Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

And another slooooow month for me. At least I didn't slip down, but made progress with ACO. Just finished the main story so now doing plat clean up. There's so much haha, then I gotta do all that DLC.

The DLC takes a ton of time too. Im still not far into the Fate of Atlantis DLC and have almost 25hrs into DLC already. :S

@gruffiiti

Original Starting PCG: 65.01%                    September Earned Trophies: 79
Goal PCG: 80%                    September Earned Platinums: 2
September Starting PCG: 79.29%                    September Games Started: 2
Current PCG: 80.95%                    September Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: 1.66%
Total Increase: 15.94%

Thanks for the number crunching every month. I hit my goal of 80% this past month and now plan to shift focus onto maintaining that completion. Who knows though... perhaps by end of the year I may be pushing 90%. :eyebrow:

• Like 2

@jonesey46
Original Starting PCG: 77.38%                    September Earned Trophies: 127
Goal PCG: 85%                    September Earned Platinums: 3
September Starting PCG: 83.63%                    September Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 84.61%                    September Games Completed: 3
Month Increase: 0.98%
Total Increase: 7.23%

Stats look great. I'm so close I can taste it. Don't plan on upping my goal so once I hit 85% I'll just try and increase it as much as possible but will probably be starting a fair amount of new games soon with the PS5 releasing, so I'll need to make sure I can keep it above 85%.

This is my first time doing one of these events. What usually happens at the end?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Must.stop.starting.new.games

Must.stop.buying.new.games

Must.only.play.games.already.started

Must.... ah, who am I kidding.... can't help myself, lol

In case if you need some more motivation ?

Spoiler

Another month without trophies for me. Only played PS1 games. October is going to be different, hopefully. I've been thinking about going back to MGS3 and doing a clean-up run with the guide. So I'll probably do that soon. Don't know about MGS2. Unlike animals and items in Snake Eater, hundreds of dog tags that are left to collect still scare me ?.

Just now, Niilismo said:

I keep starting long-ass games lately. At this rate I don't think I'll get to 100% before the end of the year. Between Phantom Pain, MHW, and Shiren the Wanderer, it'll take me at least 500 hours, assuming I don't start any other games.

Those mission tasks in MGSV are going to be a pain... A Phantom Pain.

• Like 3

Must say I had a strong start this month, but then I started playing Red Dead Redemption 2?.

Still enjoying the heck out of it, even though being a slow and extreme big game.

Decided to finish this month in style by getting a platinum. ?

I'm on track for achieving my target, as I'm focusing more on completing existing games and saving for the PS5.

@Squirlruler: Thanks again for the efforts! :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Copanele said:

Well, I accomplished my third and final target, reaching 90% completion. Even forgot to keep track of it, realized that I have 90.10% actually so...Yey!

Final target will be maintaining this percentage by the end of the year. Will not attempt reaching 95% because I doubt I will have the patience to finish the rest of the games in an acceptable amount of time.

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RikuKelev said:

I think it's just weird af. 

And I don't understand why they can do that but we can't delete trophy lists. 

Deleting trophy lists that have trophies earned is a bad idea to let players have access to because there will be all sorts of problems with trophy lists being deleted in error and people complaining about the hours lost.  It would be an absolute nightmare for Sony as far as support goes because there is absolutely no security measure they could put in place for it that would ensure no problems occur.   I know I personally feel that deleting trophy lists should be something only accessible to Sony employees who handle recovering hacked accounts for the sake of removing any lists added without the user's consent.

16 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Deleting trophy lists that have trophies earned is a bad idea to let players have access to because there will be all sorts of problems with trophy lists being deleted in error and people complaining about the hours lost.  It would be an absolute nightmare for Sony as far as support goes because there is absolutely no security measure they could put in place for it that would ensure no problems occur.   I know I personally feel that deleting trophy lists should be something only accessible to Sony employees who handle recovering hacked accounts for the sake of removing any lists added without the user's consent.

Imagine all the hacked accounts having their entire lists deleted.... ALL the high levels would be targeted relentlessly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Imagine all the hacked accounts having their entire lists deleted.... ALL the high levels would be targeted relentlessly. 

I also can imagine all the revenge trophy deletion from exes and other such people who have reason to be upset at people.  Most people don't know that stuff like that actually does happen, and sadly far more frequently than the average person can imagine.  That along with hacked accounts are the main reasons why I doubt Sony will ever make it possible to delete anything besides 0% lists.

• Like 1

It's halfway thru the month. How is everybody doing? 

Personally I managed to make a big leap towards my goal as I decided finally to focus more on some already owned games that did not get proper attention.

2 plats this week so far. Hopefully I can keep this up instead of doing what @damage_6-9 said earlier ?

On 10/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Must.stop.starting.new.games

Must.stop.buying.new.games

Must.only.play.games.already.started

Must.... ah, who am I kidding.... can't help myself, lol

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to check my actual completion...reached 91.19% ! Given that the initial goal was 85%...yeah it's a good improvement I'd say.  

I will try again with another third goal of 93%. Not sure if I can reach the sweet 95% by the end of the year,I'll take baby steps.

• Like 4