Connected World

Adam

I am playing this game now (at episode 10) and I thought the world would be more connected than this. If each player built one zipline, then the entire map would be connected together.

How does it work exactly? Is the world not shared? Is it server based? Would I get different buildings/structures if i hop servers? or maybe not a lot of people play it?

Can someone help me understand?!

not every single player is connected. It works more like how Dark Souls does asymmetrical multiplayer. You'll only see people on your "server"s structures rather than every single players structures. At least that's how I understand it.

You will see some structures by certain players but you can improve your chances of seeing certain players' structures by making a contract with them in the Bridge option of the pause menu or the terminal wherever you're resting at. So if you see a random zipline that's not connected to another, you're seeing one of their structures and to them it will make sense but for you it probably won't. But making a contract with them will mean that you will see more of their ziplines or whatever other structures they have built.

Generally you will want to make contracts with other players that have a high amount of Likes since that means a lot of people found their structures helpful. And despite the name, making a contract just means you will see their stuff more. It's not like you have to do anything for them or something like that.

But yeah, if everyone was connected like that then there would be a clusterfuck of ziplines everywhere and there wouldn't be a need to make anything else. The only way it kind of works in the sense that multiple people make something are the highways where multiple people can contribute resources to the highway and have it built and help keep it maintained.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

You will see some structures by certain players but you can improve your chances of seeing certain players' structures by making a contract with them in the Bridge option of the pause menu or the terminal wherever you're resting at. So if you see a random zipline that's not connected to another, you're seeing one of their structures and to them it will make sense but for you it probably won't. But making a contract with them will mean that you will see more of their ziplines or whatever other structures they have built.

Generally you will want to make contracts with other players that have a high amount of Likes since that means a lot of people found their structures helpful. And despite the name, making a contract just means you will see their stuff more. It's not like you have to do anything for them or something like that.

But yeah, if everyone was connected like that then there would be a clusterfuck of ziplines everywhere and there wouldn't be a need to make anything else. The only way it kind of works in the sense that multiple people make something are the highways where multiple people can contribute resources to the highway and have it built and help keep it maintained.

Ok, I will try that.

Thanks