Post Your Newest PS3 Game

LeeMcD-

I've been on a ps3 kick lately, I just played MGS2 for the first time ever via the Master collection. (and loved it!) I also recently picked up sealed copies of Unreal Tournament 3, Binary Domain, and Drakengard 3 which have all been added to my ever widening backlog.

I was feeling nostalgic and did recently pick up a new copy of 無双OROCHI2. I couldn't read Japanese very well when I first played it 10 years ago, but I'm far more proficient at it now and have determined to go for the platinum!

• Like 3

2 more games arrived:

grand theft auto san andreas (ps3)

terminator salvation (ps3)

terminator salvation is getting instant priority after i finish trails of cold steel 3. i have 2 more games on the way 

both of them are games i have on other platforms (one is a foreign trophy stack).

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Valkyries_04 said:

51cBhZLhncL._AC_SX385_.jpg

I also bought this game recently because it was quite rare. Still sitting on my shelf. I'm curious to hear what you think of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a3069namebke said:

I also bought this game recently because it was quite rare. Still sitting on my shelf. I'm curious to hear what you think of it. 

I played it a few hours and i'm really enjoying it, is a very unique jrpg with good gameply and cool anime style graphics.

The trophies are also easy

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 7:25 AM, DoctorCompletion said:

I think my backlog is full after a birthday shopping spree. 1f601.png

L5a2f56.png

Ld0d937.png

L30f95b.png

L269794.png

Lcd86e4.png

Got all these, Some great purchases and I hate to think what these cost now.

Loved Graces F the most but to be fair Haven't even started Xillia 2

My Symphonia save was corrupted so need to start that again.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:06 PM, Valkyries_04 said:

51cBhZLhncL._AC_SX385_.jpg

I've also had this sitting on the shelf for some time now and am also curious as to what you think.

• Like 1

L3cd151.pngL6eb8d3.png

Got myself gems in the form of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions & Edge of Time. This was less of a trophy hunting prospect and more of a genuine desire to play these games out of my love for Spider-Man. 160 smackaroos for both of them (and from different sellers, no less), but hey, it's better than spending over 100$ for just a shoddy disc alone like with some other archaic classic, or worse, Haunting Ground/Rule of Rose levels of exorbitant.

• Like 3

Unfortunately not too many new additions to my own collection lately. I have been too busy with other stuff. Good to see others are stil extening their own PS3 stack though!

I noticed a couple of posts about Alice: Madness Returns lately. I already platted the game digitally a few years ago - great game - but I have been meaning to add it to my physical collection as well. The price appears way too high to me though, at least here in the Netherlands.

On our biggest online marketplace for second hand goods there are no less than 10 copies available right now. All of the sellers are claiming the game is very rare and have put a price of around 50 euro's on it. I'm not sure how many more copies will need to surface before those people start realizing it is not so rare as they pretend. ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Unfortunately not too many new additions to my own collection lately. I have been too busy with other stuff. Good to see others are stil extening their own PS3 stack though!

I noticed a couple of posts about Alice: Madness Returns lately. I already platted the game digitally a few years ago - great game - but I have been meaning to add it to my physical collection as well. The price appears way too high to me though, at least here in the Netherlands.

On our biggest online marketplace for second hand goods there are no less than 10 copies available right now. All of the sellers are claiming the game is very rare and have put a price of around 50 euro's on it. I'm not sure how many more copies will need to surface before those people start realizing it is not so rare as they pretend. 1f913.png

IDK about where you are at, but a pretty rare game to come across. I may be able to find 10 on Ebay, but that doesn't mean I'll ever see one in the wild. It was expensive here in the US even before the price of PS3 games in general blew up during the lockdown.

58 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

IDK about where you are at, but a pretty rare game to come across. I may be able to find 10 on Ebay, but that doesn't mean I'll ever see one in the wild. It was expensive here in the US even before the price of PS3 games in general blew up during the lockdown.

Well, The Netherlands is pretty damn small. :) On top of that, I have the impression that there are not too many PS3 collectors here at all. Game sellers like to pretend that there are though. Oh, and the Dutch are notoriously frugal. We generally do not enjoy spending money at all :P

As a consequence, for some games supply and demand seem to function upside down as of late:

• Games that are actually hard to come by can be found relatively cheap when they finally make an appearance. Simply because they are not "known" for being rare. I enjoy buying them whenever I see a good offer. One of many examples: the USA-only World of Outlaws Sprintcars game that has been on offer once in about 4 or 5 years time (!). I managed to pick it up for about 15 euro.
  • And then there are also games that have gained a reputation internationally for being rare and expensive. They are being set at very high prices based on that reputation, even though many more copies are actually available. As a consequence, they pretty much never sell.

A good example is Afrika, which I bought for 50 euro's about a year and a half ago. Then it was the only copy on the mentioned website in about a 6 month span. Now there are regularly about 4 or 5 copies for sale. They all have prices starting at 150 euro and going up to as much as 300 euro. I could pretend that my own copy is now worth 4 to 6 times more, but that means nothing if it would never sell. And I know that it wouldn't, at least not over here.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

I ordered The Godfather II last week, started playing yesterday (after a 10+ year break). I love this genre, loved the first one on PS2. Didn't like the 2nd one when I first played it all those years ago but picked it up to finish off the trophies. Every time I would check amazon it would be $30-40 which was way more than I wanted to pay and no Gamestops had a copy within 100 miles of me. I finally got a copy on Amazon for about $23 which is still more than I wanted to pay but oh well. 

4 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

I ordered The Godfather II last week, started playing yesterday (after a 10+ year break). I love this genre, loved the first one on PS2. Didn't like the 2nd one when I first played it all those years ago but picked it up to finish off the trophies. Every time I would check amazon it would be $30-40 which was way more than I wanted to pay and no Gamestops had a copy within 100 miles of me. I finally got a copy on Amazon for about $23 which is still more than I wanted to pay but oh well. 

First Godfather game is also on PS3, with the DLC on-disc. No trophies but if you want to go back to it now, the PS3 ver. is probably the best way to play it

Bought Kung Fu Panda 2 since it's apparantly on my account, must have played it years ago. CEX in their infinite wisdom gave me the wrong disc (Got the first one instead), so I'll have to get a reeplacement.