PlayStation 5 & The New Year

TrophyChief

For 2020 my main gaming goal would be actually finishing Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings on PC. As for playstation... Completing part of my backlog and at least one street fighter game. 

On the fence about ps5, i will decide when it will be actually released. I want to see the actual launching products before paying that sum of money. 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

Finishing at least 90% of my PS4/PS3/Vita backlog by the time the PS5 rolls around is priority one. One of the first things I'll be doing next decade is compiling a master list for my backlog. I'd say I'm maybe 77% through with it at present so it's an attainable goal for sure.

Secondly, squeezing what I can out of the unplatinumable (see, I can make cromulent words too) games I can never get rid of, and laying them out in some sort of systematic order, then unhiding them.

Thirdly... to have more fun with games. Completing objectives one and two will help immensely with this.

• Like 1

For me, working through my last PS3 games. My PS4 backlog is so large at this point it's impossible to finish.

As for PS5 I will get it on day one, as for games in 2020 I think I will not buy anymore games for PS4. I am assuming the must haves will get upgrades for PS5 and I would rather play the superior versions of those games.

• Like 1

continue to try and make a dent in the backlog, get my 500th plat in April so my 501st can be terminator to as a shootout to 10 years and my 1st plat being terminator salvation.

no rush to get the ps5, waiting to see if there's going to be a new psvr, then will probs get them both as a bundle at some stage in the next year or so.

• Like 1

PS5 will likely be my first ever Day One console buy. May even get the new Xbox as well if they unveil an interesting lineup of exclusives as something to show for all those studios Microsoft bought up. 

I had a lot going on this year and so didn't quite reach my trophy goals, or even played as much as I wanted to. I've been focused a lot on my backlog that new games took a massive backseat, I think of all my plats so far, only two are from games that released this year! May try to play one new game for every three old games I complete. My provisional goal for December 31st 2020 is to have 100 platinums in total while avoiding EZPZ's as much as possible.

• Like 2

Goals: PS3 backlog and finish some PS4 Games specifically I want to finish the Final Fantasy game i have not platinumed yet and Then get rid of any mp game for PS3 so i never have to worry about server shutdowns. Dropping everything when FF VII remake comes out and playing that then going back to the grind.

• Like 2

I will continue to work on what I have and earn as many trophies and plats as I can. Most importantly have fun. I am already planning to have PS5 on day 1 (just like I did with PS4) and if it is truly PS4 backwards compatible than I will most likely sell my PS4. I don't have a lot of room. It would be to much to still have a PS3, PS4 and PS5.

• Like 1

I'm getting a PS5 day one, the loading speeds alone is worth the purchase. Kingdom hearts 3 loading times were so aweful I can't wait for a PS5.  I will keep chipping away at my backlog while buying any exclusives and interesting indie games I see.  

My goal is 5-6 more UR plats this year and maybe 20 more plats.  The dream is to make 100 this year but I am also stopping doing easy plats so I doubt I will reach 100.

• Like 1

As long my PS4 is still running at the time of PS5 release I don't plan on getting it anytime soon. There are so many games I haven't even played on PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox (I don't even count around 1 000 PC games I own and super old consoles like Jaguar, Commodore, Atari, etc). It's always the same story, I get a new console/device, buy tons of games and end up playing only a fraction of them.

So, my plan is to finish all PS4 games (don't care about the completion rate, just want to finish the main campaigns/main quest lines, etc).

• Like 1

I waited and got a PS3 slim and a PS4 slim.  I don't buy at launch.  But I might skip PS5 altogether.  Sony hasn't made an affordable and durable console in 2 decades, so I expect the PS5 to be a broken mess as well.  And since consumerism seems to be the way most folks wish to go, that won't help matters.  The concept of 'just buy a new one' when a sub-2 year old PS4 dies is insanity, but that's been the norm when talking to 'enthusiasts' for many years now.  Since there's no accountability and no quality, I'll work on my backlog as long as I can before the consoles I have finish falling apart.  It's kind of sad that every single model of Playstation since the PS3 has basically fallen apart within a few years, meanwhile consoles from 30-40 years ago are still going strong.  My PS3 slim stopped reading discs after a couple years.  My PS4 slim, which is less than 2 years old, has the same problem.  I've run into numerous people who have the same problem.  The problem extends to PS4 Pro as well.  I expect no less from PS5.  It's just not worth the money.

• Like 1

Picking up the PS5 day one. Hopefully there are some great exclusives day one like Horizon Zero Dawn sequel or Spiderman sequel but I'll probably pick some games up regardless. First thing I'll do is play Warframe on it to see how it looks. 

As far as trophies go I'd like to get back into getting platinums. I've already stopped buying easy platinum games but I want to go back through and get finish platinums for games I enjoyed like God of War and Dragon Age Inquisition. I'll definitely keep burying my completion percentage and buying games regardless of trophies. 

• Like 1

I dunno if I'll get the PS5 at launch. I don't really even have the room for it right now with 8 consoles hooked up to my TV currently. Same goes for the Fridgebox Xbox Series X. I got the PS4 and Xbox One both at launch and kinda regret it for both since neither had particularly great games for the first year or so, and I was mainly still gaming on my PS3 and 360. I may or may not wait for revisions for the PS5/XSX.

I kinda wanna fully complete my backlog for one of my systems before I get the PS5, but I have a pretty sizeable backlog for all my consoles (except the PS2, which is a slim model and is barely taking up any space anyway) so it'll likely be 2022 or beyond by that point. Assuming the PS5 is indeed fully backwards compatible with everything on the PS4, I could at least always just pack that up and put the PS5 in its place. I still have my fingers crossed it will also be backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games (and PS3 but I highly doubt), even if only digitally. I'm still really disappointed they never brought the PS1 and PS2 classics to PS4, at least not cross-platform for the PS2 games.

My main goal for this year is to slowly but surely make my way through my remaining PS3 backlog, which is mostly JRPGs. I'm hoping to at least clear 10 games off that backlog list this year, and it's currently at about 20-25 games. It's helped that a fair few games that were in my backlog have been ported to PS4, because now I can just delay those games even longer I don't need to worry about completing them on my PS3 any more at least.

I've never cared too much for trophy completion percentage, but I wanna try and keep it above 50% at the very least. As for plats, I hope to reach 175 plats by the end of this year, but they aren't my main focus any more currently, so I won't really care if I barely earn any plats this year.

Overall, I hope to complete at least 50 games by the end of 2020, not counting any replays. My backlog has hit over 1,000 games total this year thanks to splurging on a lot of sales and just splurging in general. I doubt it will ever go down because I buy games quicker than I complete them, but I at least want it sticking around 1,000 and hopefully, possibly, going down just a tad bit in the future.

• Like 2

I will not get a PS5 on launchday. I have enough games for my PS3 and Vita. I also entered the current generation pretty late (effectively 2018, I think). So I will be quite busy. Also going to wait for the PS5 Pro and I will not get the first revision, because we all know early adopters get a penality. The first PS3 sounds like a vacuum cleaner. The first PS4 sounds like hairdryer. The first PS4 Pro sounds like a ducking jet engine. I have the 7200-series Pro (RDR2 bundle) and I am quite impressed how silent it is. My laptop is louder...

My goals... huh... Well, I want to get done with the PS3. And I want to bump up my completion rate towards 92.5% or something like that.

My strategy... I guess there is not really a strategy. I think my trophy list has a good mix between genres I like, games I seriously want to play, and games I am playing to "relax" (read: easy platinum). But I have multiple hundreds of games in my backlog, so it is not even its final form! And because I am going to drop PS+ (and because of my anxiety) I am thinking about ignoring games with online trophies in the future. I am not playing that many AAA-games anyway.

On 27/12/2019 at 2:42 AM, travisaurasrex12 said:

My biggest plan right now is to platinum or 100% most of the games that start with A on the ps4 at the end of this year I have made ok progress so far but hopefully by end of year I have it beat

That is strangely specific ?

In my case im gonna continue with my backlog and wait for some announcemente that make me think about buying the PS5, until now the only interesting thing is the backward compatibility but is not something that make me think about a day 1 purchase

The same as all previous years: getting the platinum for, at least, 12 games. 

I dont know when I'm going to buy the PS5. I think I will wait until there are a good number of titles of interest, and the price drops, since in my country new consoles are pretty expensive at launch. So maybe 1, no more than 2 years after release. I still have plenty of games to play on PS3, 4 and Vita, so there is no need to rush. 

• 1 month later...

My main goals before the PS5 comes a-calling are:

Less than 50 incomplete games (58 currently)

Less than 1000 unearned trophies (1145 currently)

Both should be eminently do-able, though adding new games is always easier than finishing old ones ;) 

Reckon I’ll be re-instating my old pre-PS4 rule: two existing games to 100% for every new one added to the list

I dont want much, but it would of been nice with these couple of things:

1) Trophytracker(which i am 99% certain will happen)

2) Tracker for spent time on each game, aswell a overall tracke for all the games played.

3) ability to turn of lightbar.

4) ps3 battery life on controllers,(this doesent bother me, since i have 10+ controllers and charging stations, but it would of been nice tho)

4) Games that are under 5h(side and collectibles tho, this should actually be 10h in my opinion), should not quallify for a platinum at all, only 100%!

5) less laggy Ps store. And no cencorship, if i wanna cuss, im free to do that, if i wanna call my chat cussing words i should be allowed to do that, its 2020! Not 1990!

Thats about it,  hopefully some of this will come?

Posted in wrong thread

Edited by DividedByMankind
Posted in wrong thread:(