Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

Stats look great Squirlruler. Thanks!

Can someone please tell me how the completion percentage is calculated? I tried various methods and just can't get it. I would like to figure out how many trophies I need to reach my goal and what negative impact starting a new game has on the percentage.

21 minutes ago, voyager49 said:

Can someone please tell me how the completion percentage is calculated? I tried various methods and just can't get it. I would like to figure out how many trophies I need to reach my goal and what negative impact starting a new game has on the percentage.

It's based off trophy points of a game minus plat, excluding E (0%) games on the profile. Ie 2 games, worth same points, one at 60, one at 100, your current completion is 80.

On 2020-01-08 at 7:53 PM, Gumby114 said:

By far the best Batman game. I have a few things to clean up in Arkham Knight but I hate the game so much it isn't funny.

Congrats on the .25% increase. That is something to be proud of. It's only been 9 days!

I preferred City. They're all great games (yes even Knight; including Origins despite it *still* being buggy & had a multiplayer nobody asked for). I really enjoy Asylum's atmosphere. Might have to go back and platinum it a third time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, voyager49 said:

I'll go ahead and give an example with my profile.  I have 179 games played, 168 completed and 192 unearned trophies.  Of those unearned trophies 8 of those are plats, those are ignored.

My total earned points are 162,945.  I have 118 plats, so those are disregarded.  That amounts to 21,240 points to remove out for a total of 141,705.

Of my unearned trophies I have 29 golds, 44 silvers and 110 bronze.  Platinums aren't counted here either.  That's 2610 points for the golds, 1320 for the silvers, and 1650 for the bronzes.  So that's 5580 left to earn.  Add that to my total and I get 147,285.  Take the 141,705 and divide it by the total of 147,285 and I get 96.21%, which is indeed my current completion.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I preferred City. They're all great games (yes even Knight; including Origins despite it *still* being buggy & had a multiplayer nobody asked for). I really enjoy Asylum's atmosphere. Might have to go back and platinum it a third time.

I remember booting up City and seeing the open world. It really felt alive. It's hard to split City and Asylum. I have a soft spot for Asylum because it was my first ever PS3 game. I was just flawed by the graphics, combat and story. The Scarecrow encounters will forever be one of the greatest boss fights I have ever take part in. And the 'crash' you experience was brilliant. I must admit, I reset my console twice before i realised what was going on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

I remember booting up City and seeing the open world. It really felt alive. It's hard to split City and Asylum. I have a soft spot for Asylum because it was my first ever PS3 game. I was just flawed by the graphics, combat and story. The Scarecrow encounters will forever be one of the greatest boss fights I have ever take part in. And the 'crash' you experience was brilliant. I must admit, I reset my console twice before i realised what was going on. 

Haha. My brother had a 360, and didn't play many games myself (almost always watching my brother playing COD and whatnot) and saw Asylum at the video rental store, myself being a batman fan asked him to rent it, which he did and I watched him play through it all.

Spoiler

That freezing *still* warms my heart, such an innovative idea

Spoiler

The scarecrow scenes are also phenomenal.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SanctifiedSword said:

@Squirlruler @ladynadiad Do you guys use some web crawler to go through the HTML pages and compound the stats or are you guys doing it by hand?

I'm not normally handling grabbing stats, I just helped since I suggested the idea for a new stat.  I did grab them by hand though.  As far as I know Squirlruler does have a script for it.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, jonesey46 said:

If it's not too late to join I'd like to partake. Made some big moves on my percentage last year and hoping to keep it going, although I didn't reach my personal goal of 80% I now know what my limits are now so taking that into account, I should manage this.

Start: 78.11%

Goal: 85%

Increase: 6.89%

Good luck everyone!

@SquirlrulerHey I don't know if you seen my post or not but I'd like to join if it isn't too late please.

Starting goat simulator took me from 51.02% to 50.54% lol. I wanted to see what the fuss was with the Flapmaster trophy what with it being only uncommon and yet notoriously hard? Turns out it wasn’t as bad as I feared. Was it difficult? Yes, but it only took me about 5-10 minutes, so not terribly long to complete.

7 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

@Squirlruler @ladynadiad Do you guys use some web crawler to go through the HTML pages and compound the stats or are you guys doing it by hand?

Yea, I wrote a script to compile the stats. I did it by hand several times last year, what a pain in the ass. Lol.

9 hours ago, Masbee29 said:

If you are still accepting participants I would like to join.

I'm currently 84.06%, would like to get over 95%

Added

3 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

@SquirlrulerHey I don't know if you seen my post or not but I'd like to join if it isn't too late please.

Added

6 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

If  i can stil sign, i will enter in the fray.

Currently have 31% (31.46 actualy).

Currently looking to increase it 5% at the end of the year (36 or 37%)

Also, PM me if you want me to help you with MP trophies in a game we have in common.

Added

I have added you to the mid-month post, please review your stats for accuracy.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, Squirlruler said:

@jonesey46
Original Starting PCG: 77.38%                Total Earned Trophies: 94
Goal PCG: 85%                        Total Earned Platinums: 0
Current PCG: 78.12%                    Total Games Started: 1
Total Increase: 0.74%                    Total Games Completed: 2

@Squirlruler Sorry to be a bother but my platinums earned should be 2 as my completed games both had platinums. Also, can I ask how you got my percentage from the start of the year? Is it just as simple as taking away all the points I'd earned since Jan 1st and deducting the total of the one game I'd started after that?

Thanks for doing what you do :D excited to see where this event goes over the course of the year.

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

@Squirlruler Sorry to be a bother but my platinums earned should be 2 as my completed games both had platinums. Also, can I ask how you got my percentage from the start of the year? Is it just as simple as taking away all the points I'd earned since Jan 1st and deducting the total of the one game I'd started after that?

Thanks for doing what you do :D excited to see where this event goes over the course of the year.

It's not a bother, gotta make sure we have the data correct or the stats are useless :P

1/1 stats were calculated as follows:

(Total earned points - plat points) / current percentage  = Total possible trophy points for stat calculation

Total possible trophy points - new game points (not including plat) = Total Points as of 1/1

Then I calculated 1/1 total trophy points (on your stats page, went to 12/31, added up all the points, minus plats)

Then divide those points with Total Points to get your percentage.

• Like 1

Thanks for the percentage calculation rules/examples. Not sure I completely understand so I might revisit this later if you don't mind. 

15 hours ago, igs63 said:

Starting goat simulator took me from 51.02% to 50.54% lol. I wanted to see what the fuss was with the Flapmaster trophy what with it being only uncommon and yet notoriously hard? Turns out it wasn’t as bad as I feared. Was it difficult? Yes, but it only took me about 5-10 minutes, so not terribly long to complete.

Igs63: I have been chasing Flapmaster on and off for like 2 years on the PS3 so Congratulations! Which town did you earn the trophy in?

3 hours ago, voyager49 said:

Igs63: I have been chasing Flapmaster on and off for like 2 years on the PS3 so Congratulations! Which town did you earn the trophy in?

Thanks! I didn’t mean to make anyone feel bad but it genuinely didn’t take me long to get. I did it in the bay at the machine by the Ferris wheel.

19 minutes ago, RikuKelev said:

I hate it, when they put out dlc for a game you already finished. 

Kingdom Hearts 3, right? That games still pretty new so you shouldn't be surprised that it has DLCing coming out. Though I guess with Square Enix it's a toss of the hat weather the game is directed by someone that loves trophies and gets a million trophies (e.g. FFXV) or someone that hates trophies and never gets new ones despite all the added content (e.g. FFXIV).

16 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Kingdom Hearts 3, right? That games still pretty new so you shouldn't be surprised that it has DLCing coming out. Though I guess with Square Enix it's a toss of the hat weather the game is directed by someone that loves trophies and gets a million trophies (e.g. FFXV) or someone that hates trophies and never gets new ones despite all the added content (e.g. FFXIV).

Yep. And the DLC is 30 bucks, bs! 

That's one of the reasons why I don't buy games on release, cause of dlc and different editions. KH was an exception, cause I've been waiting for that for so long. 

2 hours ago, RikuKelev said:

That's one of the reasons why I don't buy games on release, cause of dlc and different editions. KH was an exception, cause I've been waiting for that for so long. 

I had the exact same issue with AC: Origins and Odyssey...... On one hand, it's fantastic if you love the game but the issue I have is with game like Uncharted 3 that have 5 trophy lists dedicate to MP.... or 50 odd trophies.

3 hours ago, RikuKelev said:

Woah, $30 is way too much for DLC! I barely ever spend that much for the base game since I typically wait for sales.

What gets me these days is DLC will be released, then some time later they will come out with a "complete" or "definitive" edition of the game with everything included for like half the price you paid for the original game. God forbid if the complete edition goes on sale too, then the savings are even more. $30 is just way too much for a DLC pack unless it's literally like adding half of a new game to the current game or something lol. I haven't played KH but that just seems pricey to me. 

@Squirlruler Oh okay. I was gonna say if you were doing the stats by hand you're gonna burn out sometime. ? Pretty cool to write a script for it I commend you.

Also small update I finished Sekiro which was so much fun. Gonna start Bloodborne as my next major game. Need to go back and finish Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Star Ocean at some point this year though. Bleh.