Post Your Newest PS3 Game

LeeMcD-

9 hours ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

Somehow only just found out GTA San Andreas had been ported to PS3, went and bought a copy straight away. Also the PS4 port seems to be digital only, but currently full-price, gonna wait and see if my willpower breaks before the price decreases.

Just a sidenote the PS3 version is a HD mobile port and the sole one of the PS3 releases to have a trophy list. The PS4 version is the proper PS2 game running under emulation. So they're going to run different, PS3 has some gameplay changes while the PS4 will be more faithful to the original (well, because it is the original...) Both are missing some of the original soundtrack due to licensing. The PS4 GTA Trilogy ((includes III, VC, SA) has been on 17,95 sale two-three times already with something like 7,95 for individual titles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ars said:

Just a sidenote the PS3 version is a HD mobile port and the sole one of the PS3 releases to have a trophy list. The PS4 version is the proper PS2 game running under emulation. So they're going to run different, PS3 has some gameplay changes while the PS4 will be more faithful to the original (well, because it is the original...) Both are missing some of the original soundtrack due to licensing. The PS4 GTA Trilogy ((includes III, VC, SA) has been on 17,95 sale two-three times already with something like 7,95 for individual titles.

Thanks for the info. I knew it was the only one with trophies which is the main reason I bought it. Hopefully they put the PS4 trilogy on sale again. No matter how much a game is "upgraded" from PS2 its going to look pretty dated, unless it is fully remade, but that's not an important issue for me for ports. Got the game in the post today, but could be a while before I play as I want to concentrate on my growing PS4 backlog.