Life is Strange 2 biggest surprise? (Spoiler Alert)

snakebit10

1 hour ago, A2attitude said:

I didn’t even notice that was David. Now it makes sense, the way he talked about his trouble with his stepdaughter, cool. Next time I play it, I’ll pay extra attention to that.

I had a big shocker at the end of the story due to the consequences of my actions. Y’know how they say “choose wisely or carefully”? Don’t they always say that? And it doesn’t really matter? Well, it mattered this time. Big time. Plus I usually make choices on making sure I don’t miss a trophy 1f601.png, even though in this case you wouldn't either way.

So, I replayed the ending, made different choices and got a dramatically different ending. I was equally surprised at this ending too. I’m still a little puzzled. I’ll play it again xD!

If you go into David's trailer you can find a picture of him, Joyce and Chloe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jdizzle0420 said:

Biggest surprise for me was how incredibly boring this one was. I loved the first season and the prequel and was really excited to play this. I didn't care about any of the characters and absolutely hated Daniel. Gave it a generous 2/10 because the soundtrack was good.

For the most part I feel the same way. It was a big disappointment for me following the first season and the Prequel.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

My biggest surprise was seeing all of the police cars in front of the border. I actually thought it was finally over and they would live a good life in Mexico. I didn’t choose to surrender cause I don’t think any of it was truly my (our - Daniel and Sean’s) fault, I didn’t want Sean to end up in prison because Daniel accidentally killed the police officer back in Seattle, he had no control what so ever and no one knew of his superpower. I chose to go for it, smash through the police cars with Daniel’s powers but then its followed by another shock (!): Daniel jumps out of the car. Either way, we got separated, I was a bit bummed out about that.

Another shocking moment was when Daniel got shot by those two racists near the border, I thought he was dead and was in disbelieve Sean was experiencing the same thing that happened to his dad... Glad he was just grazed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 4:36 PM, LoveInHell said:

What do you mean by uninspired?

Nothing in the story connected with me and there weren't any satisfying character arcs. They really did nothing with the story and I felt bored playing every chapter. I don't know, to each their own.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Nothing in the story connected with me and there weren't any satisfying character arcs. They really did nothing with the story and I felt bored playing every chapter. I don't know, to each their own.

The game had a bit of lack lust I suppose but there approach to show the racism issue in the US is pretty unique in a game. I like how they tried to show the disrespect people receive who don’t look American who live in America, then towards the end they show how people want to leave Mexico to get a better life in the US when the main character is trying to get to Mexico. And this was all about Trump’s election as well cause they mentioned building a wall to keep the foreigners away too. So saying they did nothing with the story...

• Like 3

On 4/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, LoveInHell said:

The game had a bit of lack lust I suppose but there approach to show the racism issue in the US is pretty unique in a game. I like how they tried to show the disrespect people receive who don’t look American who live in America, then towards the end they show how people want to leave Mexico to get a better life in the US when the main character is trying to get to Mexico. And this was all about Trump’s election as well cause they mentioned building a wall to keep the foreigners away too. So saying they did nothing with the story...

I was more referring to Daniel's mysterious power. They did absolutely nothing with it story-wise. Again, I felt the characters were poorly done and no one had satisfying story arcs. I didn't care for the political angles as it hit you over the head with it any chance they got. Just felt very forced, over the top and poorly executed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

my biggest surprise was how absolutely, supremely terrible this game was. i loved the first and never would have thought this would be such wank.

This.

Also that the JP release did not have a stacking trophy list. For shame!

• 2 weeks later...

Strongly disliked this game and I loved the first one and the prequel! It is so so boring! It's barely interactive at times. Daniel is so annoying, and the story gets so off the rails and ridiculous by episode 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Advanced issues found

On 2020-04-30 at 0:38 AM, LoveInHell said:

They are trying to get to Mexico because Daniel has a " superpower" xD They can do anything there without punishment.

If they don't have the "power", how can 2 teenagers survive in Mexico? "It's not my fault, we are just teenagers" Yeah, I chose to kill everyone, I am Daniel, the teenage king. 

Life is Strange first season is a " god " act, rest just nonsense for making money. And I play it for easy platinum. Lucky, I got it with a discount xD 

Maybe Life is Strange 3 will come, -The revenge. Daniel brings a super army to attack the USA for free criminal It can be an RPG !

Edited by kawasumimai

Just played this, definitely enjoyed it even if the political correctness was so heavy handed it took you out of the immersion.  We get it already, all people of color and gay people are good, white people are mean-spirited and if Southern, then definitely racist rednecks.

The settings and artwork were great and the soundtrack fit nicely.  My Sean and Daniel caused a lot of carnage along the way so no way they were stopping at the border.  We escaped and somehow started a body shop even though we knew nothing about auto repair, umm, okay.

The other thing that was odd is that Sean could be caring to Daniel one moment and scolding the next, the flow was messed up.

Anyway, I look forward to Life is Strange 3.

• 1 month later...

Hello I'm Drew Carey and welcome to Life is Strange 2, the game that's a massive failure compared to the original and the choices don't matter.

Life Is Strange was an emotional fantastic story and character driven game that had a hard hitting ending. Choices mattered in just about every episode and there was great pay off at the end with most choices leading to something worth while and character interactions mattered as well. Many of which carried over to each episode and concluded at the end of the last episode. Kate Marsh, Warren, Nathan Prescott, Victoria, even Samuel the janitor (what was he hiding? Did he know what was going on?) and other side characters were always worth taking the time to talk to and build up a relationship with.

There were set goals from episode one and we knew what the game was about: impending natural disaster, missing person, troubled and dangerous classmates, mystery and drama, cause and effect, actions and consequences. And the gameplay/powers mirrored the theme of the game.

Life is Strange 2 was a failure in comparison to the first and the lesser Before the Storm game. The first episode told us it's about running from the cops and bratty brothers. It also hit us over the head with "find yourself" themes every single time we spoke with a person. And the power twist in this game didn't do anything to the story or theme of the game. Kid is telekinetic and throws rocks when he's having a hissy fit.

In LiS2 choices don't matter, the only difference is "is Daniel more or less violent?" Is he more of a bratty unlikeable character, or less bratty and less unlikeable? Characters are dropped just as quickly as they're introduced so your interactions with them have no value or repercussions. Fake Seth Rogan helps you at the end of the first episode never to be seen again, Captain Spirit is only in half an episode and I honestly can't tell you what difference it makes playing his free episode or not having the carry over saved data.

Karen, the most hated mom/daughter in the world, somehow cares about her abandoned sons because reasons, but when asked if she feels regret about leaving her kids she says "i promised myself I'd never have any more regrets in my life."....wow... toss her off that cliff Daniel so we can move on.... the only more surprising thing about Karen was the stats page at the end of the episode showing a vast majority of players hugged her!

The only thing worse than Karen in this game was the writing. People from Seattle/Oregon really love to tell people how cool that place is. Life is only worth living if you're a wandering vagrant with zero responsibilities. Most religious people are heretical zealots that misquote the Bible. Cops are bad (thankfully this part wasn't written in 2020) or they'd be down right corrupt. Everyone that's gay has a hard life. Only white southerners can be racist. National border laws are all terrible. You're stunning and brave if you walk out on your family for selfish reasons. Responsibility is a joke. Weed is always awesome and people that use it never know how to shut up about it.

David from LiS showing up in the hippie park was completely out of character. Also he has Nathan Prescott's school ID in a box in his trailer, he would never have kept something like that.

By the start of episode 4 I just. didn't. care. All I wanted was a skip button to find the collectibles so I could get my trophies and delete this from my console and never touch this game again. I literally contemplated if owning this platinum trophy was worse than only having 60 percent of the trophies completed because I didn't want to waste more time with this game.

I'm a major fan of story games: Detroit, Beyond Two Souls, Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead, The Complex, Hidden Agenda etc.

But Life is Strange 2 was bad. Very bad.

Edited by MrPhrips
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

This game talks a lot about immigrat, racism, drug and cult problem in the US which I believe should be a plus. On the other hand, as a non US player, I am barely satisfied with the story. All these episodes, I am waiting for the turning point of the two brothers' fate and that's it? The official best ending is just unacceptable... For all the pain I've gone through to save my trouble-making brother, I ended up losing an eye and spending 15 years in the jail..

On 6/1/2020 at 9:05 PM, djb5f said:

Just played this, definitely enjoyed it even if the political correctness was so heavy handed it took you out of the immersion.  We get it already, all people of color and gay people are good, white people are mean-spirited and if Southern, then definitely racist rednecks.

Way to strawman the entire point of those segments. If you really got "all white people bad" vibes from this game that's kinda sad--especially considering the writers are white lmao.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JackisJack_ said:

Way to strawman the entire point of those segments. If you really got "all white people bad" vibes from this game that's kinda sad--especially considering the writers are white lmao.

Of course they are as are most Hollywood types.  Doesn’t mean it wasn’t heavy-handed.  Same tropes we have seen time and again in media.  Like I said, I still enjoyed it, even with a fair share of eye-rolling and predictability.