what did you think of this game?

RJP_X

picked it up for $12 in the holiday sale, may be my next game. 

i wanted to know if others liked it, most people on gamefaqs call it mediocre or below average. or good but not great. wanted to hear some other thoughts.

also is the trophy guide good enough or should you follow a walkthrough as well? 

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered this one online for 22€ with shipping costs the Draconic launch edition,  still waiting for it to arrive. However i've earned opinions it's not that good but not bad either , i'm just looking to get a nice experience and the Edition looks pretty neat nontheless.

I had it for the Switch. Sunk around 40-50 hours in. Never beat it because I lost motivation to.

The story had potential to be interesting, but I found it hard to get invested because most of the characters felt bland and maybe even a bit cliché. The protagonist is this skinny wimpy boy that had the personality of stale white bread. Everyone else felt like they were given just enough personality to accommodate the story, albeit very poorly. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. The only character I did like was Rinna. Her demeanor and dialogue was just adorable, especially if you choose to date her~

Aside from the story the combat also felt lacking. I don’t remember ever being in a situation where I was in trouble and had to think about what I was doing. Just heal, use buffs, and attack. No strategy. 

All in all, you got it for a good price. You may end up really liking it because it does have a lot going for it. It just wasn’t for me.

Edited by RedSkyKing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

I have the platinum for this one. Whilst it's not great I actually enjoyed. I'd say the only problem with it being is the platinum journey - doing the last two bosses seven times :o I know Death end request did that, but I liked that game A LOT.

yeah i got high enjoyment out of it. story wasn't the greatest out there but i think i was addicted to the grind lol. 

at least when doing the last boss fights that many times you get some pretty good exp for doing so. although doesn't matter that much because in post game you level up so quick lol.

for practically the first half of the game i kept shuffling the party since exp isn't shared at that time, was kinda annoying that you had to unlock the ability to do so especially that far in. but wasn't the biggest problem due to battling with party members in your group to raise affection. 

• Like 1

From what I played on the Switch the story had some promise to it. But from what everyone else has been saying it just feels average. Nothing to write home about but nothing offensive. It's just there.

It just felt to safe and bland

19 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

If you commonly play Jrpgs you'll feel this one mediocre.

As someone posted already, protagonist personality is very simple.

Combat is fun but not great.

I enjoyed more Blue Reflection than this one.

Definitely agreed on this post with its critics on the simple cast and combat.

I do want to check out Blue Reflection though! Have it downloaded but I haven't had any excuse to play it lol.

7 hours ago, JesterZelfer96 said:

From what I played on the Switch the story had some promise to it. But from what everyone else has been saying it just feels average. Nothing to write home about but nothing offensive. It's just there.

It just felt to safe and bland

Definitely agreed on this post with its critics on the simple cast and combat.

I do want to check out Blue Reflection though! Have it downloaded but I haven't had any excuse to play it lol.

Well, no hype,ok?, it's shorter and easier that Shinning resonance but I enjoyed more lol.

• 1 month later...

I am a big fan of rpg normally but this game was really one of the worst i player. The story is correct except the date which are without any interest ( many night event was the same which was quite disturbing ) the gameplay was too slow for an action rpg and the worst was the lag which occured during each magic aoe ( like a bullet time )

20 dollars lost in my opinion but i got the limited edition and it will stay the only positive point on this cost