Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

I'm in, if you let me. Years back did Kill Your Completion and then abandoned gaming alltogether (unrelated). So this year I'm going back to what I used to have, and that is over 90%. So:

Starting: 70,72%

Target: 90% or more

10 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Since the new year is upon us, here are my starting stats. (crossed out games are ones I'd rather not play again, italicized games are ones where I don't have the DLC required for 100%).

RLGeTNS.png

Love the spreadsheet, and definitely am going to consider making my own.  Just of note though, Platinums aren't actually counted towards the completion just like on PSN, only in unearned trophies count, so you'll want to subtract 180 from points available on games you've not gotten the plat on, subtract it from earned if you have the plat and need the 100% from DLC still so you get a more accurate completion boost percentage.  Hope you can get the DLC for King's Quest soon because it was pretty fun and an easy 100% too.  It's about 2-4 hours per DLC if you use a guide.

Now I just have to figure out how to calculate completion boost since that varies depending on how many points are available to a player in total, and for even more of a pain, it changes every time a game is added or trophies are added to a game (though thankfully my only games with DLC are probably never getting more DLC).

@ChuckDNorris - go to the trophy page and it shows your points right under the total on the right side just above the game's info (dev, publisher, etc.).  You'll have to do that for each incomplete game, so for people with a lot of incompletes that may be time consuming.

47 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Love the spreadsheet, and definitely am going to consider making my own.  Just of note though, Platinums aren't actually counted towards the completion just like on PSN, only in unearned trophies count, so you'll want to subtract 180 from points available on games you've not gotten the plat on, subtract it from earned if you have the plat and need the 100% from DLC still so you get a more accurate completion boost percentage.  Hope you can get the DLC for King's Quest soon because it was pretty fun and an easy 100% too.  It's about 2-4 hours per DLC if you use a guide.

Now I just have to figure out how to calculate completion boost since that varies depending on how many points are available to a player in total, and for even more of a pain, it changes every time a game is added or trophies are added to a game (though thankfully my only games with DLC are probably never getting more DLC).

I am subtracting out platinums, I cut out columns for how many specific trophies I have in these games as well whether it has a platinum which are used to calculate these since I think the points earned vs available gives a good enough overview of the completion of a game (it's a little more detailed than a straight percentage, e.g. 90% can be 90 of 100 which is a different effort than 2250 of 2500).

The formula for completion boost I'm using is (the adjusted totals already have platinum points subtracted out):

(AdjustedOverallTotalPoints + PointsAvailable - PointsEarned - 180 * GameHasUnearnedPlatinum) / AdjustedOverallPointsAvailable - Completion

2 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I am subtracting out platinums, I cut out columns for how many specific trophies I have in these games as well whether it has a platinum which are used to calculate these since I think the points earned vs available gives a good enough overview of the completion of a game (it's a little more detailed than a straight percentage, e.g. 90% can be 90 of 100 which is a different effort than 2250 of 2500).

The formula for completion boost I'm using is (the adjusted totals already have platinum points subtracted out):

(AdjustedOverallTotalPoints + PointsAvailable - PointsEarned - 180 * GameHasUnearnedPlatinum) / AdjustedOverallPointsAvailable - Completion

Ah, so the math is based on the stuff on the right then rather than the columns, makes sense!  A shame I majorly suck at formulas in spreadsheets.  The main thing I can tell is the big ones that will add the most completion for me are Resonance of Fate and Rune Factory since they have the same number of points left.

I'd actually be curious to see the full spreadsheet you have since that looks really useful.

I have added everyone in that has joined, I am astounded at the large participation already this year. we are at 41 participants already. I will leave it open for a handful more. Good luck to everyone involved. if your score has changed already it can be part of your challenge completion. 

Stats updates will go out monthly like normal. 

For myself the day before new years I got to exactly 55%. 

4 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

I have some hidden games from past room mates. Am I still able to join? I am on 76.24% but I am aiming for 85%.

I have 43 hidden trophies.

I can understand that I am overprotective and make sure my kids use another account if they play with my wife or something. As long as it is not intentional to make your score look better than it really is. maybe one at a time try knocking those games out too. 

On 12/31/2019 at 4:29 AM, Caju_94 said:

My last year participation was a mess! :P I'm more focused on playing more games rather than raising my completion rate. I'll skip this one and maybe in 2021 I'll be back. Have to clear some campaign backlog first. :P 

Good luck and enjoy I will see you next year.

9 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

I'd like to join, but since I'm at 98% I won't be able to meet the 5% minimum requirement. Is it okay if I join anyway? I'm aiming for 100% this year.

Starting: 98.02%

Goal: 100%

Wow, good luck with the 100%.  I know you won't be alone in being above the point where you can't get 5% anymore, there's two of us at above 95% going for 99% and 99.50%

I’d like to join although I already have a 99.45% completion rate but maybe this will give me some motivation again to tackle the trophies I haven’t gotten yet. 

Starting: 99.45%

Goal: 100%

Trophy backlog:

Wolfenstein II: 95%

Super Meat Boy: 7%

Prey: 84%

Trackmania Turbo: 85%

Ys Origin: 91%

Alienation: 94%

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I can understand that I am overprotective and make sure my kids use another account if they play with my wife or something. As long as it is not intentional to make your score look better than it really is. maybe one at a time try knocking those games out too. 

Good luck and enjoy I will see you next 

You can see the sudden spike on my profile when I realised that trophy hunting was a thing. I wasn't all that concerned before then. Unfortunately the damage was done. I now have 3 profiles set up on my ps4.... a guest one is a must. 

Anyway, I like your advice. I will try to knock the hidden games out too and then unhide them. 

If I can still join tho, I'd love to participate. 

Edited by Gumby114

Starting: %44.30

Goal: %55

Going to aim high even if I don't reach it, I have plenty of games I want to start but I also have plenty I want to chip away at as well and a %11 increase seems kind of do able.  Unfortunatly I have some games I played on PSNow for 5 seconds just to try them before I first started trophy hunting that I will be avoiding playing but I have plenty I wanna work on as well.

Decided to do some calculations to see how much I would have to do to get ny completion up to my goal and it turns out that at a rate of 0.001308421 completion per bronze (slver is double, gold is sextuple that), I would need 3768 bronze trophies worth of points to reach my goal before adding any other game to my profile. For reference, one entire plat list can have anywhere from 64 to 70 bronzes worth of points before plat (plats not counting towards completion percentage here), so that's nearly 54 plat games worth of trophies. Gonna be a hell of a trek. :jaymon: