any recommended walkthroughs for this and the 2nd game?

RJP_X

if there's any complete walk throughs that cover the general game and the trophies?

i beat the 1st one on dreamcast when i was a kid, and remember having the guide of the game for use. never got a chance to play the 2nd game. well the collection is on sale for $12 on the playstation store thinking of giving it a go. just only disappointed that 3 didn't finish the story, and who knows if it will ever get closure at this point. still had a ton of fun with the 1st game years back. 

For the first game I used this guide

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/7599-shenmue-walkthrough-guide-every-solution-for-ryo-s-quest-for-revenge

And for the second I used this one.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/561258-shenmue-ii/faqs/26765

The only minor issue with using the GameFAQs one is you have to take account that they are describing different controls but it's not a big deal.

For the trophies the trophy guides on here are fine to use. I recall the only issue I had with the second trophy guide was one of the descriptions for one of the missable trophies was off but I'm pretty sure the GameFAQs guide has it set up where you can get the trophy by just following it even if it pre-dates trophies.

probably not going to start the 2nd game straight away, but was wondering if you should bother transferring your save? it appears as if some of the missables might be more of a pain if you did. 

getting pretty close to finishing, its great especially for nostalgia as i've beaten this game 2-3 times in my younger days, but damn i forgot just how much waiting there is. kinda killing it for me to play the 2nd game for the first time for quite awhile.