending on how much you plan on playing (daily, weekly, etc.). Like @rintheskyking said, hitting level 50 legit will take up most of your time...and don’t let the rarity of the ‘Kingpin’ trophy fool you; it’s easy to obtain with the required amount of people if they’re smart enough to know what they’re doing. I had more trouble with ‘Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace’ if anything (watch some videos on how to get it very easily with boosters).

You may also face a little bit of challenge getting the gold rating in all of the advanced co-op missions, but patience is key with those, don’t give up!! (I recommend playing the online and/or single player with auto-aim turned off as it’s very good practice for the advanced missions (no auto-aim allowed if I recall). I also recommend replaying certain online hideouts over and over to gain quick XP as doing almost anything else could be a waste of time in relation to how much XP you’re getting per hour, especially if you’re not always going to have a boosting partner. (You can boost XP easily by yourself in public servers).

All in all...

Time to 100%: 2 to 3 weeks depending on playtime and boosting partner availability. Maybe quicker than that!
Difficulty: 7-8/10

Tips: Boosting partners are a must!!

You got this!! ?

• Like 2

your biggest problem is finding enough people for the online. as the servers have been hacked they are unstable connections sometimes. one of the dlc trophies you need 8 people. and i think the rest you can do with 3 or 4. getting 8 people together is one of the worst i still havent done it yet. 

also i would compare it to a similar grind of gta5, expect the same thing but with horses lol. if youve done the gta games then its the same basically

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

Setup a session to boost all the multiplayer trophies, some are duoable, others require 4, one 6, one 8 and one 9. 

Hardest part is to coordinate the whole thing, you can use PS Now trial accounts and boost yourself on different PCs, easier to coordinate 5 people than 9.

Once you´re done with misc mp trophies, time to grind pikes basin to lvl 50. After that you´re set, enjoy the story at your own pace.

Everyone above has said all that needs to be said, but I do want to reiterate that the grind to level 50 is a BIG grind.  Doing it solo was the easiest way for me, and it still took forever (and that's when you're not interrupted by randoms).  The hardest part is the coordination between 8 people for some of the DLC trophies.  And unless you're a huge jerk, you will have to help the others get their trophies too.  That makes individual trophies a 4-5 hour endeavor, at times.  I did the coop trophies with randumbs, so it took a few tries for each, but play this game enough and you really only need them for the space they take up and you can more or less do the rest yourself.  When I started this game, everything had been out for years.  I found a group to boost with first and did the story after that was all done.  It took me 6 weeks.  Good luck!

• Like 3