Mechanics of the BTs

CaligoVenom

I'm having some issues understanding the mechanics of the BTs, maybe im not supposed to understand them since i'm only at chapter 2 but i've tried some experiments to try to understand them. I will take a list of the things i've tried and think i gotten right and some theories of the mechanic.

Im not after the definitive answers and spoilers but rather theories i might test out myself or peoples experiments on the subjects. 

1) The Spawning

I've tried to understand the spawnsystem. In early game where i am, the meetings are more scripted and based on location, i noticed the rain shows up at specific locations and when you go deeper into the locations, the BT spawns. My guess is that later games this will accure more random. 

2) Invisibility

I know that the best way to see them is by tapping R1 when your scanner is going wild, but some are just not showing whenever im using the R1 Button. My guess is that its either a glitch or some special kind of BT that does not work like the usual one. 

3) They respond to sound but not shouting? 

As said by the game, they react when you run, not tested this to much but its either me being stupid and run straight into them, or they move against the running sound. I've tried scanning those when i shout and No one is moving towards me when i use the TP, tried moving closer and closer but no response from them. 

On 29/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, CaligoVenom said:

2) Invisibility

I know that the best way to see them is by tapping R1 when your scanner is going wild, but some are just not showing whenever im using the R1 Button. My guess is that its either a glitch or some special kind of BT that does not work like the usual one.

To fully see them, you need to stop moving. The odradek scanner helps to better see where they are, but you may want to pay closer attention to the sound your odradek emits and to the direction it is facing. It's literally hot potato, so you'll get the hang of it. It's deffinitely not a glitch.

On 29/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, CaligoVenom said:

3) They respond to sound but not shouting? 

As said by the game, they react when you run, not tested this to much but its either me being stupid and run straight into them, or they move against the running sound. I've tried scanning those when i shout and No one is moving towards me when i use the TP, tried moving closer and closer but no response from them.

BTs react to sound, but also to movement. If you keep getting trapped by them, try to change your approach to the situation. You get suggested to move slower, and you can bypass entire areas just by doing that. As for the voice commands and BTs reacting to those, I've also tried to shout next to them, didn't get an answer (fortunately), but never payed too much attention.

EDIT: Just tried to get a "response" from a BT almost next to it, Sam shouted, BT started chasing, blood everywhere. They react to voice commands, but within a certain range.

Edited by Folkenio