How was your gaming year? (2019 edition)

tnaires

Glad someone made this thread. Using my numbers from last year:

:bronze: 8489 -> 9829 (+1340)

:silver: 3215 -> 4274 (+1059)

:gold: 1442 -> 2988 (+1546)

:platinum: 255 -> 429 (+174)

PSN Level 53 -> 75 (+22)

Total trophies 13,408 -> 17,520 (+4112)

Best Game - Doom

Honorable Mention - Torchlight 2, Dark Cloud, Last Jedi, Child of Light, Livelock, Transistor, Riddled Corpses, Magicka 2, Bulletstorm

Worst Game - Munchkin: Quacked Quest

Dishonorable Mention - Devious Dungeon 2, Warlock's Tower, Samael Legacy, Paraiso Island, Tower of Dragonasia, Hex Tunnel Touch

• Like 4

Best year so far:

:bronze: 3999 -> 6116(+2117)

:silver: 2093 -> 3568(+1475)

:gold: 739 -> 2033(+1294)

:platinum: 149 -> 324(+175)

Trophies overall: 6,980‬ -> 12041(+5061)

Games completed(including games without platinum): 221

Best games: Sekiro shadows die twice, Surgeon Simulator, Nioh, Riddled Corpses EX, Doom

Worst games: Claire Extended cut, InnerSpace, Nextgen Sandbox, Paraiso Island, Black Mirror, Kitten squad

• Like 3

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2144 to 3052 (+908)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 810 to 1346 (+536)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 325 to 541 (+216)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 64 to 111 (+47)

PSN Level:  From 22 to 28

Overall trophies gained: 1707

Best games: Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (JP import), Ys Lacrimosa of Dana, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Persona 5, Legend of the Tetrarchs, Monochrome Order, and lots more. 

Worst games: Gem Smashers, SwapQuest, Omega Quintet, Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2, htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary

Honestly probably my best year as far as sheer number of trophies.  I discovered Kemco RPGs and ended up getting the plat in nearly every one of their games because they were pretty fun and addictive.  Nearly everything I played this year was newly started, I only went back and finished off the games I didn't finish in 2018.  I'm very glad to be ending the year with no games started in 2019 left unfinished on PSN at least (Steam is another story entirely).

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 4

:bronze: Trophies: from 492 to 637 (+145)
:silver: Trophies: from 180 to 223 (+43)
:gold: Trophies: from 69 (nice) to 88 (+19)
:platinum: Trophies: from 13 to 16 (+3)

PSN Level:  From 12 to 13 (+1)

(I'm also like 1 trophy away from the HZD plat)

This year has been really quiet for me, mainly due to being in the second year of my Uni course and the workload ramping up. I'm looking to get into my backlog of games before the influx of 2020 games.

Best Game: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Beautiful graphics, seamless gameplay, enthralling story. Up there now with my favourite games of all time.

Worst Game: Steep

Never really got into it. Only played for a couple days though so...

• Like 4

My 2019 included amazing games : Batman Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, NieR Automata, Tricky Towers, Horizon Zero Dawn, Resident Evil 7.

It also included some awful games : Rime, Need for Speed Rivals, DriveClub Bikes, I am Setsuna. 

I guess everything balances out.

• Like 4

I don't keep track of bronze/silv/gold earned yearly. But overall last year i had 1547 trophies.. right now im sitting at 1514 trophies earned. Having to get 33 trophies in 3 days shouldn't be hard. Depends how busy i am. But i picked up Bioshock collection and aiming to just rush all 3. at least the first before years end and start the 2nd. Target is 50% trophies on each one. Though likely not getting to 3rd game before 2020. 

Platinum i didnt care about getting anything other than #100 this year which i achieved with Jedi Fallen Order.  As for 2020... too many games coming out. Just going back to playing for fun. Getting the odd trophies. May plat FF7 Remake if its not a pain.

EDIT: 

Dec31 to Current

Bronze: 7356 -> 8526 (+1170)

Silver: 2079 -> 2343 (+264)

Gold: 552 -> 622 (+70)

Plat: 88 -> 100 (+12)

Total: 10077 -> 11591 (+1514)

*target 1550*

one of my top 3 yrs of gaming. maybe top 2 if i get 33 trophies within the few days left. Top was 1763 in 2016.

Edited by LegacyJKO09
ADDED TROPHY COUNT
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I don't keep track of bronze/silv/gold earned yearly. But overall last year i had 1547 trophies.. right now im sitting at 1514 trophies earned. Having to get 33 trophies in 3 days shouldn't be hard. Depends how busy i am. But i picked up Bioshock collection and aiming to just rush all 3. at least the first before years end and start the 2nd. Target is 50% trophies on each one. Though likely not getting to 3rd game before 2020. 

Platinum i didnt care about getting anything other than #100 this year which i achieved with Jedi Fallen Order.  As for 2020... too many games coming out. Just going back to playing for fun. Getting the odd trophies. May plat FF7 Remake if its not a pain.

You don't need to keep track.  Go to stats on your profile and look for December 31st 2018 and that will give the number of each type of trophy you had on that day.

• Like 3

Bronze:  2221 to 2878

Silver:  497 to 701

Gold:  115 to 172

Plat:  25 to 33

Level:  17 to 20

Favs:  Tales of Xillia, Trails of Cold Steel I+II, Deemo Reborn

Tales of Xillia is a strong contender for beating Abyss as my favorite.  I knew about the Kiseki series, but never played them before a couple months ago and fell in love.  And Deemo is Deemo.

Least Fav:  Bladestorm: Nightmare

I'm going back to it, but I was expecting Dynasty Warriors gameplay.

Started off this year pretty strong.  Got at least a Plat a month through April.  Seven of the eight I got happened in the first four months.  This is also the year I tanked my completion by adding everything I had in my backlog to my list.

Edited by Ilzaki
  • Like 3

Final count for the year:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 6951 to 7461 (+510)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 2113 to 2270 (+157)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 609 to 690 (+81)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 126 to 141 (+15)

PSN Level: from 37 to 39 (+2)

Top 5 games I played

1. Devil May Cry 5

2. Persona Q2 (3DS)

3. Judgment

4. God of War

5. Ratchet and Clank

Worst game I played

Monster Energy Supercross

Edited by jantrick2
  • Like 2

@Serethyn - Your list is hitting me in my weak spot right now. After a few VN's that just didn't connect with me, Chaos;Child reminded me how good the genre can be and I've been seeking out quite a few since. What would be your highest rec on the list (already played the Ace Attorneys, Utawarerumono, and AI is in the backlog)? I am fine with otome if the story and characters are top notch.

As for my 2019, I finished fewer than 20 titles for the first time since 2010. I didn't play any less, just focused more on longer, higher priority games. My highlights are:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

4. Chaos;Child

5. Tales of Berseria

6. Papers, Please

I earned 13 plats in 2019, and should earn the Muv Luv plat before the clock strikes midnight tomorrow for #14.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, awf9495 said:

@Serethyn - Your list is hitting me in my weak spot right now. After a few VN's that just didn't connect with me, Chaos;Child reminded me how good the genre can be and I've been seeking out quite a few since. What would be your highest rec on the list (already played the Ace Attorneys, Utawarerumono, and AI is in the backlog)? I am fine with otome if the story and characters are top notch.

Fatal Twelve, Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly, London Detective Mysteria, and Worldend Syndrome would be my highest recommendations on the list. Looking at your trophy list, I wonder, have you also considered Collar x Malice, The House in Fata Morgana, or Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony?

• Like 2

:bronze:  3700 -> 4,514 (+814)

:silver:  1625 -> 2,042 (+417)

:gold:  964 -> 1,348(+384)

:platinum:   172 -> 225(+53)

Total trophies -> 1668+

Best Game - 

L2e514a.png

This game stole my heart(pun intended). Even though I'm not the biggest jrpg fan this game stole my life for almost 2 weeks of non stop playing. I can't wait for the Royal edition in 2020 because that's already pre-ordered for me :D 

Honorable Mentions

Days gone (great game but the DLC is one of the few I just skipped which killed my 100% flow)

Resident Evil 2 Remake - Probably everyone here knows about this game by name. I just loved the horror vibe. I remember playing it at night with my lights off and some things just scared the living hell out of me.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I've got to admit this game cost me a controller and made me rage like never before. But after a week of just ignoring it and picking it back up something just clicked and everything went smooth towards my platinum. A platinum I'm very proud of to have.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-FueledI love Crash it's one of  the few games I used to play with my dad and all these remakes just brings me back to those days <3 

Death Stranding: Music, story, unique gameplay, Norman Reedus, Kojima, graphics. I can go on this game is a masterpiece in my eyes

Worst Game - 

Lba8768.png

The game has nice graphics but the story just made no sense to me and I really hated it. I've always tried to like kingdom hearts but it just isn't for me. I really fought through it to keep my 100% otherwise I would have probably quit way faster..

Dishonorable Mention - 

All ratalaika games. Though I keep buying these trash games just for the sake of some easy games and time waste when I've got nothing to do. (Atleast I'm honest :awesome:)

Assassin's Creed Liberation Remasterd. Huge fan of the series but this game was just painful. Happy I rushed through it for the platinum.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture: Walking simulators.. I just saw an easy platinum but god this game was boring..

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 3

Never thought this would ever happen, like ever, but it did, thankfully and gratefully. This is the best year so far. 

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: 731 -> 1,002 (+271)

:silver: Silver Trophies: 268 -> 380 (+112)

:gold: Gold Trophies: 57 -> 115 (+58)

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: 18 -> 30 (+12)

:hidden: (Total Trophies): 1,074 -> 1,527 (+453)

Best game: Life is Strange

This is also became my 1,500th trophy milestone. So glad I got to play this. Amazing gameplay and story, beautiful soundtracks and environment, characters, etc. This game got me invested and I'm proud of that, and because of that, I'll be going extra lengths with the franchise. The choices were tedious and affected the story moving forward. I had fun exploring the places in Arcadia Bay and I can't wait to do the same in the sequel. 

Worst game: Magrunner: Dark Pulse

I felt repentant about every minute and hour spent on this. Some missions were glitchy, such as playing all the acts on Hard. Stupid camera control, as well as the sensitivity. I couldn't wait to beat it and never touch it. This taught me a lesson to do some more research, deep research before acquiring. 

_______

So that was it. This year's just hours away from closing, not to mention the decade, too. One thing I for sure failed to do was get a PS4. Another year where Santa or some "Christmas Spirit" or "Christmas Miracle" didn't come through with my one wish. Wanted to pursue gaming, but I guess that's how it is... now I don't know what's next for me. Missing out on so many good games makes me wonder if they'll even be around in years to come when I get to endure alone. I lost a PSN friend because I don't have a PS4 and got mad at me because I told him I was getting one, but that all turned out to be a farce.

So lucky to have discovered this site and this is nothing more than a place where I seek solace. Met so many good people on here and I thank you all for being who you are. 

I doubt I'll perform any better in 2020, because I'll be occupied with so many life activities. Hopefully one day I will come back full time with new consoles and pick up where I left off (if that'll even be possible, lol).  

• Like 3

:bronze: 10,145 -> 11,800 (+1,655)

:silver: 3,666 -> 4,294 (+628)

:gold: 1,238 -> 1,455 (+217)

:platinum: 293 -> 350 (+57)

Total: 15,342 -> 17,899 (+2,557)

Trophy Level: 55 -> 63

Best game: Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram

This game might have released without any trophies whatsoever, but that didn't matter to me. To be able to finally play it after years of thinking it wouldn't be localized, I was not disappointed at all. There was only one subpar story, all the rest were very engaging and it was a joy to revisit that world.

Worst game: Metal Gear Rising

I had a very strong year this year overall in terms of game quality, so there were very few games that I would even list as bad, but Metal Gear Rising... Wasn't a fan at all. The 1v1 fights are alright, but once you start introducing more than that the camera becomes a nuisance, and some of the fights are just horribly designed (the lobby fight in R-04 and the Armstrong fight in the Sam DLC being standouts for absolute garbage design.) The menus weren't very intuitive, the stealth was terrible, and overall it was just a rather bad game. At first I was going to put Gran Turismo 5 here instead, but that game overall gave me slightly more enjoyment I'd say.

• Like 2

Had a pretty quite year

:platinum: Platinum trophies - From 47 to 51

:gold: Gold trophies - From 228 to 246

:silver: Silver trophies - From 886 to 955

:bronze: Bronze trophies - From 3161 to 3334

Total - 263

PSN Level increased from 22 to 23

Best game: The Witcher III but best new game was Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Worst game: Prototype 2

• Like 2

I'm not really keeping tracks, but here are some of my stats using PSNP:

Went from level 13 to 18

+29 Platinums

My best game of 2019: Days Gone. Super fun game, nice gameplay, planitum and 100% DLC. Huge shout to Bend Studio.

Honorable mention: Sekiro, Control and Death Stranding

Worst game of 2019: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Used a guide for the 100% because of sheer boredom. Awful game.

• Like 1