Easy Chaos 5 Boss Trophy!

Recoilius

I had posted about getting help and I ran across a poorly made video that made almost no sense and dismissed it from my mind.
For some reason something clicked in what they were saying and I tried to remember what I saw and it worked.

If I find the original video I will post it as it's stupid easy to get this trophy as of patch 1.05

Either local or online coop. 

Player 1/host starts new character at level 1. 

Player 2/Max level character as hired muscle.

Player 1 changes difficulty to Chaos 5 and starts boss fight.

Boss starts and is Chaos 5 difficulty for a Level 1 character, and is a super fast push over for Player 2.

Collect super easy trophy!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, Iksde said:

Hello there! I can confirm that as of patch 1.08, this method still works.

I thought this was patched? Apparently for the Xbox it was? 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:24 PM, Recoilius said:

I had posted about getting help and I ran across a poorly made video that made almost no sense and dismissed it from my mind.
For some reason something clicked in what they were saying and I tried to remember what I saw and it worked.

If I find the original video I will post it as it's stupid easy to get this trophy as of patch 1.05

Boss starts and is Chaos 5 difficulty for a Level 1 character, and is a super fast push over for Player 2.

I don't understand this. If it's a super easy pushover for character 2 why not just use character 2 and bypass all these steps? And if I'm starting a new character at level one how do I even have access to any bosses? I don't understand this method described at all. Isn't there another, similiar method out there but instead they instruct you to change the difficulty for one of the characters during the boss fight?

-EDIT-

Okay so I see what this poster means now. Had he not been so damn vague I would've known that everything is unlocked for a new character (Invasions, Boss Rush, etc.) so long as you've already beaten the game once before. Did you not think that mentioning this was... gee, I don't know: IMPORTANT?! New players to the game wouldn't have a damn clue that you need to beat the game first before you can just go "fight a boss at level 1". I still don't understand how the host character being level 1 and the invited guest being a max character makes a Chaos 5 boss a super easy pushover and a super easy trophy??? The level 1 character doesn't have the option to change it to Chaos 5 - it's locked!

Edited by MrTacoNinja

On 3/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, Iksde said:

Hello there! I can confirm that as of patch 1.08, this method still works.

How does this work??? I'm also on patch 1.08 and player 1 cannot change the difficulty to Chaos 5.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

I am not on my console right now, so my walkthrough of this is going to be a little wonky, but here it goes. 

1. Start the game with a character on level 50 and invite another character on level 1.
  2. Close the game.
  3. Start the game again with level 1 character who should be able to change the game difficulty to chaos 5 and access the boss rush mode.
  4. Invite the character at level 50 and kill the boss.
  5. Profit.

While my strategy is not the same as the one in the original post, it is close enough for me to say that it works. I just had to fine-tune it a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iksde said:

I am not on my console right now, so my walkthrough of this is going to be a little wonky, but here it goes. 

1. Start the game with a character on level 50 and invite another character on level 1.
  2. Close the game.
  3. Start the game again with level 1 character who should be able to change the game difficulty to chaos 5 and access the boss rush mode.
  4. Invite the character at level 50 and kill the boss.
  5. Profit.

While my strategy is not the same as the one in the original post, it is close enough for me to say that it works. I just had to fine-tune it a bit.

It has to be a level 50 character? It can be done in couch co-op?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

It's no wonder I couldn't get it to work. It's so vague and horribly explained here by both of you! If you're not going to be thorough and detailed why even bother at all?! I'm all good now though, figured it out by myself. Moving on from this thread.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

This still works on the PS5 version of the game.

I had my first character level 50 on main account. I started a second character on a separate account at level 1 and joined that game. 

I closed the game then restarted the game from the dashboard on my second account. Invited my main account in and then went to boss rush chaos 5. Took that boss out easy and trophies popped for both.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 30/12/2019 at 0:24 PM, Recoilius said:

Confirming this still works fine.
Completed on PS5 using the PS4 edition stack.
P1 was an alternate account.
P2 was main account.

Thank you RECOILIUS for taking the time to spell it out and help your fellow gamers.

• 3 months later...

If you are still having issues, or clarification

With your main character, load up a second controller and create a character.
Go into boss rush and defeat the boss
Then exit the game
Load up the game as the second controller, set the difficulty level to chaos 5.
Load up your main character, go into the boss rush
Your main character should be able to beat the boss easily.
Once the boss fight is finished, you will get the trophy.

You can view it here

Thanks
KP

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

It's no wonder I couldn't get it to work. It's so vague and horribly explained here by both of you! If you're not going to be thorough and detailed why even bother at all?! I'm all good now though, figured it out by myself. Moving on from this thread.

ok so im confused here. can i create a lvl 1 character, invite my buddy whose maxed and bump the difficulty to chaos 5 and have him kill the boss?

12 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

ok so im confused here. can i create a lvl 1 character, invite my buddy whose maxed and bump the difficulty to chaos 5 and have him kill the boss?

I'm sorry but unfortunately I'll be of no help here. I played and platinumed this game over 3 years ago so I remember absolutely nothing of the steps I needed to take.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 30/03/2023 at 10:44 PM, funboy1246 said:

You need to do the method used when going for the all endings trophy, then use one of those characters created and start up a game, invite your friend who is max level then bump the difficulty to Chaos V. Then defeat the boss and the trophy should be yours.

This link is to the method for the all endings trophy just in case you are confused with what I said above: Easy Character and Happily Ever After Trophies

• Like 1