Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

Just now, damage_6-9 said:

@Squirlruler  Love your work on this, many thanks 1f44d.png

but you have given me too much credit for August : 313 trophies and 64.85% ..

should be 271 trophies and 64.79%

Popped the extra 42 trophies today, guess the difference is due to my timezone?

Yea, I don't check the actual time, just take a snapshot of your stats, so if you earned some this morning before my update, they are counted.

• Like 2

I still haven't gone back to Skyrim or Star Ocean... so needless to say, it probably won't happen this year. A certain upcoming game will probably stall my progress in this challenge completely. Oh well. Waifu hunting here I come on Sept 28th through 2 years from now lmao.

Had a great month though because I also participated in the Summer Team Tag event. Though, it was a better first week... during the second week of the month a derecho (I still don't know how to spell that correctly so bleh) went through my state and my city was without power for 8 days for most people. Hung out at my parents house (an hour away) that got power back after 1 day so... didn't get too much done during that time or the next week. Our city is STILL recovering but life is at least 98% back to normal I'd say. In the 90%'s (and holding) finally! I can start a new game and finally not have it drop below 90%, so goal #1 accomplished. 100% will still not happen, but oh well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

@jonesey46
Original Starting PCG: 77.38%                    August Earned Trophies: 143
Goal PCG: 85%                    August Earned Platinums: 6
August Starting PCG: 82.61%                    August Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 83.63%                    August Games Completed: 5
Month Increase: 1.02%
Total Increase: 6.25%

Looks great! I'm really chuffed with my progress. Only another 1.39% to go to reach my goal! If we do this again next year I would like to set my goal at 90% and if I could reach that I think I would truly be happy with my profile.

Thanks again @Squirlruler for all the hard work you've done this year keeping track of everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@ladynadiad
Original Starting PCG: 96.16%                    August Earned Trophies: 171
Goal PCG: 99.5%                    August Earned Platinums: 5
August Starting PCG: 97.07%                    August Games Started: 6
Current PCG: 96.82%                    August Games Completed: 5
Month Increase: -0.25%
Total Increase: 0.66%

Had done pretty well and got to 97.24% and then Hajimari no Kiseki arrived before the month ended.  At least it appears that Hajimari is a pretty reasonable plat for a JRPG.  The game itself is shorter than the previous games with lots of extra side content.  There aren't many side quests sending you all over the place, instead the points are obtained by doing missions in the Reverie Corridor. It may be doable to get the plat by the end of September and my completion will be helped if I can keep up the pattern of playing something on PS3 daily for about an hour until I wrap up Hajimari.

• Like 1

Was working on Gris platinum last night, crossed the 40.00% mark with childhood trophy . I am happy with crossing that milestone. 

Got up this morning needing a gold and silver trophy to get the Gris platinum, got them. Updated my profile and the completion percentage didn't change. 120 trophy points did'nt change my percentage, now Im scared.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChuckDNorris said:

Was working on Gris platinum last night, crossed the 40.00% mark with childhood trophy . I am happy with crossing that milestone. 

Got up this morning needing a gold and silver trophy to get the Gris platinum, got them. Updated my profile and the completion percentage didn't change. 120 trophy points did'nt change my percentage, now Im scared.

I'm starting to know that feeling as well.  Not quite 120 trophy points doesn't change it, but bronzes don't always have an increase now and it sucks because that makes it harder to get it up.  It's always nice to see progress and harder to keep motivation when it takes longer to see any progress.  Still good job getting yourself to 40%  With the number of games you have played that's quite a feat right there.

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm starting to know that feeling as well.  Not quite 120 trophy points doesn't change it, but bronzes don't always have an increase now and it sucks because that makes it harder to get it up.  It's always nice to see progress and harder to keep motivation when it takes longer to see any progress.  Still good job getting yourself to 40%  With the number of games you have played that's quite a feat right there.

Actually I wish my profile was more like yours being more toward 90%. Last year, after taking a burnout break from trophies I got into a habit of playing easy games in my list to raise my psn level percentage atleast one percent everyday. 2019 was really hard year it allowed me to have distraction.

Raising my percentage is hard because. I keep buying games on digital sale, a subcription to gamefly and ps now. So I have to keep making rules so I don't add games.

A month ago I wanted to play Call of duty infinite warfare zombies, because it was fun on xbox one. So I played it and got a random trophy and was like Noooooooooo. That added like 89 unearned trophies

1 hour ago, ChuckDNorris said:

Actually I wish my profile was more like yours being more toward 90%. Last year, after taking a burnout break from trophies I got into a habit of playing easy games in my list to raise my psn level percentage atleast one percent everyday. 2019 was really hard year it allowed me to have distraction.

Raising my percentage is hard because. I keep buying games on digital sale, a subcription to gamefly and ps now. So I have to keep making rules so I don't add games.

A month ago I wanted to play Call of duty infinite warfare zombies, because it was fun on xbox one. So I played it and got a random trophy and was like Noooooooooo. That added like 89 unearned trophies

There are advantages to both.  It's actually a lot harder than people think to get your percentage up once you're already up there, but not quite at 100%.  As you get higher, you have a lot less choice and are left with games you've been putting off for years for good reason.

It's about mid-month. How's everyone been doing these past weeks?

Me personally, I'm just burnt out at the moment. We had a death of a co-worker at my company 2 weeks ago and I'm working on rapidly stepping into the position and workload that the co-worker did just to keep the company going. It's a major task and I've just been burnt out every night when I come home. Can't really trophy hunt properly. I'm taking vacation days at the end of this month to play Genshin Impact when it releases and to just take a break from life for awhile. Other than that my trophy hunting is pretty much nil this month, other than playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered with my sister and working my way to zone 3600 on Clicker Heroes (legit). Just crossed zone 3200 this morning. Been a long 3 months of casual time in that game. I just leave my PS4 running all day and hop on it whenever my sister wants to play/I'm hunting artifacts in that game for fun here or there. Bleh month for sure.

Hope ya'all having better months and progress! 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Sword said:

Me personally, I'm just burnt out at the moment. We had a death of a co-worker at my company 2 weeks ago and I'm working on rapidly stepping into the position and workload that the co-worker did just to keep the company going. It's a major task and I've just been burnt out every night when I come home. Can't really trophy hunt properly. I'm taking vacation days at the end of this month to play Genshin Impact when it releases and to just take a break from life for awhile. Other than that my trophy hunting is pretty much nil this month, other than playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered with my sister and working my way to zone 3600 on Clicker Heroes (legit). Just crossed zone 3200 this morning. Been a long 3 months of casual time in that game. I just leave my PS4 running all day and hop on it whenever my sister wants to play/I'm hunting artifacts in that game for fun here or there. Bleh month for sure.

im doing good, I think 

Sorry about your coworker, it is hard for a company to adjust to loss of coworker by death, When I was working thru college, I had a job that was kind of like a second family. We lost three people in three years. They were really good people, I remember them. In a way kinda made my boss become bitter, because of the unfairness. Just take your time and remember they are just videogames.

• Like 1

On 16.9.2020 at 5:18 AM, Sword said:

Sorry to hear about your colleague. My condolences. 

Regarding your new stressful position, you should maybe try and find a relaxing game without trophy hunting. I personally find Spiderman very relaxing. Just swinging around the city, maybe take a couple of photos in photo mode. 

I got a new plat myself (thanks tell tale) and am currently working on getting 100% on Brawlhalla. I may start playing some "summer of play" games soon. 

I generally don't feel like playing much currently though, I have my reading phase. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RikuKelev said:

Sorry to hear about your colleague. My condolences. 

Regarding your new stressful position, you should maybe try and find a relaxing game without trophy hunting. I personally find Spiderman very relaxing. Just swinging around the city, maybe take a couple of photos in photo mode. 

I got a new plat myself (thanks tell tale) and am currently working on getting 100% on Brawlhalla. I may start playing some "summer of play" games soon. 

I generally don't feel like playing much currently though, I have my reading phase. 

Yeah, I pulled out the ol' Nintendo DS and have been playing Rune Factory on it. Just doing something completely different for a change (farming/romance game instead of heavy RPG/leveling/grinding) has been a welcome change. And going to a game without any trophy or achievement system at all is a very nice break before Genshin comes out next week. 

Thanks for the well wishes as well. Things have settled down a lot so I'm getting into the swing of things at work again. :)

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1

I am actually going in the right direction. Later today I should be finished with another story, easy game that i left sitting for awhile, but finishing the story is netting me a big jump in PCG. I think i went up .40% in just completing two chapters. So by the end of the month I will be in a good place. Much better than I have been in some time. 

• Like 3

Hmmm, with 96 days left until the end of the year, I did a little calculation. To meet my stretch goal of 85% completion, I will have to complete around 165 games. That is, if the current amount I earn per complete game stays about the same, though it will continue to go down as I play more and more. With Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla coming out in November, that may take me away from hitting this goal. Because I don't think I can wait until the new year to start playing them and I know once I start playing them I will not want to stop. Well, off to try and complete 1.7 games per day ?

• Like 1

Hey all, friendly reminder, I will be doing the next update Thursday, before 9AM EST. Make sure you get your updates in before then!

Seems like I will actually make a little progress this month. Hopefully this trend continues, haven't started any new games and making good progress with ACO (game is soooo long -,-) And that should net me some good progression.

• Like 1