Is this game hard to platinum or just tedious / time consuming?

Lezonidas

It's tedious because you're fighting the game and its clunky controls most of the time. People probably don't have the patience or desire to play this game multiple times when they could be playing something like Souls or Nioh instead. I don't know about others, but I never went for the platinum because I forgot to deliver the final blow to the final boss with my weapon that was augmented during NG+. Because I forgot to do this, I'd have to do two more playthroughs instead of one and I have no interest in playing this junk for that much longer.

• Like 3

Personally absolutely hate the game & think the controls are way to clunky for a souls like game. The platinum is pretty easy but requires a playthrough for each of the 3 classes (with rogue being the worst). Bosses are extremely boring with little to no character as well as not really thought out all to well. Areas are extremely bland looking. "Story" is the equivalent of Kindergartner's story book. Weapons are terribly balanced (Greatswords literally destroy any other weapon category & there is no point to even use a different weapon).

Overall I think the game is bad, but the platinum is pretty easy if you want to put yourself through 3 playthroughs of it. Luckily if you do start it & it turns out that you hate the game (like me) you can make the platinum a lot easier using a level glitch, health potion glitch & a glitch that locks the final boss in place for you to just kill him without doing anything.  

• Like 1

havent played this game but i saw a friend play it recently so i know of it. trophy guide says 5/10 difficulty and 40hrs, so why it's at only less than 5% plat achieve rate, no idea  good question, i thought souls type games were very popular and generally had high plat achieve rates. not that i care but it's interesting. maybe there's glitches and stuff

Edited by MeteoraXV

The game is rather easy, but it has no replay value (by that I mean that playing it already once is more than enough)... Not the worst game out there, but definitely less than mediocre in many aspects. It is also not time consuming at all. Three playthroughs is definitely not the most enjoyable experience.

Soulslikes usually have high completion percentages because they have a dedicated fanbase and the games are usually incredibly fun to play. This one is just a very, very weak soulslike, so many people just don't bother going for 100%. (Still not the weakest soulslike I've played.. that "honor" goes to Immortal: Unchained ?)

Oh, and the DLC is garbage. Just.. terrible. 

Edited by Arcesius

7 hours ago, Lezonidas said:

I've just defeated the second boss and this game looks pretty fun to play and it's not hard at all, I've only died once to the first boss and once to the second. I just hate the rollover animation so far, why does it have only 5% platinum rate?

I think one big reason for the low platinum rate is because this was a PS+ game.  That tends to lower platinum completion percentage as you get a bunch of people that just try out the game but never fully commit to playing it.

This game took me years to platinum.  The main reason being I've never played a "souls-like" game before.  I played it for about 20 minutes when it was on plus and pretty much gave up on it for a long time.  When I finally re-visited it this year I actually found it quite enjoyable.  It just took a minute for me to understand the game play.  The DLC is definitely the most challenging part as the maze can become frustrating.  The final boss can be a little challenging as you move into the new game + and ++ but there is an exploit you can use if you get stuck.

Looks like you've already plat'd the Souls games and Bloodbourne, so you should have no issue with this game.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

I think one big reason for the low platinum rate is because this was a PS+ game.  That tends to lower platinum completion percentage as you get a bunch of people that just try out the game but never fully commit to playing it.

This game took me years to platinum.  The main reason being I've never played a "souls-like" game before.  I played it for about 20 minutes when it was on plus and pretty much gave up on it for a long time.  When I finally re-visited it this year I actually found it quite enjoyable.  It just took a minute for me to understand the game play.  The DLC is definitely the most challenging part as the maze can become frustrating.  The final boss can be a little challenging as you move into the new game + and ++ but there is an exploit you can use if you get stuck.

Looks like you've already plat'd the Souls games and Bloodbourne, so you should have no issue with this game.

On 26/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, ZeroGeass1 said:

It's not hard, tedious or time consuming. I had a lot of fun getting the platinum for this game 1f604.png

On 26/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Arcesius said:

The game is rather easy, but it has no replay value (by that I mean that playing it already once is more than enough)... Not the worst game out there, but definitely less than mediocre in many aspects. It is also not time consuming at all. Three playthroughs is definitely not the most enjoyable experience.

Soulslikes usually have high completion percentages because they have a dedicated fanbase and the games are usually incredibly fun to play. This one is just a very, very weak soulslike, so many people just don't bother going for 100%. (Still not the weakest soulslike I've played.. that "honor" goes to Immortal: Unchained 1f605.png)

Oh, and the DLC is garbage. Just.. terrible. 

On 26/12/2019 at 7:07 PM, Typical PSNPee User said:

Lords of the Fallen is an easy plat.

On 26/12/2019 at 2:41 PM, Sailar91 said:

The plat is easy, the problem is that the game is horrible! If you want a Souls game stay away from this game 

I don't know if I'm playing the game the wrong way but in my opinion (having the platinum of all the soulsborne games) this game is frustrating and way harder than any dark souls, the enemies with shields are just dumb, they have no window to get hit, they just attack and they have the shield instantly up again, they deal a ton of damage, the mages are ridiculous, I'm not getting through this bullshit in a second playthrough or a third, no way unless I'm playing it wrong and shields have actually counterplay in this game... I have never been so frustrated with a videogame. Good luck that I started playing in a blank account. Bosses are no problem, normal enemies are.

Edited by Lezonidas
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

I don't know if I'm playing the game the wrong way but in my opinion (having the platinum of all the soulsborne games) this game is frustrating and way harder than any dark souls, the enemies with shields are just dumb, they have no window to get hit, they just attack and they have the shield instantly up again, they deal a ton of damage, the mages are ridiculous, I'm not getting through this bullshit in a second playthrough or a third, no way unless I'm playing it wrong and shields have actually counterplay in this game... I have never been so frustrated with a videogame. Good luck that I started playing in a blank account. Bosses are no problem, normal enemies are.

Are you having trouble with the HUGE dudes with shields? Do a running 2-hand sword jump attack, try that. You may have to spam it on them. So run at them, do leaping attack, then back up, then run at them.

If you are using daggers maybe get behind them?

Edited by Typical PSNPee User

1 hour ago, Lezonidas said:

I agree with you completely about both these enemy types. For the shielded guys I just relied solely on the gauntlet for the most part. The mages are annoying as hell, as they are way overpowered. Try to avoid them as much as possible and if you need to fight just run in fast and wreck them with two handed attacks before they can do too much damage.

• 2 months later...
On 28/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, Lezonidas said:

I see a few reasonable strats for the shield guys on here but it’s just this simple...block their very predictable attack as you circle/strafe around them for an easy backstab, job done, the same can be done for almost every other enemy in the game (rogues almost invite you to backstab them lol) except for ranged enemies. Also during the backstab animation you are impervious to damage and interupts, hope this helps anyone who reads this.

TLDR; circle/strafe > backstab > continue on your merry way.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Sitodine99 said:

For me platinum is not difficult, but, i have no idea how to get DLC trophy "real man don't need a map". 

it just doesn't work.

Hö? What did you try so far? Did you defeat the DLC boss already? I don't remember having any trouble with this trophy... 

Edited by Arcesius

16 hours ago, Sitodine99 said:

For me platinum is not difficult, but, i have no idea how to get DLC trophy "real man don't need a map". 

it just doesn't work.

Didn't have any issue with this trophy either. Just try to beat the final boss and clean up the labyrinth of enemies. If skeletons spawn at the beginning of the area, you can technically get the shield after you kill them.

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Didn't have any issue with this trophy either. Just try to beat the final boss and clean up the labyrinth of enemies. If skeletons spawn at the beginning of the area, you can technically get the shield after you kill them.

I did it, I cleaned the labyrinth after kill the final boss, but the skeletors don't move. I did it many times... so maybe i gonna restart the game to try again... one day. 

I'm a little fed up.

2 minutes ago, Sitodine99 said:

I did it, I cleaned the labyrinth after kill the final boss, but the skeletors don't move. I did it many times... so maybe i gonna restart the game to try again... one day. 

I'm a little fed up.

Sorry to hear that... It is a piece of trash game honestly. 

Guess now i see why it is an UR lol

11 hours ago, Sitodine99 said:

I'm a little fed up.

So, if I remember correctly, the bones near the shield correspond to three enemies within the labyrinth, call them "special skeletons". When you kill all three within the labyrinth, it will make them spawn when you get close to their remains close to the shield. 

So while this could be bugged (since fuck this game's glitches), it could also be that you did not kill the required enemies in the labyrinth. Did you carefully kill everything you came across?

On 12/26/2019 at 2:08 AM, Akrioz said:

I would recommend to not play NG++ and just do another NG. Much more easier to do. Final boss on NG++ is ridiculous.

Oh god, seconded. The last boss on NG+ cycles monstrously difficult and not in a fun fair difficulty kind of way. More like a “constantly summoning minions while spamming attacks that kill you in seconds oh and by the way he can heal himself” kind of way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arcesius said:

So, if I remember correctly, the bones near the shield correspond to three enemies within the labyrinth, call them "special skeletons". When you kill all three within the labyrinth, it will make them spawn when you get close to their remains close to the shield. 

So while this could be bugged (since fuck this game's glitches), it could also be that you did not kill the required enemies in the labyrinth. Did you carefully kill everything you came across?

I killed everything. I killed until I couldn't find anyone else in the labyrinth (there is an archer and a ghost with a hammer that always respawn... but no one more) I have given it as impossible. I will try it in another new game. I notice that if I die the skeletors around the shield change, sometimes one is formed, sometimes two and sometimes all of them. It's supposed that if I kill one special skeletor that one is formed around the shield, but it's not happend to me. Not sense.