Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

On 2-1-2020 at 3:21 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

I’d like to join although I already have a 99.45% completion rate but maybe this will give me some motivation again to tackle the trophies I haven’t gotten yet. 

Starting: 99.45%

Goal: 100%

Trophy backlog:

Wolfenstein II: 95%

Super Meat Boy: 7%

Prey: 84%

Trackmania Turbo: 85%

Ys Origin: 91%

Alienation: 94%

Thought I’d give my first little update: 

I’m down to 98.81% right now but it’s because I just started 2 new games which I will complete easily: Gris & Spider-Man.

Now since I’m going for 100% everytime I start a new game my % will drop below 99.45%. So although I’m down a bit, I feel like I’ve made some progress by completing Prey & Trackmania Turbo which both took me over 5 months. (and Alienation)

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alderriz said:

Wait, are XP boosts a thing in this game?

There are medkits that you have to carry in one of the multiplayer modes, but I'm not sure they count towards anything. Maybe you're thinking of something different. But I can't really tell cause I played this mode, like, twice. Everyone plays TDM when I search for a game. 

edit: Just read the threads about MP. So I guess I could've been doing the solo method all this time. Welp. Will read the threads more thoroughly before playing a game like this next time. 

Ohhhh shit you weren't solo boosting? God damn, I don't know if doing it legit would've been quicker or not but yeah I don't regret doing it solo as I could just do it at my own pace and always be guaranteed a certain amount of XP per game. Since you're level 54, it isn't too late to do the home stretch with the solo method.

edit: the xp boost was for completing a challenge involving the medkit bags or whatever when I was doing the solo boost, it gave me a whole rank and half so it definitely helped save some time.. I think it may be too late for you though?.

Edited by jonesey46

16 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Ohhhh shit you weren't solo boosting? God damn, I don't know if doing it legit would've been quicker or not but yeah I don't regret doing it solo as I could just do it at my own pace and always be guaranteed a certain amount of XP per game. Since you're level 54, it isn't too late to do the home stretch with the solo method.

edit: the xp boost was for completing a challenge involving the medkit bags or whatever when I was doing the solo boost, it gave me a whole rank and half so it definitely helped save ome time.. I think it may be too late for you though?.

I did the solo boost but dont recall getting any xp boost. It takes awhile either which way you go but feels good once the grind is over.

• Like 1

@BB-BakkerJ Congrats on completing Trackmania Turbo! Very cool platinum to have. Whenever I see streams or clips of this game I want to play it so bad.

@jonesey46 Lol, yep. I didn't know this was called solo method. And for some reason I thought you still needed at least one other person to play private matches. I just tried it and it is definitely faster than playing legit ?. (And more boring).

On the brighter side: I have managed to git gud at MP around level 45 and were sometimes top fragging in matches. So I at least don't feel too bad about myself.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

I did the solo boost but dont recall getting any xp boost. It takes awhile either which way you go but feels good once the grind is over.

My memory is hazy but I definitely got like a free 50,000 xp or something and I was so shocked when it happened. I googled it at the time and found out it was for a challenge or something and it was a one time thing so no way of replicating it. Gave me just enough of a boost to finish the thing on that day, still took bloody ages though, those last few ranks go on forever.

• Like 1

I was up on my completion by over 1.50%, but the time has come to start some more games for other challenges and I've dropped back to -0.75% ?

Oh well, I signed up knowing this would happen with the aim to start and finish a number of new games.

• Like 1

I finally finished Ys: Memories of Celceta and I'm now up to 98.51% from my starting 98.02%. I should finish Somnium Files in the next few days as well, bringing me close to 99%. I'll probably start a new game after that, though, so I should go back down to <98% for a bit.

• Like 3

Just wanted to give an update from my side.

Got to admit I'm very happy with joining this competition. 
Since the beginning of 2020 I managed to get 5 games to platinum.

Not particularly interested in games being released in the following months, so can definitely increase my completion rate.

Actually realized that some of the games I just stopped playing for no particular reason?

• Like 3

I keep boomeranging around, I started up Fall out 4 and got past the first few areas. That game set me back half a percent. I get up to about 56% and fall back slightly. I need to get a few more completions under my belt if I can find the time to play. 

To get where I need to go I need to complete 11 or 12 games off my backlog. That is my goal by end of summer. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I keep boomeranging around, I started up Fall out 4 and got past the first few areas. That game set me back half a percent. I get up to about 56% and fall back slightly. I need to get a few more completions under my belt if I can find the time to play. 

To get where I need to go I need to complete 11 or 12 games off my backlog. That is my goal by end of summer. 

I've been playing fallout 4 for the platinum, trying to make it my 150th platinum. It is really slow going, I let myself get distracted by side missions. Getting the settlement to 100 happiness took 4 hours of trial and error saturday morning before work to get it. I migt get one trophy a day on that game, so I play it with an easier game so I can keep raising my psn level percentage daily. I only need story trophies now. I want a save with all factions friendly for the dlc.

• Like 4

Got above 90% but that's gonna rise and fall until I can complete these games off my backlog. Wrapped up Diablo 3, now trying to focus on Skyrim for awhile. Next month is going to be interesting because I have a lot of games to start for the RPG/Spring Backlog event. So my % is gonna drastically fall while I'm playing all these, then rise back up as I complete them. xD Definitely don't think I'll hit that 100% within the year though. Super Meat Boy has been giving me headaches so I've put that to the side for now. Hoping I can get at least 99% though.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I've been playing fallout 4 for the platinum, trying to make it my 150th platinum. It is really slow going, I let myself get distracted by side missions. Getting the settlement to 100 happiness took 4 hours of trial and error saturday morning before work to get it. I migt get one trophy a day on that game, so I play it with an easier game so I can keep raising my psn level percentage daily. I only need story trophies now. I want a save with all factions friendly for the dlc.

Mate, enjoy the Fallout 4 experience. Just make sure you have specific saves ready (use a guide) It saves many playthroughs. Well done on getting it in 4 hours! It took me 3 years on and off to get the settlement happiness trophy :( I got it when I placed - and this is no exaggeration - 75 workout benches through Sanctuary. There were no houses. Just clinic's and workout benches.  

Been a slow start for me in this challenge, but I've finished two games so far. The Sims 4 (Using the gallery unfortunately) and Astro Bot Rescue Mission. Now I'm trying to think about what I should go back and finish next. Any suggestions for games on my profile I haven't finished would be great.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Been a slow start for me in this challenge, but I've finished two games so far. The Sims 4 (Using the gallery unfortunately) and Astro Bot Rescue Mission. Now I'm trying to think about what I should go back and finish next. Any suggestions for games on my profile I haven't finished would be great.

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean would be an easy one to smash out? That's what I would do next on your list. 

• Like 1

Update for this month:

So far I have managed to get the Plat for 3 games from the start of the year:

- Goat Simulator - Flappy Goat was actually the worst

- Donut County - Really fun indie game. Who knew that a swallowing things up as a massive hole would be so much fun :P

- Sinking City - Really wanted to like this game as when I first seen the trailer thought it looks super interesting. Just found it a total borefest :(

Completed Rayman Legends, got a few trophies left to get the Plat for that.

Started and completed Crash Team Racing last month, have come to terms I'm not going to get the plat for it as the 2 trials trophies are just a nightmare.

Currently restarted The Last of Us and playing it on Grounded mode hoping to clear up remaining trophies :)

Edited by MortalRikku
missing trophy info
  • Like 2

That feeling when you only get 5 trophies in a whole month, but still complete 2 games by doing that, with a percentage increase of 0.47% ?

(My numbers are correct)

edit: As for my plans for March, I'll try to get as far as I can in MGSV and I'll start the second new game for this year for me - Beyond Good and Evil HD. Hoping I'll manage to complete both by the end of the month.

Edited by Alderriz

My numbers are correct as well. I've been backsliding because I started South Park, and had to leave it as I finish Puppeteer. I do plan on completing 3 games this month, and maybe start on another old game. Getting kind of difficult juggling games for the ABC event and finishing up on old games. Oh well, bring on the challenge!