Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

Starting Journey and Beyond Good & Evil HD set my completion more than 2% lower than it was ? Even though they're both non-platinum games with just 315 points worth of trophies each. This just shows how small my profile really is in terms of games played.

Both games are really good, BTW. 

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 3

Well really haven't posted in the thread since joining the challenge, but I'm doing pretty well so far. I managed to get quite a bit of platinums thanks to going back to some older stuff and I still have quite a bit I can do pretty easily. Also managed to sprinkle some new games in too. Though one game in particular took me awhile and it was very mindless(F##K Bloons TD 5). Managed to already get at least 1 platinum this month too, that being AI:The Somnium Files(Was very good)

With my progress, I might be able to reach my goal before the end of the summer, maybe earlier! 

• Like 4

So, I upgraded my MHW copy to Iceborne, which added the new trophy list to my profile and lowered my completion rate by almost 1%. I'm back below the 98% mark again.

I want to get to a point where I can start a new game without dipping below 98%, so I think I'm finally gonna go back to Dead Space to finish the trophies. It's been years since I played it, it's by far the oldest unfinished game on my profile. I should also get back into Shiren the Wanderer on Vita soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

It’s mid month update time guys and gals! How are we all travelling?

I started this month with two games added to my list:

On 06.05.2020 at 1:26 AM, Alderriz said:

Starting Journey and Beyond Good & Evil HD set my completion more than 2% lower than it was.

I completed BG&E and got most trophies in Journey, which gave me about 2,3%. So now I'm at my new highest completion with 83,08%.

I think It will stay at this number for a week or two. The next two games I'm gonna play are PS1 titles.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sword said:

I know I can complete Skyrim and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness this year (my two big backlog games atm). Will work solely on those after the summer probably, which should finally get my % in the higher 90's as a stable number. Right now it's still fluxing between 88 and 92%. But... new experiences.... soooo tempting....

Another game I have to finish. I remember playing and really digging this game a couple of years back. I know where I am in the game; going through the challenge dungeons in each area while working on my OG death walking? title/gear.  At the time I had all the time in the world to complete it, but then I went on holiday and never started it up again. I was 1 week or 2 from getting the plat. Thank god it's less of a chore than 4. I still have to finish that, too.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Another game I have to finish. I remember playing and really digging this game a couple of years back. I know where I am in the game; going through the challenge dungeons in each area while working on my OG death walking? title/gear.  At the time I had all the time in the world to complete it, but then I went on holiday and never started it up again. I was 1 week or 2 from getting the plat. Thank god it's less of a chore than 4. I still have to finish that, too.

4 is sitting in my list, taunting me. I have to beat it with a broom every now and then to keep it at bay. I am NOT starting that in a competition designed around % completion. But one day... it will be conquered.... maybe...

The only part I don't like about the Star Ocean games is that their difficulty trophies do not stack and you have to play one difficulty to unlock another. -_- Which would make sense if everything transfered between files, but it doesn't, only a select few things do. In games designed around spending ridiculous amount of time for the plat, it would be nice to cut off 20-30 hours of that time NOT having to repeat difficulty related things. Aye ya ya...

At least 5 has a way to tell what items you crafted and didn't. Unlike 4... and the amount of Excel spreadsheets used on that one. -__- 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Got some motivation to start some backlog again and the first game I decided to go with glitched...sigh. I spammed the 25 more houses to get the 50 houses sold for House Flipper and nothing. Now experimenting seeing how I can get it to unlock.

Ok, so none of the things I tried worked so far. Redownloading the game did not help, my save in the cloud was already updated so I could not go back to an earlier save point. The only option left I see is to completely delete my save and start from scratch. Which is the last thing I want to do. Spamming the 50 houses isnt long, it is mostly dealing with the long load times. I think I did 25 houses yesterday in about 45 mins while trying to get the 50 originally. It now goes a far ay down the pile. It should have been an easy plat to just get done yesterday. I should have known better. Now it is just taunting me. 

• Like 2

Reached 98% and now I am down to my last 4 games, 3 of them need a LOT of time for a very small number of trophies, one needs less time but the trophies are tricky and I need to relearn the game first. 100% feels like it is within my reach, but the last trophies will definitely not make it easy for me.

• Like 3

My last update was February the 24th, it's already been another trimester! I thought I'd make another post with the games I played and how my completion rate has changed since then! My completion rate was 51% when I made the last post, and it's now at a solid 58%. However, I should mention that I hid two "one-trophy" games I'll never play again that were on my profile, so that also influenced it.

Format:
Games I played since February the 24th (with notes on if I started the game already, if I completed the game and how I got the game): additional notes
I decided to separate games that I platinum'd (but not 100%) and the ones I got 100% on this time. It'll make the completion rate more clear, because of Far Cry 5 that I already platinum'd but now I finished the DLC so that's why it's back again in this post.

• Bioshock (new, PS+)
  • The Sims 4 (new, 100%, PS+): thanks to the PSN profiles forum this was one of the easiest plats ever
  • Fifa 17 (backlog, 100%purchased): finally got the Online draft trophy out of the way (which was a pain in the ass), so I cleaned this one up after 3 years!
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY edition (new, 100%purchased): spent the entirety of march playing this game, put over 100 hours in. What a masterpiece!
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (new, 100%purchased)
  • The Order: 1886 (new, 100%, library)
  • Until Dawn (backlog, 100%PS+): finally cleaned this one up too after 2 years since first time playing. Fun to see the different endings and all the collectibles.
  • Far Cry 5 (backlog, 100%, purchased): got the DLC out of the way, was kinda boring but the Season Pass was only 10 bucks and also included FC3 so still worth it!
  • Borderlands 2 (new, PS+)
  • Overcooked 2 (new, purchased): decided to buy the sequel with my sister! Great game to play with close ones during quarantaine!
  • Far Cry 3: Classic Edition (new, 100%purchased)

That was it! Considerably less titles now in comparison with last update (11 compared to 17), which can be explained by the hours I put into TW3 haha. I played a lot starting in march until around mid-april, but the last weeks have been a bit slower because I decided to put effort into Hearthstone (to get legend ranking, which I got btw). I'll probably make another update around august, because for the entirety of june I won't be able to play a lot due to exams. I also still have a lot of games I still want to play before PS5 launch, so there'll probably be more library games too.

Thanks for reading and see you at my next update post!

• Like 4

My monthly update. 

Ive managed to make some progress with my % this month 

- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (100% and plat)

- Gris (100% and plat)

- Fe (100% and plat)

- Seasons after Fall (100% and plat) 

- Uncharted:Drakes Fortune (plat)

I’m working my way through Uncharted 2 at the moment clearing remaining trophies. Hoping to get the Plat for them all before The Last of Us 2 ?

Edited by MortalRikku
  • Like 3