By My Hand Alone trophy can go f*ck itself

HaserPL

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand your frustration. This trophy is so luck based it isn’t funny anymore. Many people claim it isn’t that hard but those people just got lucky. I took a year long break from that DLC because of this annoying trophy. No matter how many times I tried there was always an enemy death that was out of my control. I doubt I tried 520 times though, that is just a ridiculous amount. Hang in there and you’ll get lucky eventually!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I can understand your frustration. This trophy is so luck based it isn’t funny anymore. Many people claim it isn’t that hard but those people just got lucky. I took a year long break from that DLC because of this annoying trophy. No matter how many times I tried there was always an enemy death that was out of my control. I doubt I tried 520 times though, that is just a ridiculous amount. Hang in there and you’ll get lucky eventually!

Yeah, someday RNG just has to work in our favor, the question is, when will it be? 

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

The entire DLC can go fuck itself.

Or at least its trophies, I had fun with trials, beating my own records and trying to get to TOP 100 in them was fun and challenging, figuring out the best possible routes and strategies was damn satisfying. But whoever was responsible for the trophies probably thought "okay how can I screw with the players... Oh! I know how! Let's put totally RNG based trophies that will take hundreds upon hundreds tries! They're gonna love it!" 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

After an entire year of break, I decided to give this trophy a go as I was missing one trophy to hit 10k milestone. And I did it after 3/4 tries. I dunno, if it was luck or my 523/4 tries paid off in the end, but I am so glad it's fucking over. I will give it a go on PS4 one day, maybe will get more lucky than with this one.

Well done on finally getting it finished up, I remember it being a bitch and being something that really made me reconsider trophy hunting.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just came back to this DLC after nearly 10 years and was honestly dreading it from the infamous reputation of By My Hands Alone.

Honestly though? This wasn't too bad. I left By My Hands Alone til' last and judging from the time I got Void Star, to getting this, it took me just over an hour. I remember taking a small break in between so actually, it took me less than an hour. About 10-12 attempts?

I agree with the above comment, getting to round 6 is the toughest bit because once you have bend time, stopping them from killing each other is pretty easy.

For the tall boys I always started the round on the roof above the whale oil tank dispenser. This meant that which ever end they spawn at you can do bend time and very quickly get to them and do an instant aerial takedown.

I would honestly say I struggled more with the Daredevil than this but thats mostly fighting with the somewhat janky controls and the abysmal framerate of the PS3 version.

There's definitely some RNG involved with By My Hand Alone and you could argue that it's all luck but nah, with enough practice you can definitely do this. In all honesty I don't think this trophy is as bad as some make out. So if you're reading this, don't be put off! This is an amazing game and I had a tonne of fun doing this DLC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24.10.2022 at 10:28 AM, jonesey46 said:

I just came back to this DLC after nearly 10 years and was honestly dreading it from the infamous reputation of By My Hands Alone.

Honestly though? This wasn't too bad. I left By My Hands Alone til' last and judging from the time I got Void Star, to getting this, it took me just over an hour. I remember taking a small break in between so actually, it took me less than an hour. About 10-12 attempts?

I agree with the above comment, getting to round 6 is the toughest bit because once you have bend time, stopping them from killing each other is pretty easy.

For the tall boys I always started the round on the roof above the whale oil tank dispenser. This meant that which ever end they spawn at you can do bend time and very quickly get to them and do an instant aerial takedown.

I would honestly say I struggled more with the Daredevil than this but thats mostly fighting with the somewhat janky controls and the abysmal framerate of the PS3 version.

There's definitely some RNG involved with By My Hand Alone and you could argue that it's all luck but nah, with enough practice you can definitely do this. In all honesty I don't think this trophy is as bad as some make out. So if you're reading this, don't be put off! This is an amazing game and I had a tonne of fun doing this DLC.

It's not all, but 90% is rng, and 10% is a gold strategy. You can be prepared, hoard lots of mana elixirs and have the area's layout burned into your brain, but if the enemies are placed next to each other in a specific way, you won't make it. I've had several rounds where I used Bend Time upgraded as soon as the enemies spawned, managed to take out enemies in a single end of the arena, and in the 2/3 seconds of human reaction between the end of Bend Time, and the moment I used it again, a molotov guy killed either a dog or a Leeper, and screwed my run. Yes, you need to be able to think quickly to plan the best route as you play, but the game has to allow you to obtain it first.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Any tips how to get to the further rounds except luck? I basically followed a few guides online and am not sure if I do it right. Did anyone put springrazors on the two roofs for the assassins in the later rounds? Does that work?

i also throw a whale oil tank into groups in round 3 and 6 often. I can take out the Tallboys quiet consistent with drop assassinations, but my best run was 2 kills short. I mostly choke on rounds 5-7.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it, took me nearly two weeks (i just played on and off, not everday and just in the evening after work). That surely was one of the hardest and most frustrating trophy I ever got. While practice helps a lot, it still is too unfair for my taste. So many rounds you lose where you just had no possible chance to get to the enemy in time. A shame, otherwise it could have ben challenging and fun, but with random spawns and so many different factions and unfair kills it was more just a struggle.

• Like 1