Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

Being off work and in self isolation has pretty much made this event a cake walk for me. I'm currently at 81.45% and constantly rising. I may just make my 85% goal yet. 

Things are going to slow down a little for now as my next 2 games are one trophy each, both involving a full playthrough on the hardest difficulty (The Last of Us and Bioshock 2) but once those are done I'll be moving on to other games with much more trophies to unlock ?.

Hope everyone is staying safe! 

• Like 3

Things have been a little stagnant for me this month, but I'm hoping things pick up during the summer months. I feed off the sunshine and right now things are just dreary and depressing where I live, makes me way too sleepy and I don't get much trophy progress in. Z-z-z.

At 90.26% with a goal of 100%. Got some games to swing back around and platinum during the lull of the summer. I'm still working during this pandemic (a blessing I'd say) so not too much extra time for me to play games above normal. My main drawback is my seasonal depression is kicking in. Finding the motivation to play has been tough!

Still, Final Fantasy 7 remake has been fun. Seeing the reactions to the ending in particular are very funny to me. I'm going to wait until the entire series is finished to make a conclusion on how good or not it actually is. Combat is a blast though. Finished the entire game the other day on Normal difficulty. Farming AP for Hard Mode. Tonight's adventure is finishing misc stuff like sidequests, weapon abilities and coliseum challenges. 

• Like 2

I am creeping up on 88% with 87.86 out of a goal of 95%.  I still have two games that could massively help my percentage in uncharted 4 and ME Andromeda, but everything else mostly only has very difficult or grindy trophies remaining.  KH3 didnt do me any favors with a DLC that will end up having me complete the game again ?, but here we are. 

Should end up finishing N++ by the end of the month, so hopefully that will bump me up to the 88% Gotta make progress of about a percent a month to stay on track.  Here's hoping that I can with my work schedule not being the most stable thing. 

~TC

• Like 2

I've had some interesting weeks this month, had to move out and split from my partner of 12 years has meant a lot less time for gaming.

I can't remember if I have gone up or down or stayed the same, but I found my Vita and started clearing games from that.

• Like 2

Hey guys, friendly reminder that I will be doing the update on Friday, about 9AM EST. Make sure you get your updates in on time!!

Looks like I am going to be taking another hit this month... Been playing Iceborne trying to get the crowns and fucking nargacuga is REFUSING to go big for me... 70 kills/checks and nothing. Ugh. There is nothing worse than grinding RNG. It is *really* making me dislike playing MH, which sucks because the game is super fun. >.< But grinding with no signs of progress is not.

• Like 4

My completion rate has been increasing very slowly lately as I've mostly been playing MHW, which is very grindy and takes forever to make significant progress.

I've also been trying to get challenge 6 done in Vanquish, which is starting to seriously annoy me. Takes me some 13 minutes to get to the last round and then I always die to the most bullshit RNG. One time I actually managed to take out one of the bogeys and had the other one down to less than 20% HP, and then out comes the bullshit one-shot RNG attack. I enjoyed the campaign and didn't even mind the first 5 challenges, but challenge 6 has kinda ruined the game for me. It's very poorly designed, with the most RNG-heavy part at the end, forcing you to play through over 10 minutes of routine crap before you get to try the bullshit part again. It's not fun or fair, just terrible.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm on track to clinch in one last platinum before the update. Saints Row 3 has been a blast, can't wait to dig into the DLC.

they are releasing a saint row 3 remaster for ps4

I feel like a noob if this the game your talking about um, i have ps now which makes saint row 3 easier to play the ps3 version on ps4 or pc

Managed to slip in the FF7R platinum before the update! 

Bought the original game. Gonna play that cause I'm super interested in the original story line now... Then go back to cleaning up other games. ;D

• Like 2

Started a new game so my completion rate has dropped a bit, but I'm happy with my progress since I've completed 2 games that have been on my profile for years. 

16 hours ago, Niilismo said:

Well, it seems I should have complained about Vanquish much sooner. Just beat challenge 6 (and got the platinum) on my first try after that last post. Quite a relief 1f642.png

Status update is where I post my grief concerning trophies. Works every time. 

My stats are looking correct. I did okay this month, knocking out a couple plats, playing some old stuff instead of starting new, pushing up some completion percentages and ultimately spending a lot of time working towards trophies but not yet earning them. Among these includes Superhot VR, and man I was sore for a solid like 3 days after haha... I decided to take a several month long break from the game with only the speed runs left to do... big mistake. I pushed through a few levels but I certainly don't remember the enemy spawns like I used to. I'm going to try use this month to finally finish it.. I hope. Earning the plat would make it the rarest plat and trophy in my collection, which of course would be pretty awesome.

My percentage this month probably could have been even higher too if I hadn't decided to start Divinity right on the last day lol. It was a friend's suggestion and it's gonna be a long plat but I have enjoyed it so far, particularly due to the coop. My completion's probably gonna tank over the month of may, considering I plan to start some longer games, but we'll see I guess!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Been playing more of that. Probably will start a new Vita game this month, Sparkle2 and if I finish that quickly, Freedom Wars.

Sparkle 2 on Vita is the easiest of the Sparkle games to 100%.  If you're the sort to complete all stacks of a game though, don't start the PS3 version.  The NA version of the PS3 version has an unobtainable trophy according to the forum.  EU version works fine though and any NA achievers of the glitched trophy apparently played the EU version.  If you are considering other games in the series, Sparkle is doable, but pretty hard.  Sparkle Unleashed should be avoided like the plague unless you enjoy games highly dependent on luck, not skill.  If you find you enjoy marble poppers, Zuma's Revenge is also a good choice and a reasonable 100%.

As far as how I did, I'm taking advantage of being on a furlough to finish up some games.  Wrapped up MeiQ, The Alliance Alive and Hero Must Die Again along with a few new games and also have made some progress in Nier.  Definitely had a nice increase this month and have almost regained my completion from before KYC 12 started.  Overall making good progress even if I'm still behind and all because at least the backlog is still going down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sparkle 2 on Vita is the easiest of the Sparkle games to 100%.  If you're the sort to complete all stacks of a game though, don't start the PS3 version.  The NA version of the PS3 version has an unobtainable trophy according to the forum.  EU version works fine though and any NA achievers of the glitched trophy apparently played the EU version.  If you are considering other games in the series, Sparkle is doable, but pretty hard.  Sparkle Unleashed should be avoided like the plague unless you enjoy games highly dependent on luck, not skill.  If you find you enjoy marble poppers, Zuma's Revenge is also a good choice and a reasonable 100%.

Oh, this is good info. Probably will just do it on vita, since it is a pretty lengthy grind to 100%, even on the vita. But yea, it's pretty fun, not something I would play over and over again though :D Thanks for the heads up about the PS3 though!!

Not a bad month for me at all, although I slowed down a lot at the end of the month. I got caught up platinuming Borderlands 2 on my PS3. Finally did, but it took me 41/2 years to do it. I am working on the DLC now, should have the first DLC pack done today and then just three more.

This month I went up .74% and brings my yearly progress to 1.91% which is a good way towards my 5.1% goal. Next I think I will move on to clean up Resident Evil 6 on PS3 or maybe Assassin's Creed Revelations. With Vahalla announced I am feeling an interest to dive back into Assassin's Creed games. Hopeful to get near 1% done this month, but we'll see.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great job you're doing as always @Squirlruler !

Well, my percentage raise has been super bountiful this month. By the time the list was posted, I actually reached 82.02% completion. Just ~3% more and I reach my goal!

I do not expect this good of a score in May however, since I will work on some difficult stuff later on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update!

This month has been great trophy wise. Finished all of payday 2 and a few other cleanups. Might hit my 95% goal by the July update!

Although a lot of my leftover games are starting to get tough. MHW: Iceborne in particular.

• Like 1

Stats look good! This month was a completely slow month as almost all of it was dedicated to a completely slow run of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. In the upcoming months I'll have to dedicate a lot of time swinging back to my backlog of games I need to complete at some point this year. For now though I'm still reveling in the awesome adventure I just completed... so much so, I bought the original game to play this month! Hah! So after spoiling myself a little, I'll go back to actually trying to actively get my % above 90ish. It keeps going up... and down... and up... and down from around 88% to 91% cause I keep playing new games! Argh! Hahaha. 

Also some people have mentioned MHW... a game I've had my eye on but never committed to buying. I think you need online to play it? If so, how are the multiplayer trophies in it? Not sure if I should even attempt to start something like that with a goal I don't think I can even reach. Looks like a long plat too... was wondering if the game is worth the price? Any opinions on it? Might pick it up for next year as something to do in the downtime.

Thanks for the update @Squirlruler

am starting to think my goal of 70% might be a tad optimistic, lol

Complete 100 games, pop 100 plats for a return of 1.93% increase? ?

Guess that's the price I pay for letting my collection/backlog get so big, lol

Will try not purchasing or starting any new games for a month or three methinks.... ?

• Like 1

Mine looks good. Been doing a pick my plat event that started last month and it has really helped me clean up some games i wouldn't have gone back too for a long time which has helped my overall percentage. Just like last year i have hit my goal in the first half of the year but the hard part comes once all these new games come out and i start playing them instead of my backlog.. since we have a lot of time left this year im going to try to up mine to 75% now for a total increase of 14.24% this year

Good luck to everyone and hopefully you all hit your set goals. 

• Like 1