Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Going with the theme consider what your three walls will be, do not yourself be pushed backwards so far that you cannot claim a victory for humanity. 

I know what some of mine are and I'm sure a few others share these:

1. Lack of interest/skill to finish incomplete games.  Not always because the games are bad, sometimes I just got frustrated over something hard or something came up like my PS3 controller breaking and didn't have enough interest to resolve that in a timely manner.

2. Too much temptation to play new games.  Not helped by actually being in a good enough financial state that I can afford to buy most of the games I'm interesting in playing.  My PS4 backlog has grown huge because of this.  I alleviate this a bit by setting goals for incompletes and using playing new stuff as a reward for those goals  When I start a new game, I try not to start a second until I'm done with the first.

3. My incompletes all requiring too much time to finish and my interest in shorter run events.  Hard to use events to encourage me to play those old games when many don't run long enough to finish those plus a bunch of others so I just start shorter games.

Now playing stuff I haven't started in my backlog isn't terrible.  If I finish my completion goes up a tiny bit and I can knock a game off in my backlog which is still a good result.  I'm just barely making any dent in getting unearned trophies down and it stays pretty stable.  I got it down a bit at the end of the year by finishing up one long incomplete and I'm one trophy away from finishing another.  I mostly need to find a better mix of playing older games and starting new games.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Going with the theme consider what your three walls will be, do not yourself be pushed backwards so far that you cannot claim a victory for humanity. 

My big thing is I usually just play new games, so my completion only inches up. I think this year I am going to try something like 1-2 new games, 1 non-completed game. This should help me clear out lots of things. First one off that list is going to be Dragon Age: Origins. I just bought the Ultimate disk, so I will have all the DLC and will be able to start in about a week.

20 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I would say what @ladynadiad has said is spot on to my situation! 

I was much better last year with finishing games than previous years. Just need to go through a lot of them and clear up trophies ? 

I still have a bunch that haven’t been opened that I plan on playing this year and not buying as many new titles, just being more selective in what I actually want day one and games that can just wait until the backlog takes a chopping.

The biggest culprit in my backlog pile is all the open world games as I’m just a sucker for all those side quests ? so planning on actually finishing the main game and then doing all those side quests! 

3 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

I would say what @ladynadiad has said is spot on to my situation! 

I was much better last year with finishing games than previous years. Just need to go through a lot of them and clear up trophies 1f3c6.png 

I still have a bunch that haven’t been opened that I plan on playing this year and not buying as many new titles, just being more selective in what I actually want day one and games that can just wait until the backlog takes a chopping.

The biggest culprit in my backlog pile is all the open world games as I’m just a sucker for all those side quests ? so planning on actually finishing the main game and then doing all those side quests!

Yeah, I definitely got much better at starting games that I'd be able to finish and have no incompletes left that I started in 2018 and 2019 now.  The hard part is dealing with that urge to buy more games.

On 03/01/2020 at 3:31 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

My 3 walls.... 

1. I have some large games in my already played but never finished. Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V and Assassins Creed: Black Flag.

2. I really have too many games I have purchased and never played. I get overwhelmed and play Overwatch or Call of Duty instead. 

3. Juggling work (12 hour days at a new job), wife, friends, sleep and gym, while trying to get 2 or 3 trophies a day. It really limits what types of games I play. I have found that if I play 2 or 3 games at a time (1 RPG - I group games like AC in this category, a quick banger - telltale or walking sims and a racer generally keep these trophies flowing.) The last 3 months have been a real dry spell tho.

17 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

The biggest culprit in my backlog pile is all the open world games as I’m just a sucker for all those side quests ? 

O man.... we are all a sucker for a sale to add to our ever expanding backlog..... at least this year there doesn't seem to be too many games im interested in. and who does like a good 3 hour side quest that leads to more side quests. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:31 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

Going with the theme consider what your three walls will be.

I do not have 3 walls sadly, just a hedge on fire that I must yolo through  : MY MOOD. 

I have the amount of patience to get to that percentage, I can handle the time (got quite good at time management lately and the girlfriend is very understanding when it comes to my weird hobbies) HOWEVER....if I feel like juggling 4 games in parallel while not progressing at all...well damn xD I could reach 95% , I could reach 30%. So it's basically...let's see what year brings to me.

That's not very Attack on Titan-ish of me, I know.

I've read through all the forum posts on this thread so far. Good luck to everyone in achieving your % goals! 

If I counted correctly from OP's post on the previous page, at the time of this post, there should still be 1-2 more opening(s) left. I'd like to participate, if you have a spot left. If not, that's ok. :)

I've been a completion % hunter on XBOX for years, now that I've swapped over to Playstation (best decision of late 2019, thanks XBOX for never releasing many JRPG games) seeing anyone interested in chasing % is so much fun to see. It's a quirk and a niche, but it's basically my gaming hobby.

So I would be joining the crazy ones and going for a complete/maintaining 100% account by the end of 2020. Gives me an excuse to also clean up the few games I've been lazily leaving in the backlog.

Current %: 82.53

Goal %: 100

I haven't played too many games so this is very doable. To make it more interesting I guess I can list some games I'd like to start/complete this year amid everything else for the 100% journey, since I won't get to 100% then just sit on it for months. That's just no fun!

Sekiro, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Skyrim + DLC, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (zzz), Diablo 3, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered (unless it gets delayed again! :( ), Star Wars Lego: Skywalker Saga and Tales of Arise, depending if those last 2 games release before November 1st 2020 haha. 

This would also be my first event I've participated in for Playstation & PSNP :)

• Like 2

If there's a slot I'd like to join in too! I haven't paid a lot of attention to my percentage admittedly, but recently seeing it hit 50% has been quite exciting! I'm terrible with starting new games and leaving a lot of stuff unfinished, but I'd like to start knocking out some unfinished stuff so I'm gonna try limit how many new games I start before I finish old ones. Since, as mentioned, I haven't paid too much attention to my overall percentage, I have no idea what sort of goal is reasonable for me at this stage, so I'm going to set it sort of small I think. I hope I can achieve it!

Current: 50.27%

Goal: 60%

I hope everyone Is well and having fun with AOC2020.

I have a question for everyone. I have two unplayed games on my trophy list call of duty: infinite warfare with 89 trophies and the unfinished swan with 10. which game will hurt my completion more or does the calculation take an average of the completion percentage? I'm assuming the call of duty game would hurt it the most with the amount of trophies.

I have been playing Saint row 4 which has 79 trophies with dlc, a lot of bronze trophies which feels like a grind. this made me think about smaller games giving more percentage, or am I wrong in  my thinking.

Because I have a lot of small games that are unfinished on my trophy profile. I would rather play a walking simulator instead of Rise of the tomb raider which has over a hundered trophies on it's list

Edited by ChuckDNorris
gammar check
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I hope everyone Is well and having fun with AOC2020.

I have a question for everyone. I have two unplayed games on my trophy list call of duty: infinite warfare with 89 trophies and the unfinished swan with 10. which game will hurt my completion more or does the calculation take an average of the completion percentage? I'm assuming the call of duty game would hurt it the most with the amount of trophies.

I have been playing Saint row 4 which has 79 trophies with dlc, a lot of bronze trophies which feels like a grind. this made me think about smaller games giving more percentage, or am I wrong in  my thinking.

Because I have a lot of small games that are unfinished on my trophy profile. I would rather play a walking simulator instead of Rise of the tomb raider which has over a hundered trophies on it's list

It's all about the points. If a game has 11 gold trophies it can be worth the same as a game with 50 smaller trophies like bronze.

I looked up the points in Unfinished Swan, it's only 315. So it definitely hurts your percentage less than Infinite Warfare which has 1950 points worth of trophies.

4 hours ago, ChuckDNorris said:

so It is points mot average

Yes, the formula seems to be total points earned (minus platinums) divided by total points available (minus platinums).  Starting and completing a new game does give a bit of a boost though, so it's not terrible to be starting up unplayed games, it's just bad to add new stuff that you won't be able to finish off since that makes the problem worse.

On 31/12/2019 at 7:31 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

I have 40 story modes to complete, if I can get through a good portion of those I will be well on my way.

I just had a look at your profile. More specifically the games we have in common. You have some great story modes still to complete. 

-Ni No Kuni 2

-Spiderman (and DLC)

-South Park 

-Horizon: Zero Dawn

These are all great games and just completing these 4 games will boost your completion greatly. I enjoyed the DLC for Horizon, I found there was a difficulty spike (maybe it was the few months I had off). Ni No Kuni 2 was great - not a huge grind like the first one was (poison is your friend).

Bully is not bad either, just be prepared for a huge grind on the bike for the plat. As for Crash Bandicoot - Good luck, they are my personal favourites of all time, however there are some controller breaking levels (I'm looking at you Crash 2). If you want some nice games to boost your profile Spyro, Rachet and Clank and God of War are all easy but great plats. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

I just had a look at your profile. More specifically the games we have in common. You have some great story modes still to complete. 

-Ni No Kuni 2

-Spiderman (and DLC)

-South Park 

-Horizon: Zero Dawn

These are all great games and just completing these 4 games will boost your completion greatly. I enjoyed the DLC for Horizon, I found there was a difficulty spike (maybe it was the few months I had off). Ni No Kuni 2 was great - not a huge grind like the first one was (poison is your friend).

Bully is not bad either, just be prepared for a huge grind on the bike for the plat. As for Crash Bandicoot - Good luck, they are my personal favourites of all time, however there are some controller breaking levels (I'm looking at you Crash 2). If you want some nice games to boost your profile Spyro, Rachet and Clank and God of War are all easy but great plats. 

I agree they are all great games. So many good ones to choose from. Bully I have 100% on my 360 so I am well aware of the grind. Since I did that one before it may be sometime before I do it again. After today the goal will be to knock out Guardians of the Galaxy. I have padded my score .25% since the first so I do not think it will make a dent. I will knock it out quickly. After that I am still deciding. All of them are good options, or Batman AA is a fav of mine too. And I have still to beat that story on this system. 

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Batman AA is a fav of mine too. And I have still to beat that story on this system. 

By far the best Batman game. I have a few things to clean up in Arkham Knight but I hate the game so much it isn't funny.

Congrats on the .25% increase. That is something to be proud of. It's only been 9 days!

Edited by Gumby114

By starting Guardians of the Galaxy gave me a setback of almost .50, ouch it hurts. Luckily it is a quick game so my score should be back up to normal soon.

I was looking at last years event, I averaged an increase of .62 a month. Of course there were a few months where I went backwards because of KYC’s and such. I need atleast a 1.5 each month to reach my goal. So by Feb 1st,  need over 56%. So only one new game at a month to keep my score from dropping to much, unless it is a game I can easily beat with in the month. 

• Like 2