Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

Looks right to me. Very good month, 9.52% increase. I really wanted to finish Tropico 5 in time, but unfortunately I wasn't able to. Oh well. I'm going to go finish it's last trophy, then decide if I want to start LittleBigPlanet or finish Assassin's Creed III Liberation.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. For me, the biggest boost was in January, then pretty much haven't touched gaming in February and for March I had 1.5% increase which I'm pretty happy about. One would think quarantine would help but it has the exact opposite effect. I work from home and already spend 8-9 hours staring at a computer screen so the last thing I want to do is to load up PS and stare at another screen for the rest of the day. I started working more on my ridiculous backlog of books and it's been going rather well.

I'm also little afraid my Completion ratio is going to drop slightly in the upcoming months. There are a few games I'd like to start and take a break from hunting trophies. 

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Alright, stats are up! Let me know if you see any issues, as always. Seems to be a bit of a slow down, which, ya'll should be quarantining! WHY ARE YOU NOT GAMING

My job is work from home to begin with, so I'm one of those people still working my full hours with little change besides call volume coming down.  We're slow so I've found time to game while at work at least and made good progress in MeiQ.  Sunday was so slow that I was able to knock two POWGI games out of my backlog.  My completion mostly went down due to KYC last month, this month I'm going to work on wrapping up some of those games.  I did get my unstarted backlog down below 70 games, which is awesome.  Definitely should go up next month with me working on wrapping some of those games up.  Still not going to be upset about 300 trophies earned in March, that's the highest I've ever gotten in a month.

Closing in on 95% completion, time to start a new game this month though so I won't reach that number until later this month. My progress was a bit slowed down because I did two dlc trophy clean ups that required many hours yet gave very little reward for it, but thats something I gotta live with in order to reach 100% one day. Not too many roadblocks left between me and 100%, but the ones that are there are pretty damn massive so hard to estimate a time window to reach my goal.

4 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Alderriz
March Earned Trophies: 0
March Earned Platinums: 0
March Games Started: 0
March Games Completed: 0
Month Increase: 0.00%

Lol, yep. Still playing through MGSV TPP. I've made a lot of progress in march but it hasn't translated into trophies so far.

Nevertheless, I'm very close to getting one of the four trophies I need for the platinum. The other three will take time.

Hoping, once again, I'll complete this game and Beyond Good & Evil by the end of the month. ?

10 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Dvst8u
Original Starting PCG: 35.92%                    March Earned Trophies: 17
Goal PCG: 50%                    March Earned Platinums: 0
March Starting PCG: 37.98%                    March Games Started: -3
Current PCG: 38.52%                    March Games Completed: 0
Month Increase: 0.54%
Total Increase: 2.60%

my % looks good thanks for the update
my question is my march games say -3, why?

my boys have been playing abit of ps on our shared ps4. when they start a game they sometimes log into mine and it adds the games 
trophy list and i delete it if its at 0 , is that what it means? 
thats and good luck and stay safe everyone

12 hours ago, Dvst8u said:

my % looks good thanks for the update
my question is my march games say -3, why?

my boys have been playing abit of ps on our shared ps4. when they start a game they sometimes log into mine and it adds the games 
trophy list and i delete it if its at 0 , is that what it means? 
thats and good luck and stay safe everyone

Yes, it would appear that is the case.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, Squirlruler said:

Alright, stats are up! Let me know if you see any issues, as always. Seems to be a bit of a slow down, which, ya'll should be quarantining! WHY ARE YOU NOT GAMING :P:P:P

Please, please, you guys stay home and game and don't come out.  

As for me, my gaming time has fallen off a cliff this month, mostly due to how work has been. But I'm back on a schedule now instead of the "just come in when you can order" so hopefully I may be able to get some done this month. Especially if Corona would be kind enough to leave. (though not likely to be the case)

• Like 2

On 1-4-2020 at 3:20 PM, Squirlruler said:

stevenanthony88
Original Starting PCG: 35.97%                    March Earned Trophies: 148
Goal PCG: 41%                    March Earned Platinums: 3
March Starting PCG: 37.03%                    March Games Started: 3
Current PCG: 37.87%                    March Games Completed: 1
Month Increase: 0.84%
Total Increase: 1.90%

My stats are looking correct. Again thanks for the effort :).

Still on track for the target, and hopefully I can make some good steps again this month.

Good luck all with your completion targets!

Had a huge percentage rise already this month. Almost finished Pirate Warriors 4. It's a very easy/little grind misou plat. (In comparison PW3 took me roughly 120 hours) I have played for 20ish. If anyone wants an easy fun plat I recommend it. 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, Squirlruler said:

@skyships
Original Starting PCG: 53.64%                    March Earned Trophies: 125
Goal PCG: 68%                    March Earned Platinums: 1
March Starting PCG: 57.94%                    March Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 60.36%                    March Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: 2.42%
Total Increase: 6.72%

Everything looks right for me, thanks!

I've hit a bit of a rut and I'm having trouble getting into most of the games I should be working on, but I'm at a place where my goal is starting to look too easy, so I guess it's all good.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how time keeps flying by so fast, but here we are - it's the middle of the month already. So I guess it's my turn of continuing this little tradition of doing mid-month progress updates like other people were doing before.

I've made more progress compared to last month! So far in april I have got... one trophy! (Yes, I hadn't earned any in march). One year and four months after my last trophy in MGSV I finally got another one. I'm very close to getting the rest of the trophies (but for real this time), and if everything goes smoothly I will get the platinum sometime next week.

One possible problem is mission tasks with listening to NPC conversations that don't work if you throw them off their scripted path. Or sometimes even if you don't. I completed the glitchiest mission - Lingua Franca (surprisingly, the bigger problem for me was another task with containers). But in one of the other missions called Traitors' Caravan there is a truck driver who stops to talk to a guy at a guard post. This is the second of his three conversations. What happens is he gets out of the truck, stares at the guy he is supposed to talk to, the guy stares back at him, both sigh a couple of times, and after 5 minutes of doing this the driver gets back in the truck and leaves. ?

After many retries and different strats I had no result. Then I actually completed the task by mistake. I did the opposite of what I were supposed to do - I let the guard notice me, he went to check what  there was, didn't find me, ran back and finally started talking. Perhaps, I somehow fixed his pathfinding, because that time he ran right to the driver.

There is an extreme version of that mission with the same task which means I'll have to go through the same scripted scenes again. If it glitches too, I guess I'll have to try to use my best strat ?. After I'm done with that mission and one other one that has a similar objective everything should be fine.

What about you, guys? I've seen multiple people taking breaks from trophies in the last few weeks. Has anyone else experienced trophy burnout recently? 

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Alderriz said:

I don't understand how time keeps flying by so fast, but here we are - it's the middle of the month already. So I guess it's my turn of continuing this little tradition of doing mid-month progress updates like other people were doing before.

I've made more progress compared to last month! So far in april I have got... one trophy! (Yes, I hadn't earned any in march). One year and four months after my last trophy in MGSV I finally got another one. I'm very close to getting the rest of the trophies (but for real this time), and if everything goes smoothly I will get the platinum sometime next week.

One possible problem is mission tasks with listening to NPC conversations that don't work if you throw them off their scripted path. Or sometimes even if you don't. I completed the glitchiest mission - Lingua Franca (surprisingly, the bigger problem for me was another task with containers). But in one of the other missions called Traitors' Caravan there is a truck driver who stops to talk to a guy at a guard post. This is the second of his three conversations. What happens is he gets out of the truck, stares at the guy he is supposed to talk to, the guy stares back at him, both sigh a couple of times, and after 5 minutes of doing this the driver gets back in the truck and leaves. 1f604.png

After many retries and different strats I had no result. Then I actually completed the task by mistake. I did the opposite of what I were supposed to do - I let the guard notice me, he went to check what  there was, didn't find me, ran back and finally started talking. Perhaps, I somehow fixed his pathfinding, because that time he ran right to the driver.

There is an extreme version of that mission with the same task which means I'll have to go through the same scripted scenes again. If it glitches too, I guess I'll have to try to use my best strat 1f602.png. After I'm done with that mission and one other one that has a similar objective everything should be fine.

What about you, guys? I've seen multiple people taking breaks from trophies in the last few weeks. Has anyone else experienced trophy burnout recently? 

Having to do the same tedious tasks twice sucks so muuuuuuch, I'm almost done with all objectives in Back up Back down (the one where you run around the map destroying vehicles) and I just noticed there is an extreme version of it with the exact same objectives fuuuuuuuuuuuuck ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Having to do the same tedious tasks twice sucks so muuuuuuch, I'm almost done with all objectives in Back up Back down (the one where you run around the map destroying vehicles) and I just noticed there is an extreme version of it with the exact same objectives fuuuuuuuuuuuuck 1f604.png

I hate the extreme version of Backup Back down. I spent 20-30 minutes on it many times only to die in the very end. And it doesn't give you checkpoints for some reason. I'll just say trying to fulton 3 tanks after saving 6 prisoners was a bad idea.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

This has been a strange month for me. Last month I earned 80 trophies and improved by 0.45%. This month I have earned 29 trophies and improved by the same amount. Starting a new game really does affect your completion percentage. That is the only difference so far.

I am playing Red Dead redemption 2 – no way I’ll earn the plat but I will aim for around 70% total completion. I am almost finished story wise and have enjoyed that game immensely.

Keep up the great work everyone!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

This has been a strange month for me. Last month I earned 80 trophies and improved by 0.45%. This month I have earned 29 trophies and improved by the same amount. Starting a new game really does affect your completion percentage. That is the only difference so far.

It does, but if you also finish the new game you end up a bit higher than you were when you started.

But I admit, I'm finding the math a bit boggling for mine as well.  I started at 96.61% before KYC 12 started.  I've finished up three of my six games (and some extras).  As things stand now, I have five new incomplete games and am sitting at 95.33%

Of my incompletes recently started, per my spreadsheet Nier would add 0.52, Tales of Symphonia would add 0.54.  Hero Must Die Again would add 0.23.  Word Search by POWGI would add 0.36 and Pic-A-Pix Color 2 would add 0.17.  Finishing those five games only would add 1.82% and put me at 97.15%.  But when I've gone and started a new game and finished it right away, normally it only adds 0.02-0.03%.  I sure as hell haven't started enough games to add almost 0.50%, but per the math I seem to have.  It does add up to knock out some quickies from the backlog it seems since otherwise I've mostly been just wrapping up the extra POWGI stacks and other EZ PZ games off the backlog to get the number of 0%s down.

• Like 1

Here's my mid-month report.

I got 13 trophies this month. At the moment I'm working on the last trophy in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, It might take over 100 hours but I'm having great fun playing it so I don't mind.

Also got LEGO Harry Potter both games me and my gf plan to start this month so my ration is going to drop a bit.

• Like 2

I have been doing some math.

I started the challenge on 76.24% and I am aiming to finish the year at 85%. If I want to achieve that goal, I will need to improve my percentage by 0.73% each month.

I have not been able to hit that percentage each month. In January, I improved by a measly 0.27% (RDR2) whereas in February I improved by 1.15%. I still need to earn 0.38% this month to be on track for 0.73% every month since the start of the year.

I would be interested to know if anyone else lagging behind where they should be and by how much.

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

I would be interested to know if anyone else lagging behind where they should be and by how much.

I started at 78,16%, my end goal was 84%. Right now I'm at 82,60% completion.

To be on track, I must have reached 80,11% by the end of April. So I'm more than 2,49% ahead in total. Not bad. 

Honestly though, that's because I haven't added any games to the list except Sonic 2 which I 100%ed, and my list was small to begin with. So completing only 4 games has already helped a lot.

Next few months will probably be slower  for me since I have two new games to add to the list. And I also want to replay more PS1 games.

• Like 2

I need to increase about .55% a month. I was on track at the end of March, but then I started two new games... I am hoping to get back to my March completion, which would mean I am about .5% off. I might be able to get partially ahead of March, but we shall see...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

I'm still at lower than I started because of KYC 12.  However, at this time I've finished up 4 out of my 6 games and once I finish up all six, I'm set to end up a decent bit higher than I was.  The hardest thing for me is the fact that since my goal is 99.50%, I have to get to wrapping up games I've been putting off for years for good reason.  Still, if i at least get to 98% and get my unearned trophies down below 100, I'll be satisfied.

• Like 3

I started at 57.36%, set the goal for 65%. That gives +7.64% or 0.63% monthly. At the moment I'm at 62.44% so I'm way ahead and unless I start a bunch of new games I should be fine. The question is if I can keep playing games from my library and not adding new games from my backlog.

I decided I can still add new games but one at a time and have to get that game to at least 65% before adding another one. This way it should allow me to add games from backlog from time to time and still keep my % on track.

• Like 4

I started at 58.99% with a goal to reach 65% by the end of the year. This would mean that I would need to increase each month by 0.50. I am currently at 61.67% so I have increased by 2.86 (0.67 per month) from January to mid-April.

I am still on track but I need to get ahead as l am going to have a busy summer studying for boards. Oh, and I also have a backlog of 491 unstarted games that I am trying to work on... ?

P.S. It is great seeing everyones progress, keep it up! ☺️

• Like 3