Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

5 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I haven't spent as long, but I am playing this game as well! :highfive: The map is huge! 

The DLC (which I’m working on currently) I’m estimating will take me roughly 45-50hrs to complete. This is longer than most full games.. ??

• Like 1

Oh no! I think this is my first month where I've been in minus!

I must have started MW2 Remastered and synced it seconds before @Squirlruler compiled the stats ?

Over the weekend I managed to play a lot of MW2 and Ghost of Tsushima and I'm close to finishing them both, once those are finished I can get back to Mass Effect 3 and The Last of Us Part II and then once THOSE are finished I can start digging into older games again to hopefully put me back in the positive for August.

The finish line is looming ever closer but if we focus, we can do it!

22 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

The DLC (which I’m working on currently) I’m estimating will take me roughly 45-50hrs to complete. This is longer than most full games.. 1f62c.png1f602.png

Enjoy the DLC tho. It is fantastic! I put of playing the Witcher because I though it was too big. Im glad I have played Origins and Odyssey - it really sparked an interest in large open world games for me. I was a bit overwhelmed to begin with. 

On 8/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, gruffiiti said:

The DLC (which I’m working on currently) I’m estimating will take me roughly 45-50hrs to complete. This is longer than most full games.. 1f62c.png1f602.png

if you 100% 100% the DLC it could definitely take you that long. Overall the platinum & 100% took me like 90hours. I didn’t 100% everything but I enjoyed everything I did and even collected all Gwent Cards despite them not being required for trophies (kind of)

Month Increase: 0.05%

I must admit I'm actually surprised that there is growth since I started new games.?

Last month was mostly focused on the Last of Us 2.  

Luckily there are no new games being started any time soon, so there is a good chance for bigger growth next month.

Fully focused on Ghost of Tsushima, Doom Eternal and Death Stranding this month?

I've been playing Dark Souls 2 and jfc, that game is long. The trophy guide gives an 80 hour estimate for the platinum, which requires 2.5 playthroughs (or just one playthrough and 1000 pvp wins, which at this point would take much longer). I'm still on my first playthrough and I'm already at 120 hours of total play time. By the time I'm done with the end game cleanup, I'll have spent 130-140 hours before even moving on to NG+ and NG++. Granted, a good chunk of that is due to the DLC which is not required for the platinum on the PS3 version, but even without that there's no way I'd have taken less than 100 hours just on the first playthrough. Even if I'm being exceptionally slow, 80 hours for the full 2.5 playthroughs is beyond unrealistic unless you already know the game inside out, in which case you wouldn't be using a trophy guide.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a late mid month check in. How are we doing folks? Any big numbers, frustrations or observations. 

I currently need to earn 1% each month to hit my target of 85%. I have just increased it to 80% neat by playing The Witcher 3 every day for the past month and a half. I have also been plugging away at Overwatch (playing comp with a few mates has been the best way to counteract the monster that is The Witcher 3). I have also played a little bit of Bioshock infinite and AC: Black flag. I lost my saves on my ps3, so starting AC: Black flag from scratch is killing me. After playing the two newer AC games, the older games feel rather jankey. Hold r1 to run and jump..... no thanks. 

Because I need such large numbers each month, I am pretty much limited to playing backlog games..... there is a reason you stop playing a game and it is really hard to find enjoyment in a game when you are so focused on earning the trophies in a game you stopped playing because it wasn't for you. As such I'm feeling a little burnt out and loosing enjoyment in playing my PlayStation in general. Working 12+ hour days, juggling exercise and family plus other hobbies really make it hard. 

Anyway, enough about me. How are you all going? 

• Like 3

I've managed to recoup my losses from last month and I'm currently at 83.37%. I'm still confident I can reach 85% by the end of the year.

The only new game I'm definitely getting this year will be Cyberpunk so until then it gives me time to focus on backlog games and gain %.

Currently, I'm working really hard to get The Crew finally finished! I swear this will be the hardest I've ever worked for a platinum! I just need to grind out another 800AP for the 10,000AP trophy, which shouldn't take long then after that my controller will be rubber banded to rack up 8000km on a single car. And then it'll finally be finished.

I've worked it out that if I complete everything I'm currently working on I'll be just shy of 84%. After that I'll need to finish off about 3-4 PS3 games to reach my goal. But, I've got Minecraft on the PS3 as a lifeline as it's worth a whopping 0.77%, so if I get desperate I can always get stuck into that ?.

• Like 2

Coming up to 49%, I get really close then start a few new games so it can be frustrating. Playing a lot of backlog and have knocked out some games that have sat uncompleted for 5+ years though. The backlog challenges on this site have helped with that. I have annual leave at the start of September, I'll try and get some more backloggery out of the way however I know I'll be starting new releases also. I still feel I could be on target for 50-55% with smart play though.

• Like 2

Cracked 90% this month which is kind of cool.  Finally getting around to clearing out some of the games that have sat on my profile incomplete for over a year O.o.  Uncharted 4 is finally done and I'm working on the KH3 DLC which is taking forever since it basically requires you to play through the game a full extra time, but I'm still having a good time with it.  Looking to end the month over 91% and make the push for the 95% by the end of the year.  

Either way lets all keep moving.  

• Like 1

Have had a decent enough improvement this month.  Actually got Kingdom Hearts II up to an A rank at last which was one goal I had this year.  Working on Tales of Symphonia still.  Finally started the second playthrough since I got as much as I could from the first.  It just kind of sucks that I won't get to a point where I can get more trophies in it until I am done and I've got a long way to go in it.  The next trophy I can earn is for 100 hours of playtime, and I'm at about 80 hours right now.  Then after that I've got a few title completion trophies I can get this time around and should be able to complete the monster book and a few more random titles towards the rest of the title completion trophies.  Probably won't finish the second playthrough this month, but I'll still keep chipping away.  Only bad thing is that Hajimari no Kiseki comes out next week and that's going to be a long plat since new Japanese games are pretty hard to plat quickly.  Still, I'm eager for more Kiseki, so I'm still playing it because I'm nuts enough to play a game in a language I still am not fluent in (though I am improving a lot!).

Also did a few EZPZ plats so I don't get too disgruntled by low number of trophies earned this month.  That's getting the unstarted backlog down nicely.  Trying to get that below 60 by the end of the year and keep it there, which is a good improvement over it being at 80+ at the beginning of the year.  It's at 63 now.

Edited by ladynadiad

I got to admit that even though it was busy with work, I managed to get a decent increase this month. 

I'm now more than halfway towards my goal but the games I'm now playing I will definitely complete until platinum.

So expect an even bigger increase next month, after the last couple of months were not that great :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Just started Ghost of Tsushima........ whoops. 5 days before update too 1f631.png1f602.png So much for only playing backlog. 

We've all been there! ? I had that last month but the good thing is that the trophies are relatively easy in Ghost of Tsushima.

Plus you still have 5 days :). Good luck!

On 8/25/2020 at 5:42 PM, Gumby114 said:

Just started Ghost of Tsushima........ whoops. 5 days before update too 1f631.png1f602.png So much for only playing backlog. 

Not like I'm going to be much better.  Just got the good news that my copy of Hajimari no Kiseki is set to arrive tomorrow when I hadn't expected it before September. 

On 8/26/2020 at 2:39 AM, Copanele said:

Well, reached 88.88% completion. Gotta say, fun number.

At this rate I will reach my second goal of 90% way before the end of the year. Not sure if I should go for more, since the games become increasingly difficult xD 

95% as a stretch goal, Come on you got it!

• Like 3