Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

I'm a bit behind because I started a new vita game, Dokuro, so that has tanked my score, but I am hoping I will be able to finish it before the end of the month. The game is so goooood. And if I can continue with Dragon Age, my score will get a nice little bump by the end of the month.

• Like 3

Back above 90% again. Made some more progress on Skyrim earlier this month while playing Darksiders 1 (1 trophy to go). Been a pretty slow month due to work and everything else going on. Going to a wedding in a few weeks that I'm taking part of. So every weekend so far has been out and about shopping/buying stuff/trying stuff on for hours. Last weekend I spent most of Saturday filing taxes/doing house work. This weekend is the first one in awhile where I won't be doing anything important so hopefully will be able to play a lot more. Going to start Dark Souls 1 which I've already played multiple times on Xbox, so I'm just going to speed run through that as fast as possible to get to Dark Souls 2. Trying to get some stuff done before Final Fantasy 7 remake comes out which is where all progress will halt as I enjoy that game to the fullest. :P 

• Like 2

Currently at  77.09%, damn I got past the 77 threshold. Although Tekken 7 buffed my stat abit, it will be a slow month too due to Fighting Game onlinery.

Once I start the massive games again (Far Cry Primal, AC Odyssey, Dragon's Dogma) the flow will be back on track. 

Reaching 85% will be interesting...honestly forgot I even have to reach that percentage by the end of the year xD 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Trying to get some stuff done before Final Fantasy 7 remake comes out which is

Oh man. Yea, I think I will play a game I have already played if I finish Dragon Age before this comes out so my % won't take that much of a hit when I def play this lmfao.

• Like 2

Wow! A lot of great progress here. Well done everyone! It's nice to hear everyone is enjoying the challenge. Keep up the great work everyone!

Some whopping games coming out this year. My wallet and percentage aren't looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started Persona 5 again after a 1 year, 5 month hiatus. The number of unearned trophies is going down, while my completion is going up very slowly at the rate of 0.01% per bronze trophy. It's a very meaty game, so I won't expect too much of a jump in the near future.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

Must say I'm happy with my progress so far.

Up with 1.65% roughly, and my aim was to increase completion percentage with 5%

Just out of curiosity: Because of the Attack of completion I went back to some games that had a low completion percentage.

Games that I just could not get into on the first go, but now absolutely love. 

Did anyone have similar experiences with games, that giving it a second chance it totally changed your view on the game?(Good or bad)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevenanthony88 said:

Just out of curiosity: Because of the Attack of completion I went back to some games that had a low completion percentage.

Did anyone have similar experiences with games, that giving it a second chance it totally changed your view on the game?(Good or bad)

Yep, ended up enjoying Ni no Kuni, Dragon Fantasy Book 2 and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters a lot more when I went back to them.  Though I ended up being glad I didn't go beat Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel until its sequel was out and I could afford to buy it.  The game is great, but that ending sure leaves you wanting its sequel bad.

I actually think a good technique to try and raise completion for people who have a lot of games with just 1-2 trophies is to go play a few of those games for long enough to get them to a D rank.  Then focus on finishing up the ones that were the most fun.  A small commitment to a game you're not as sure about is easier to deal with that committing to the plat.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I actually think a good technique to try and raise completion for people who have a lot of games with just 1-2 trophies is to go play a few of those games for long enough to get them to a D rank.  Then focus on finishing up the ones that were the most fun.  A small commitment to a game you're not as sure about is easier to deal with that committing to the plat.

This is my strategy with Star wars Battlefront 1. I want the level 50 trophy and that is it. If I get others along the way it is a bonus. So far, I have earned 7-8. 

3 hours ago, stevenanthony88 said:

Yep! I went back to Puppeteer, which I didn't enjoy because I was going for trophies when I should've just enjoyed the game on my 1st playthrough. Now I'm playing Persona 5. When I first played it, I really wasn't feeling it. It's a great game, but also a long, meaty one. I just wasn't ready for it at that time.

4 hours ago, stevenanthony88 said:

I recently finished up Styx: Master of Shadows, a game that I cast aside after playing the first mission back in 2015. I ended up really enjoying it and am even considering getting the sequel. 

• Like 2

Finished The Last Of Us on a 3rd playthrough collecting everything. The game has totally glitched on me and I can’t even chapter select to get certain collectibles ? 

Really wanted to get the Plat before the end of the month and before Resi Evil 3! The rage ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Finished The Last Of Us on a 3rd playthrough collecting everything. The game has totally glitched on me and I can’t even chapter select to get certain collectibles 1f629.png 

Really wanted to get the Plat before the end of the month and before Resi Evil 3! The rage 1f602.png1f605.png

Oh no. This is unfortunate.

Did the save file get corrupted? I'd say try a different older save, but I assume you would've done that in that case.

I'm a tiny bit more scared to go back to TLoU now ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alderriz said:

Oh no. This is unfortunate.

Did the save file get corrupted? I'd say try a different older save, but I assume you would've done that in that case.

I'm a tiny bit more scared to go back to TLoU now 1f605.png

Hahah I did try that. I had multiple saves as did grounded mode twice ?

I actually love the game but was hoping to make further progress with another title from the backlog so it’s bummed me out ☹️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Hey guys, just a reminder, I will be doing the monthly update on Wed Morning, around 9 AM EST. Please make sure you get your updates in before then! :D

Thanks a bunch! 3 months in already - this challenge has flown by so far. 

14 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Hey guys, just a reminder, I will be doing the monthly update on Wed Morning, around 9 AM EST. Please make sure you get your updates in before then! :D

Great! Challenge has been giving me a lot of motivation. March was a much better month for me, got my completion up quite a bit. That's just the start of quarantine though, wait until you see my end-of-april stats. Anyway, I completed 2 games so far, but I only have a few more trophies to do in Tropico 5, so that'll be done by the monthly update as well, giving me a total of 3 completed games. April should be much more though.

• Like 2

On 30 March 2020 at 1:46 PM, Squirlruler said:

Not much of an update.

Managed to Plat TLOU this week :D 

Went back to Sekiro as I was stuck on a boss and I'm still on him at the moment. Found a way to increase attack level so will be grinding that 1-2hrs a night :) 

Restarted another Playthroug for Man of Medan so going for the Plat this month along with clearing up trophies for Life is Strange 2 :D 

Made the mistake of linking mine craft to my account as my kiddo wanted to play it so its destroyed my % :( 

• Like 1