Does the Leave Group Boosting Method Still Work?

Chocolat_GiddyUp

Hi just started this game.

Does the method of leaving group still work for a 1vs1 boosting scenario? Even with the implementation of Role Que does this method work?

Is there anything outdated (except for for role que) in this trophy guide?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7502-overwatch-origins-edition-boosting-guide

3 hours ago, tickleMeWhiSkeY_ said:

How? I tried five times and it wouldn’t place us in different teams. How often did it work?

Did you make sure to avoid your boosting partners as teammates? You can select that option from the view profile menu, and you'll also need to make sure that there is atleast one person not on your friendslist before you're able to select the option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, afcwill97 said:

Did you make sure to avoid your boosting partners as teammates? You can select that option from the view profile menu, and you'll also need to make sure that there is atleast one person not on your friendslist before you're able to select the option.

Ah good tip, the avoid teammate feature!

That can be helpful.

Edited by Typical PSNPee User

i wasnt really going to boost this game as i wanted to do it legit but im getting worried about destroying 3 teleporters from symetra as i played 9 days straight and only saw 3 symetras. i tried the leave option thing and even with me hovering over it i just cant leave it in time as my reaction is to slow so i guess i need to do it hardd way

• Like 1

Use avoid teammate method. Friend boost partner. Go into a game to get them into your recent players(it can be any game). Unfriend boost partner. Restart game because overwatch doesn’t recognise your not friends anymore. Avoid them as teammates through you recent players. Have them invite you. Queue for a game and it should work. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 11:59 PM, tickleMeWhiSkeY_ said:

Use avoid teammate method. Friend boost partner. Go into a game to get them into your recent players(it can be any game). Unfriend boost partner. Restart game because overwatch doesn’t recognise your not friends anymore. Avoid them as teammates through you recent players. Have them invite you. Queue for a game and it should work. 

It should but it is not working. Why? Ask Blizzard. I did it over 10 times and tried every single combination. Me and my boosting partner have each other under ‘Avoid as a teammate’ and are not even friends on PS4. We even tried leaving the group in the last second and it never worked.

EDIT: I don't know why nobody pointed this out but in order for this trick to work only you OR your boosting partner must leave the group when the match is found, not both of you. Also, you MUST be different classes otherwise you'll end up in the same team no matter what.

Edited by Amonares

Ive just started this game so I'm looking for some help with it.

I'm familiar with how the boosting used to work having boosted this game on X-Box. But i fear role queue has changed the boosting around a bit.

If anyone would like to try boosting it, send me Friend Request stating OW boosting

On 29-12-2019 at 11:59 PM, tickleMeWhiSkeY_ said:
On 4-1-2020 at 2:50 PM, Dark Prince said:

It should but it is not working. Why? Ask Blizzard. I did it over 10 times and tried every single combination. Me and my boosting partner have each other under ‘Avoid as a teammate’ and are not even friends on PS4. We even tried leaving the group in the last second and it NEVER worked. Which algorithms are they using to put us on the same team? God only knows...

EDIT: I don't know why nobody pointed this out but in order for this trick to work only you OR your boosting partner must leave the group when the match is found, not both of you. Also, you MUST be different classes otherwise you'll end up in the same team no matter what.

after almost 4 weeks of nonstop play i finally met against a 3th symetra and got the trophy legit. thanks for explaining it more clearly tho as i might need to do baptise. i thought it was already bad enough to get 2500 damage amplified but then i saw u cant die asswel and then i saw if i get the trophy it will enter my rarest trophies so it must be hard i assume

• Like 1

• 2 years later...