Platinum in 2020 - Concerns and Challenges

FinalRevival

33 minutes ago, FinalRevival said:

I am wondering what would be the challenges for someone considering getting a Platinum for The Crew in 2020.

Appreciate all inputs from any level of experience. This platinum ranked Ultra Rare. Trying to see if that is due to technical difficulties.

If you do start you will have high chance of experiencing a bug that will lock you out of several trophies. I personally had issue with Extra Mile trophy progress being stuck twice and had to push very hard Ubisoft support to reset my account/delete my game save so I can give it another shot. I was lucky enough for it work properly the third time thus unlocking trophy and platinum.

Game is designed that way that your save data is located on Ubisoft servers and not on your PS4. To make things even worse, game does not have option to start a New Game from scratch, so in case anything goes wrong (and trust me a lot does) you are permanently stuck with unobtainable Trophy/Platinum. Furthermore, The Crew support has ended mid 2018 or so and it will not be patched or fixed ever at this point.

If you don't care about completion too much, play it as the game is awesome, fun, enjoyable... but if you do care avoid it at any cost on your main account.

• Like 3

"The Extra Mile" and "Versatile Showman" can glitch on you, and the only rescue is if Ubisoft reset your stats on their end since everything is saved on the servers. It happened to 2 of my friends in the past few months. I haven't heard of anyone getting this done in the past 2 years or so though so you'd be facing a real uphill struggle to get it done in 2020 I feel. It'd obviously be the course of action to take should it happen. The trophy triggers in the game are based on the in-game award for the respective trophy popping, but the awards for the aforementioned two trophies are very buggy and just freeze at a random % in the 90s, most commonly 98% for The Extra Mile. 

• Like 1

Yes, versatile showman glitched for me, one of my completed did not register and replayed them all without success.  Did not try Extra Mile.

That said, unless you are worried about a 100% profile, it is well worth a play.  I enjoyed it much more than any Need for Speed game.

Not sure what % of the population the glitch impacts, it might be a small subset of us.

• Like 4

Thank you for all the input.

I started to 100% my games this year. I have games that can not be completed (Ex: Evolve). However, I am pushing those to the bottom of the history by only pulling up the ones that can be completed.

Therefore, I am on the fence as this feels like throwing a dice.

• 3 weeks later...

Both versatile showman and extra mile glitched on me. I cant even begin to describe how annoyed i get when looking at  my list for The Crew, knowing i have obtained the platinum but the trophy glitches prevent me from ever obtaining it. I tried to push Ubisoft to delete my save close to ten times, but they refuse.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I platted this a few months ago after 150 hours. Mega fun, does get reaaaaal grindy at the end with the mileage trophies but just grizz through it. I personally had no problems with glitches at all.. I know this is a common complaint but from my perspective, the only issue I had was being disconnected (due to MY internet connection) during the 4 hour co-op race at the 3 hour mark. 

I read up about the trophy and I raced the whole thing in single player, then stopped just before the finish line, added one of my online friends to my crew, they accepted then crossed the line. This worked! I would say just make sure to add a few common players met while playing so you will always have people online who can join. 

Fun game, so much better than the second in my opinion. Have fun!

Edited by s_cubasteve
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, s_cubasteve said:

I platted this a few months ago after 150 hours. Mega fun, does get reaaaaal grindy at the end with the mileage trophies but just grizz through it. I personally had no problems with glitches at all.. I know this is a common complaint but from my perspective, the only issue I had was being disconnected (due to MY internet connection) during the 4 hour co-op race at the 3 hour mark. 

I read up about the trophy and I raced the whole thing in single player, then stopped just before the finish line, added one of my online friends to my crew, they accepted then crossed the line. This worked! I would say just make sure to add a few common players met while playing so you will always have people online who can join. 

Did you have any dlc installed when going for the platinum?

• 3 weeks later...

How about the trophy "Podium Placing"? I'm in a crew of 4, all in the same faction, and when I go to PvP event there's no option for faction vs faction. Could someone who's gotten that trophy explain the best way to find a faction vs faction game?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 0:34 PM, s_cubasteve said:

It's definitely better than '2.' By.......miles! I don't need planes or boats, just give me better looking cities as there are in this. Yesterday, i fired this up because i needed to relax from the tension of TLOU2 and MLB '20 The show. I just drove around and smiled, because this game is special. I'm going to try to Plat this now in June/July 2020. I NEVER uninstalled this game as it is still my favorite racing game on PS4. Phenomenal game. I have to get lucky and find boosters that still have this.

Edited by TheGoaler
  • Like 2

My two cents:

Got three most bugged trophies without any problem. I mean The Extra Mile, Versatile Showman and Rough Terrain. 

Looking at the things that prevented some of you from getting beloved platinum trophy, it's a list with a things that works with my run:

-Game in Ultimate Editon on disc

-All DLC installed

-No blue screen of death or any errors

-One logoff from server (maintenance)

-Using only one car for all types of vehicle (Dodge Challenger)

-No PS+

-Through the game, I complete only four skills (after 50lvl one of them change to platinum)

-Through the game, after 50lvl gain platinum medals in 13 missions.

-Trophies from complete missions on platinum medals in specific type of vehicle popped up after getting 51lvl. (medals what I mentioned above)

-After beating the game I going to complete Versatile Showman, after this maxed all cars doing gold medals in skills, then platinum medals on missions and finally Rough Terrain grinding so hard in canyon, using rubber on controller (from 300 kilometers to 3219 using this method is around 16 hours of continuous playing)

Hope that help.

Edited by VectroV
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 0:42 PM, TheGoaler said:

It's definitely better than '2.' By.......miles! I don't need planes or boats, just give me better looking cities as there are in this. Yesterday, i fired this up because i needed to relax from the tension of TLOU2 and MLB '20 The show. I just drove around and smiled, because this game is special. I'm going to try to Plat this now in June/July 2020. I NEVER uninstalled this game as it is still my favorite racing game on PS4. Phenomenal game. I have to get lucky and find boosters that still have this.

I like both The Crew and The Crew 2 quite a bit, but yes am probably partial to the first one.  Don’t know why the graphics are worse in the second one, the buildings really look last gen.  I know it is a huge world but still.

I don’t care for flying but I did enjoy the speciality vehicles like dirt bikes, power boats, etc.

Shame the Versatile Showman glitched on me but as you said, part of the fun of The Crew is just cruising around, locating different sites. 

• 2 years later...