TV to purchase with my PS4?

Legend

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I can get some assistance for those who are familiar with Televisions and such.  When it comes to Gaming TVs, I have no knowledge on them whatsoever.  I've been playing my PS3 on my iMac computer monitor for the past couple of years, and I believe it is time for me to upgrade to something bigger and better.  I was thinking of purchasing a new TV to use to play my PS4 on (when it's released).  However, I don't know what I should be looking for so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My price range is about $1,000 USD.  I'm looking for something about 50 inches.  I was told to look into Vizios, but I was also told to stay away from them.  I'm assuming LED TV's are best for gaming? Help me out guys.  And thanks! :)

How about the Sharp AQUOS 60" Class 1080P 120Hz Edge Lit LED Smart HDTV LC60C6500U if you are a costco member.... its only 999.99 and its pretty good for its price AND size. Plus you know the awesomeness of costco? return in 90days if you dont like it.....

350-860650-847__1.jpgoos350-860650-847__2.jpgoos350-860650-847__4.jpgoos350-860650-847__6.jpg

Edit: Oh and i would stay away from Vizio... 

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Personally I'd look on Craigslist. I bought a basically brand new (less than 6 months old) 52" Sony Bravia 1080P HD television which retailed for over $2K for right around $500. It still has the factory and store warranty and is an absolutely amazing television. There are some amazing deals out there, especially with kids going to college not wanting to lug their massive televisions with them and wanting the extra spending money for whatever they want. 

The brands I'd recommend are Sony, Samsung and LG, in that order. LED or LCD doesn't really matter but in general LED televisions will look slightly better but honestly not enough to where it makes a difference. 

Parker

Sony is the best brand in my opininon followed by Samsung. I recently started finishing my basement for a man cave and I actually went with a roof mounted projector, they actually cost around the same as a 50-60'' TV but it covers the entire wall lol. Only negative I researched is the cost of switching the special lightbulbs which is about $200 every 4 months or so (but that's because I use it every day for 4 hours at elast for gaming) lol

If you must go "Sony" because yes we all know Sony is better when it comes to TV and its always nice to team up your "Sony" PS4 with a Sony Tv....

The Sony Internet TV KDL-50R550A - 50 in LED-backlit LCD TV - 1080p (FullHD) is pretty good. It should have some good reviews if not 5/5stars. It goes for about 900$ and is capable of good quality HD 3D. Im sure PS4 will have more 3D games in the near future. So its nice to have the option to go 3D if you ever feel like it. The picture quality is amzing.

I have a 60" inch vizio led and absolutely love it. It took a little while to get used to it going from a 37" vizio but once I did its been perfect for gaming and blu rays. My wife and I got it back around christmas. since then we've had three people who were over to our place and saw how excellent the picture quality was and they also ended up buying the tv within a week of seeing ours.  It has a game mode(which I've found quite useful and with it turned on I notice no input lag) and plenty of hdmis so you can hook your ps3, ps4 and whatever else you want to it. Plus its a smart tv so you can stream pandora ( I have surroud sound so it sounds awesome) youtube, check your fantasy football among many other apps.  It also conviently fits your budget at $978

this is it if your curious:  http://www.samsclub.com/sams/60-vizio-led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/prod7800663.ip?searchTerm=vizio%20e601

also here is a review: http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/vizio-e601i-a3/4505-6482_7-35477662.html

We were on about the same budget as you when we we're buying our tv and this one just seemed like the absolute most bang for your buck 8 months ago, I however havent paid much attention to whats come out since we bought ours so maybe something better is out now?

Edited by mundial1345